Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read: Time For A Change

+24
Brian
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Rylin
DoctorN
dethmetldon
The Dude
Tamhvm
Tweeg
Seby
hayame
ChaosAngelic
PsoHacker
Delsaber666
Whithil XBR
SHADOWROD
mahkbooks
aaron_yume
Moopthehedgehog
MuCast
wiiman
Wing
EvilMag
BlueCrab
Aleron Ives
28 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Please Read: Time For A Change - Page 3 Empty Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  ChaosAngelic Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 am

Well dangit, I now need to get a console copy of PSO so I can play here. XD

I've got a DC but I really don't feel like paying so much for a BBA... I suppose I'll try the DC-PC server with my Linux box when I can actually find a modem for it. Or I'll get PSOGC. Or both. Hmm...

Aleron Ives wrote:
ChaosAngelic wrote:Ah, now this is great to hear. I was kinda hoping something like this would happen, but didn't really expect it because this site has always been linked to Schtserv. (The homepage is even on the Schtserv webserver, you know?)
It's also being hosted by BlueCrab now. Wink (psopalace.sylverant.net)
Nice! (There are still broken pages though... are they just gone at this point?)

ChaosAngelic

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Please Read: Time For A Change - Page 3 Empty Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  mahkbooks Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 pm

In Canada, we have what is called emergency dial-up, which gives you 20 hours of dial-up per month for free, as long as you have high speed internet. It is provided by the high speed company, in case the high speed goes out. So check with your isp whether they have this service for you. I'm sure it is not unheard of. We don't play for more than 20 hours per month, but even if you go over, it's only $1 per hour over. It won't hurt to phone and ask.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:48 pm

ChaosAngelic wrote:Well dangit, I now need to get a console copy of PSO so I can play here. XD

I've got a DC but I really don't feel like paying so much for a BBA... I suppose I'll try the DC-PC server with my Linux box when I can actually find a modem for it. Or I'll get PSOGC. Or both. Hmm...

Aleron Ives wrote:
ChaosAngelic wrote:Ah, now this is great to hear. I was kinda hoping something like this would happen, but didn't really expect it because this site has always been linked to Schtserv. (The homepage is even on the Schtserv webserver, you know?)
It's also being hosted by BlueCrab now. Wink (psopalace.sylverant.net)
Nice! (There are still broken pages though... are they just gone at this point?)
Ives never made them. afro

EDIT:THE RESULTS ARE IN! They really don't care!
Lee wrote:
Corey wrote:
moopthehedgehog wrote:Please Read: Time For A Change - Page 3 We-have-moved, too.
It's not just BB that's gonna take a hit.

You left? That makes me happy.

Who else is leaving?

(has it been a week yet?)
looks like a positive to me, no need to put up 2 whole blocks for the 10 people (most of which are br cheaters) who never really played much anyway.
(I think they hate me... Unless this is sarcasm. I suck at detecting internet sarcasm.)
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected. It's better to not say anything. You should expect rotten tomatoes when announcing your departure to a bunch of people who don't like you.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:19 am

TBH, I'm not sure if they think it's just me, though; it seems like it...
Well, I kinda figured something like that would happen. Anyway, I don't think it matters all that much (which was the point of it). I actually removed that part of my post, but it might not have made a global change fast enough silent

Sorry... Crying or Very sad
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected. It's better to not say anything. You should expect rotten tomatoes when announcing your departure to a bunch of people who don't like you.

It's Lee for goodness sake, what more of a response are you supposed to get?

He's probably hell bent over something that has happened to him in that past that isn't making him a happy camper while taking it out on other people of his "lesser superiority", why d'yuh think he always brings people down.. cuz those people are usually above him (without pso to talk about)

Gawhd.. Yeah lee sucks.
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:43 pm

hayame wrote:It's Lee for goodness sake, what more of a response are you supposed to get?

He's probably hell bent over something that has happened to him in that past that isn't making him a happy camper while taking it out on other people of his "lesser superiority", why d'yuh think he always brings people down.. cuz those people are usually above him (without pso to talk about)

Gawhd.. Yeah lee sucks.
Yeah, it's only because of him that we got the EP and much of our quest knowledge; he's definitely nothing to write home about. Rolling Eyes It wouldn't hurt to show a little gratitude, you know. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
hayame wrote:It's Lee for goodness sake, what more of a response are you supposed to get?

Gawhd.. Yeah lee sucks.
Yeah, it's only because of him that we got the EP and much of our quest knowledge; he's definitely nothing to write home about. Rolling Eyes It wouldn't hurt to show a little gratitude, you know. Mad

oh well, we have it now and thats basically what matters, so fck Lee. same thing probably goes for him too "we have bb now and thats basically what matters, so fck v2/pc"
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

I think Lee's cool. He let me download Hero and Daughter off his server last year. Otherwise, I might not have it for DC. I appreciate his efforts.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 pm

hayame wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:

Gawhd.. Yeah lee sucks.

oh well, we have it now and thats basically what matters, so fck Lee. same thing probably goes for him too "we have bb now and thats basically what matters, so fck v2/pc"

I don't think you understand what it's like hosting/moderating a multiplatform server and its respective forums.

Supply and Demand has caused a great deal of pressure on the SCHTServ administration; meaning the BBers are so numerous, the main focus has shifted from dc/pc/v2/gc to heavily on BB. This is what humans are like. When something becomes too great a power, no matter what, we are forced to move along the riptide it pulls us through.

Who's to say they've totally given up on v2? They haven't up until this point, and that's because WE LEFT THEM. I'm not saying that's bad at all, I'm merely suggesting that we've alleviated some pressure off of them to host a ship that has only 0-2 people 90% or so of the time. In fact, I think they may well be relieved that it's just one less thing for them to worry about, but that's beside the point.

What I'm trying to say is that the sheer number of Blue Burst players on SCHTServ has taken a huge toll on the community's infrastructure, the administration's view of the community, and the overall balance of SCHTServ. Heck, with the amount of problems going on with the BB players, the other versions are lucky to even have been an afterthought on Lee's, Crono's, and mostly everyone but Ives and Cranberry's mind. The fact that we even were updated on SCHTServ is a miracle in itself.

Now, by no means am I protecting everything about SCHTServ. Crono's probably one of the laziest people I've ever encountered (well, I take that back. An IRL friend is worse.), and it isn't really my position to comment on that, but I'd at least like to think that what we HAVE gotten from them is worthy of gratitude. As Ives said, we wouldn't have cool, game-breaking modifications that do serve many people well without Lee. At the very least, give Lee credit for not totally leaving us to rot in sacs with our Dreamcasts and our v2s--it's the least anyone can do, and starting a credit war over whatever the heck it was about to become just makes us all seem like ungrateful jerks.

I for one am extremely grateful of everything that we've gotten from Ives, Lee, and now BlueCrab. Without these people (and Schthack, of course), where would we be now? Would we be oldschool playing Phantasy Star Online? Of course not. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't realize the sheer amount of effort these guys put into giving the WORLD a chance to continue playing a great game YEARS after it all officially ended.

What it all comes down to really is giving credit where credit is due. Why some are refusing to do so is beyond me--it doesn't help anyone anyway. And, most importantly, remember this: PSO is a game. It's a game that a lot of effort has been put into. Some of that effort has gone to waste, but most hasn't--just look around. We have PSOPalace, Sylverant, hell, even Dreamcast-Talk, APSO, and Dreamcast@Onlineconsoles.

Now, none of this would last forever, and the move to Sylverant is a great example of this. But we can build on past experiences to make the future of PSOv1/v2, even Gamecube better, only as long as we don't forget what many people have done for us. Whether you decide to agree with this or not, I just ask that you at least give credit where credit is due, and to not forget the great legacy left behind by people that have really worked hard for free, for us, and for an extended enjoyment of PSO.
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 pm

That's easily Moop's best post ever. cheers

mahkbooks wrote:I think Lee's cool. He let me download Hero and Daughter off his server last year. Otherwise, I might not have it for DC. I appreciate his efforts.
Lee deserves credit for this alone.

I didn't decide to start a server elsewhere because the SCHTServ administration is the scum of the earth, and I don't want this to turn into an APSO-esque topic dedicated to harping on the failings of other people. Our priorities and theirs don't match anymore, so we went our separate ways. Let's leave it at that.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seby Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Well...i just heard about Sylverant a few days ago and read this topic today..It seems to be a great server an i will try it soon..At the time i only can go online with GC cause my Dc won`t read the xdp disks and i cant change the DNS.But its very fantastic to hear that there is a Ver.2 Server for DC-Players.. I will post it to some german forums..maybe we can grow the community.

@Ives:
I will repair my DC as soon i can and my Bro finish the military at the end of february so we can make some cmode again..I`m also in contact with Saffo and maybe someday i hope to get Tillin back online Wink
Seby
Seby
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-01-02

http://www.dcarena.de     www.sega-dc.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:55 pm

SEBYYY

I hope you get your Dreamcast fixed soon. Sad Saffo already plays here. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tweeg Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Aleron Ives detached from Schtack/Crono's. Having read your wall of text initial post in this topic I can't blame you. Now if only I had a working DC compatible dial-up ISP, hmmm.

Tweeg

Number of posts : 13

http://www.segaforums.com/psoarchive/

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Tweeg wrote:Aleron Ives detached from Schtack/Crono's. Having read your wall of text initial post in this topic I can't blame you. Now if only I had a working DC compatible dial-up ISP, hmmm.
Broadband, man. It's the way of the future!

A pc-dc server, works, too.
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seby Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 am

Yeeehaaa...My Dc works!!!!!!!!I`ve calibrated the Laser just one time and now i can play online.I needed 4 tries to come on,but that Problem comes from my Router..Now its time for DC-POWER-CMODE Wink
Seby
Seby
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Woo! bounce
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Tweeg wrote:Aleron Ives detached from Schtack/Crono's. Having read your wall of text initial post in this topic I can't blame you. Now if only I had a working DC compatible dial-up ISP, hmmm.

Does your isp provide backup dial-up service? I think AT&T and SBC does for its dsl service. 20 hours per month for free. Very Happy

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Looks like schtserv is up again. You can still play christmas catastrophe over there if you want, but Ive's newest quests are not there.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:17 pm

mahkbooks wrote:Looks like schtserv is up again. You can still play christmas catastrophe over there if you want, but Ive's newest quests are not there.

Sorry Ives, i meant Ives' newest quests. (apologies Very Happy )

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamhvm Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Hello all, I'm new to this community and I should introduce me properly, but I might as well say my opinion on this before I lose my momentum.

I have played PSOBB a lot before, but I started on PSO DC when I was small. The game opened up a whole world of awesome experiences that I hadn't known before. When the official servers were out, and my subscription ran out of juice, I was left out wondering about PSO. I quickly forgot it (I'm lying, I played Offline A LOT).
Fast forward some years, and I found some private servers for PSO PC. I was in awe. I ditched some other ORPGs I was playing and restarted with PSO. Then I met PSOBB, and I played in one of those private servers. The ambience was different, the look, the feel... I knew it was the same game with a lot of extra content, but I missed having my trusty DC controller on hand, watching blurry text in the screen, and swap-typing as mad while a horde of Very Hard rappies attacked (and no, I didn't wanted to buy a DC/USB controller adapter, nor setting my video to lowest).

I'm glad that you, Aleron Ives took the chance to lead your own community and to properly revive and allow us to return some love to one awesome game.
Leave those other private servers to dedicate to PSOBB, leave those other servers to have ridiculous themes, free hacks, or ask for exaggerated requirements (I can't handle posting in any forum just to accumulate posts towards a "goal").

However, I just have one, one little thing to request: If it's time to change, and this move is definite, would you please update your discs on PSO Palace to run directly to Sylverant (or create an XDelta/IPS patch or something like that)? I've been having trouble over trouble running/burning that CodeBreaker you uploaded, thus I can't access the server. I'm using a PC-DC modem connection (with a Win 98 VM, and a Kerio WinRoute Lite between) and that's (as far as I know) the only way I can play on the server. Sorry to bring something so off-topic, but I think I had to say everything in one place.
Thanks!

Last edited by Tamhvm on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor style and text checks.)

Tamhvm

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 am

Welcome aboard. Very Happy

If you're using a Windows 98 Virtual Machine, and it's running the WinRoute software that you're using to bridge the connections, have you tried altering the Windows 98 network settings inside the VM and changing DNS 1 to the Sylverant IPA (67.222.144.120)? When PSO tries to resolve master.pso.dream-key.com, sylverant.net will return its own IPA in answer to the query, and you'll be able to automatically connect with any disc, regardless of where it wants to go by default.

@ mahkbooks

The Christmas Catastrophe on SCHTServ is also out of date. The temporary server was rolled back to before the final update, so it doesn't have my last round of fixes or new quests. It seems a little silly to have Jinglebells playing in the middle of January, but I suppose it's better than KR/Ragol's old habit of having it going in July. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seby Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 am

Tamhvm wrote: I'm using a PC-DC modem connection (with a Win 98 VM, and a Kerio WinRoute Lite between) and that's (as far as I know) the only way I can play on the server. Sorry to bring something so off-topic, but I think I had to say everything in one place.
Thanks!
Hi ,its not the only way if u have the luck to pocesse the DC BBA..But if you can come online it doesnt matter how...Only thing thats important is : YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE with us..just like in the good old time..

Welcome Wink
Seby
Seby
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamhvm Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 am

Seby wrote:Hi ,its not the only way if u have the luck to pocesse the DC BBA..But if you can come online it doesnt matter how...Only thing thats important is : YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE with us..just like in the good old time..

Welcome Wink

Hahaha, you would need luck, or lots of money! If I had one of those mythical/famous DC BBAs I wouldn't be worried about not being able to connect. Nevertheless, thanks Seby! (although I have to start from scratch, that particular VMU I used is no more)

I'm detailing my problem in the following forum post (to not spam this with more technical support stuff).
https://psopalace.forumotion.com/t436-having-trouble-connecting-same-old-story-with-pc-dc-modem

Tamhvm

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Seby Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 am

Hahaha..I have a BBA Smile And i will NEVER sell it Wink My Brother has one too Wink

Here is one..but just 1 hour..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Dreamcast-Broadband-Network-Adapter-/260719543413?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cb4188475
Seby
Seby
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next