Please Read: Time For A Change

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:35 am

Window mode usually is more like 4:2 instead of 4:3, unless you use a loader that automatically corrects the aspect ratio, like deathrabbit's or Wiccaan's.

I think the main reason for DC preference is that there are essentially two types of Ver.2 players. There are those who support the Dreamcast because it has PSO, and there are those who support PSO because it's on the Dreamcast. I am in the former group, which is for people who think that Ver.2 is more fun and/or balanced than Ver.3/4, and consequently prefer to play it over newer versions. The latter category is for Dreamcast enthusiasts, who only play PSO because it's one of the few DC games that can still go online. If Ver.3 had been finished for the Dreamcast, such people would probably be playing that, because they're dedicated to their Dreamcasts, not Ver.2 persay. If you're the kind of person who likes turning Dreamcasts into Linux boxes and/or waffle irons, you're probably in the latter category. Laughing

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am

[quote="Rylin"]I love my DC but when my Broadband adpater died I decided it wasn't worth the 150+ to replace it, to play one game online, that I can play a virtually identical (to end users) version on the PC.
quote]

can you send it to me if you still have it. even if its dead i can put it to good use Smile

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  MuCast on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 am

Aleron Ives wrote:If you're the kind of person who likes turning Dreamcasts into Linux boxes and/or waffle irons, you're probably in the latter category. Laughing

Damn it, now I'm tempted to get a DC waffle iron xD

That's understandable though. While I played the DC when I was younger I never really went online with it, whether its nostalgia, loading times (lol), or just for enjoying the dreamcast as a console in and of itself, I could see why people have a preference to it.

@DoctorN: what exactly is going wrong on windowed mode? Granted, its a bit sensitive to outside tasks going on on the computer, but maybe one of us could help if you wanted to get the issues figured out. I do agree though, the KB controls are weird, USB controllers ftw xD

Edit: I just realized, could you use Xpadder to assign the numpad controls to wasd? This was just kind of a random thought, I'd have to check for sure later, but if its possible, it could probably ease up a lot of issues in regards to numpad frustration, lol.
avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 pm

in windowed mode its like widescreen (to how my monitor is) and i cant stretch ti out or move it (in windows 7). i wish there was a patch that allowed xbox 360 controllers to work perfectly. is it possible to modify the controls to the right stick rotates the camera but LT still centers it behind you? lt and rt dont work on the game because they actually use the z-axis. start is like pressing ctrl and select does nothing. i couldnt get the things to set right and i do have joy2key so idk.

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:14 pm

That's a problem with the M$ drivers, not PSO. You need to use XBCD. The official PC drivers for Xbox controllers are crap and won't let you treat the triggers like buttons. Third-party drivers will. Wink

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:43 pm

eh, maybe with all the droid emulators coming. well get dcoid with bba support. that would be awesome

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  mahkbooks on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 am

The xbox 360 wired controller is not that bad... You can configure it from PSO in the character menu, although it will not recognize the triggers. It will recognize the buttons above the triggers, though, and eventually, you get used to that.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  MuCast on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 am

mahkbooks wrote:The xbox 360 wired controller is not that bad... You can configure it from PSO in the character menu, although it will not recognize the triggers. It will recognize the buttons above the triggers, though, and eventually, you get used to that.

I use the 360 wired controller, to recognize the trigger buttons, you can use a program by the name of xpadder. it allows you to assign buttons to them from the keyboard. Push comes to shove though you can always be creative. I'm pretty sure Nash still uses his N64 controller for PSO, though he hasn't logged on in a pretty long time xD
avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Xpadder 5.6 (or maybe it was 5.3) works great for things like key assigning from a gamepad. the only downfall is that you can't map keys to act as arrows on a numpad...

I prefer it on the DC for Ives's latter reason. I'm trying to find LinuxDC, too, but it seems to have died... Mad
avatar
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Rylin on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm acutally in both catagories. I love my DC. I really do. It is just the Cost vs Use that makes me not buy another BBA. Quake 3 and Starlancer are alright but not something I want to bust my brain trying to set up.

As for PSO. I love v2. Aside from feeling like the Dreamcast version. I just don't care for Blueburst I tried to play it again awhile back and its just an unbalanced glitch ridden mess. Gamecube Version wasn't bad and I have it for four player splitscreen. But I just love the classic v2 PSO gameplay. And I like how easy it is to get online and update v2. Things like the new quest and the EP by Ives are a big draw. And you don't see it on the BB server.
avatar
Rylin
Member
Member

Number of posts : 42
Age : 33
Registration date : 2011-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:32 pm

You don't need Xpadder to fix the triggers on the Xbox controller.

http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html

Uninstall the M$ drivers, and use XBCD instead. The official drivers are garbage, and this way you won't have to run a second program while you play PSO to make the triggers work. Very Happy

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Brian on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:You don't need Xpadder to fix the triggers on the Xbox controller.

http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html

Uninstall the M$ drivers, and use XBCD instead. The official drivers are garbage, and this way you won't have to run a second program while you play PSO to make the triggers work. Very Happy
Hey Ives, do you know if this will work with a wireless controller? It would help me a lot Very Happy

I hope everything goes well now that your server won't have any of the old problems to update, you're making V2 way better and better each update, it would be a great loss to see you stop because of Crono's laziness Razz

On a way off-topic note: I got a little offended by EvilMag's(more like everyone's) comment on this place having a good start because of the lack of BRs. I understand everyone's point but it's really sad to see this kind of discrimination D:

Brian
Member
Member

Number of posts : 16
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  MuCast on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

[quote="Brian"]
Aleron Ives wrote:On a way off-topic note: I got a little offended by EvilMag's(more like everyone's) comment on this place having a good start because of the lack of BRs. I understand everyone's point but it's really sad to see this kind of discrimination D:

I don't know if its exactly discrimination regarding some of us here so much as it is that we just don't desire to be around the demographic because of past circumstances. BRs on this game in most previous instances did nothing but cause problems (hacking, cheating in legit games, going into games and needling the hell out of everything in a NORMAL MODE LEGIT GAME, and the like). That's not to say that we should blame or discriminate against those who are here presently, but it happens. For example, its common for a large group of people who do bad things or are commonly known to be disorderly or rude to be branded and remembered as an overall bad group to associate with. Where in fact, there are usually always a few people in that group that are in reality nice people.

When it comes down to it, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but while the BR population that existed prior to our migration to Sylverant, there was often gripe and annoyance at them for ruining the game for newer players who left because of their presence on the server. Therefore, I only dislike those who I've seen go about these actions because they have caused problems for myself and other players when it wasn't warranted by any means.

Well, that's my two cents, hope it wasn't too long to read, lol.



avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it "discrimination". It would be discrimination if I was banning people from the server simply for being from Brasil, which I am not doing. Anyone who follows the rules is welcome to play here. Sadly, many of us have had bad experiences with Brasilians in the past, just as those of us who have been here longer have had bad experiences with Koreans and even the French on Sega's server.

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:46 pm

what about the porugese? i recall kireek being from portugal

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

As I said, anyone who follows the rules is welcome to play here. The ban list is currently empty, and I hope it stays that way. Smile

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

coolio. on a side note. any ideas for having a small psu server? ive seen them around.

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  BlueCrab on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 am

DoctorN wrote:coolio. on a side note. any ideas for having a small psu server? ive seen them around.
I know I'm not considering anything like that any time soon. If I were to do something like that, it'd only be after I wrote the dern thing, and that would only happen if I was sufficiently "done" with Sylverant (meaning little to no outstanding bugs, all versions supported well, etc, etc).

Needless to say, the being "done" with Sylverant will probably not happen any time soon. There's always more bugs to be found, and the author of a program is always more difficult to please than anyone with the status of things on their code. Wink

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Age : 30
Registration date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 am

ok, just as long as theres no blue burst. blue burst is what killed all of schtacks other servers. its like (stereotypically speaking) playing like an asian on crack (lol, got that from 4chan). you think you might add an original xbox server? im sure it can be done seeing as though most peoples original xbox nowdays are soft modded.

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Brian on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

Yeah, discrimination wasn't the right choice for a word. As I said before, I understand your point guys, and I know this isn't only with Brazilians, I've seen tons of times on the trade section people joking about "Chinese PDs" xD, I just wanted to say for the first time how sad I am about this, even more because it's our people's fault Neutral

This PSU idea is good, but I know it's going to happen soon or happen at all, although many people don't like it, and I have my own complaints about it too, I don't think it's a really bad game. But there's something PSU have that make me enjoy it a lot, double handguns shooting until the PP is over Twisted Evil

Brian
Member
Member

Number of posts : 16
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

psu was the first phantasy star i played on xbox 360. i can see the difference that older people may not like but then again psu is a different game.

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 pm

If you want to try to convince BlueCrab to work on other things, you can always join his IRC channel and pester him. Wink The focus of this forum will always be Ver.1/2.

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2103
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Rylin on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I have to admit while I'm not a huge PSU fan, being able to quick swap weapons was pretty nice. It was one of two features I really liked about PSU, the other was the rooms. PSU wasn't bad, it just doesn't have the replay value PSO does. I'm not sure what it is, but the magic just isn't there.

Thats kinda how I am about BB too. *shrug* I love v2 PSO. I mean I just made a force the other day and started leveling her. I HATE forces but I was watching the Familar of Zero Anime, and the idea to make a Force named Louise just got stuck in my head lol. I spent all afternoon watching the anime and leveling the force. It was anice evening.
avatar
Rylin
Member
Member

Number of posts : 42
Age : 33
Registration date : 2011-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  BlueCrab on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 am

Aleron Ives wrote:If you want to try to convince BlueCrab to work on other things, you can always join his IRC channel and pester him. Wink The focus of this forum will always be Ver.1/2.
Not that pestering me gets me to go in completely random directions. Also, not that pestering me will get me to do anything in the near future either (due to other obligations). Wink

Oh, and when I say ALL versions, I do indeed mean that it is in the plan for Blue Burst to eventually be supported. Sylverant originally ONLY supported Blue Burst at the beginning of its life (before anyone but a few people even knew about it... before even Ives knew of it, for that matter). It will eventually happen, but not any time soon, in all likelihood. Episode 3 support comes before Blue Burst in the current plan. Cool

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Age : 30
Registration date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  DoctorN on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am

Zero No Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) is my favorite anime Very Happy ive seen all the different seasons of it (i believe us only has season 1, whereas zero no tsukaima goes up to season 3).

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Read: Time For A Change

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum