Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you! + a question

3 posters

Go down

Thank you! + a question Empty Thank you! + a question

Post  Xira Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:43 am

Twas the night *of* Christmas and all through the house (no, not rhyming this post) - on a particular "near-vanilla PSOBB" we had retired to Forest 1 in a new party room after defeating Falz. The youngest sibling, having started from PSO2 and only just begun BB, knew not of the Dreamcast days. We told them of global shipgates and Word Select with non-English writers, of CASTs being accurate, and useful HUmars.

We joked of BB as (correct me if I am wrong) a port of a (Xbox) port of a (Gamecube) port of Dreamcast. A shame, I thought, we could not experience that. But then I remembered this place. I said, "So... did you know there was _another_ port to the PC, only released in Japan? And it can be found online?"

A quick Google search later I was delighted to find this place still stands, with PSO PC downloads galore. And so we installed it, and there was much praise for volume control, 100 character slots, faraway draw distances with no "pop," beautiful azure HUDs, increased challenge, and proper lighting and shadows (no "swinging lamp effect" like in BB...)

So, @AleronIves and @BlueCrab , THANK YOU for continuing to maintain this place + the servers after all this time santa santa cheers cheers cheers

And a question - forgive me if it's been asked before - what happens if someone with the Rebalance pack / Ludicrous Pack installed accidentally joins a game of someone who doesn't, or vis versa? Do the clients crash each other - or will they simply see altered damage numbers on both ends?

Xira

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-12-26

Back to top Go down

Thank you! + a question Empty Re: Thank you! + a question

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:24 pm

There won't be any crashing or anything, but you will get some monster desync, and you may find it irksome that non-EP players are able to kill everything before you get a chance to do much damage, since Ultimate is so much easier than Ludicrous. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:19 pm

The versions are basically the same except for ultimate... You may not want to change to ep until you reach level 120 or so. You will not do any damage otherwise.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down