Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Translations

+2
Aleron Ives
Nico0020
6 posters

Go down

Other Translations Empty Other Translations

Post  Nico0020 Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Is there any thought into converting the Japanese quest "Sunset by the secret base". As we actually have the English Script to it from BB, so that at least eliminates that problem. That is, if the text is the same. Would be nice to have this quest in english and not having to switch to JP language to play it, also making it available to PC users.

There were also two JP Dreamcast v1 quests, max attack 1 and some easter quest. Have those ever been looked at?

I cant think of any other EP1 quests in Japanese, are there any others?
Nico0020
Nico0020

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Other Translations Empty Re: Other Translations

Post  Aleron Ives Wed May 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Since the quest was changed on BB, I would assume it has a new script. Most likely we would have to translate it.

Personally, I don't want to put the effort into that quest as it's rather dumb. AFAIK you kill absolutely nothing and the script based events are boring. You only talk to Rappies and get free items. If the items didn't suck I wouldn't find it so bad, but they do. Mags without PBs, weapons without percents, and frames without slots = zzzz. Personally I'd rather go to the trouble to make a quest that doesn't suck to get those items with better stats.

Lee has recently built the Ver.1 download quests E-Access (it has nothing to do with Easter, it's a mistranslation. The quest is a propaganda pitch for an ISP) and some other quest.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico0020 Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 am

well for sunset, i'd be willing to take the time to write up a text file with all the script translated. I want to offer my help in at least something as far as PSOv2/PC goes. But then after that I assume there is nothing more I can do without the knowledge and the right tools.
Nico0020
Nico0020

Back to top Go down

Other Translations Empty Another opinion

Post  stasher Wed May 28, 2008 8:58 am

"Items that suck" is just one man's opinion. The game magazine does not suck, percents or not, because it's a lot more powerful than other items that a level 1 has to start out with/can equip.

I think it's really nice to have a unique or funny-looking mag, even if they are easy to aquire. Some mags complete the whole look a person is looking for; such as a darkly dressed force having devils wings and a pitchfork cane.

And the mags don't suck as much as one thinks because they are really easy to level. Especially if you're starting out at a level 1 and want to increase any of your stats quickly. You can always level a regular mag at the same time if you want PBs. Mags are not one-size-fits-all where you have just one mag throughout the whole adventure. If you need more power in one area/level and more attack accuracy in another, you switch mags. Having mags that are easy to level makes this easier to do.

Mags with no PBs means that if you have a heal or attack item on the alt buttons, you don't accidentally set off a PB when you need to use those heal/attack buttons. Lord knows I've set off my share of PBs with no enemies in the room. And I've seen many others accidenally set theirs off, too. It's nice to have a choice whether or not you want a mag with PBs.

Chu Chu frame without slots is pretty sucky, though. But, if someone needs it to complete their look, who am I to judge if it sucks as much as I think it does?

I think one main reason people want this quest is because it'll make their experience of PSO more complete. Those that never had a chance to play this quest on their DC during the SEGA servers can now have another chance at it. People like things to be the way they are supposed to be/used to be, and having this quest available makes them feel as if the good-ole-days are coming back. Also, having this quest available to just one country feels unfair. This adds to the incomplete experience of PSO.
stasher
stasher
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://stasher-dragon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Well it looks like Cranberry and I will be handling this quest, though we will have to change the prizes for GC. We may be able to use the BB translation done by Sega, but I have to verify how close the two quests are. Unfortunately, we must first actually get a raw copy of the quest. Does anyone here have:

• A Dreamcast that they can connect to a server and download quests/the VMU space for those quests.
  • The ability to transfer their VMU saves to their PC.
  • The ability to rip their Dreamcast's flash memory using either DCLoad IP or DCLoad (you just need either a BBA or the coder's cable + a CD-R to burn the software).
  • A working copy of nullDC.

From what Lee has told me, he can't use the raw Download Quest copies of the JP Ver.2 quests, they're somehow scrambled even before they have been tied to your serial number and access key. Therefore the only way for us to get them is for somebody to take his VMU files of the quests that have already been encrypted to his serial number and then use the flash from his actual Dreamcast in nullDC and load the quest in the emulator. When you do this the unencrypted bin and dat is available in the memory, which we can then dump into files so that we can make the quests run in the editor.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Wed May 28, 2008 4:15 pm

I guess I have everything here. Just need some time to try ripping flash content and stuff.. Anyways, if anyone have more spare time than me, feel free to do it Wink cause I am not sure when I can do it yet.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed May 28, 2008 4:37 pm

There are some other quests that need this, too. There's Famitsu Cup and some other unknown quest that JP Ver.2 has as DLQs. o.O;
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 pm

I am getting interested on helping out with this. I hope to get my hands on it in the next week.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayla Thu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

I have a rip of my PSOv2 if you want.
Ayla
Ayla

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  stasher Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 pm

I would love to help, but the only help I'd be is mailing my VMU with the quest on it to whomever is able to work on it. I'm missing many other pieces listed. Sad
stasher
stasher
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://stasher-dragon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Fri May 30, 2008 3:47 am

Thanks Ayla, but theres no need for that Wink

::Edit::
Hey Aleron, are you guys really looking foward to translate those 2 v1 quests either? That would really rock! albino

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:52 am

Nico0020 wrote:Is there any thought into converting the Japanese quest "Sunset by the secret base". As we actually have the English Script to it from BB, so that at least eliminates that problem. That is, if the text is the same. Would be nice to have this quest in english and not having to switch to JP language to play it, also making it available to PC users.

There were also two JP Dreamcast v1 quests, max attack 1 and some easter quest. Have those ever been looked at?

I cant think of any other EP1 quests in Japanese, are there any others?

I have rebuilt both of these quests from the vmu saves now, as for v.2 the flash and dc save stuff is no long necessary since I relaised the pvr's where interfereing with files being open properly, quite a bit of sunset is the same as the BB one although there are differences too that would need to be translated, I have a japanese guy working on e-access but he says it contains humour that will not translate well to english >_<

Lee

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico0020 Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 pm

he says it contains humour that will not translate well to english >_<
Kinda like the christmas queste for GC. As far as I remember it had some weird things said in it by rappies that were just weird to Americans. But anime junkies like myself and a lot of the users on the schthack boards wont notice anything weird, just usual strangeness of the strange japan.
Nico0020
Nico0020

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Lee wrote:
I have rebuilt both of these quests from the vmu saves now, as for v.2 the flash and dc save stuff is no long necessary since I relaised the pvr's where interfereing with files being open properly, quite a bit of sunset is the same as the BB one although there are differences too that would need to be translated, I have a japanese guy working on e-access but he says it contains humour that will not translate well to english >_<

Nice! DC PSO is getting stronger bit by bit cheers Keep us updated if you will Cool

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down