Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random crashes

3 posters

Go down

Random crashes Empty Random crashes

Post  mepsipax Sat May 17, 2008 5:26 am

I dont know why this happens, but randomly the game crashes so i have to restart the whole computer, it only happens in the levels as i go through gates or when i turn the camera, it doesnt happen alot but it gets annoying as i can't even get to forest 2 sometimes, or it crashes near the end of forest 2, so if anyone could think of a reason why that'd be helpful

mepsipax

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Random crashes Empty Re: Random crashes

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 17, 2008 3:11 pm

It sounds like some of the files are corrupt. Have you tried the basics, updating Direct X, your video card drivers, and reinstalling the game?
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 pm

its the version you have on utorrent, so i wanted to know if u knew anything specific about this problem, i already have DX9.0 so i dont think that needs updating, ill reinstall it then see if its worked. Plus my video card driver should be fine, as this is the only game that crashes like this, and PSO only crashes whilst going through certain points, all other places work fine

Last edited by mepsipax on Sat May 17, 2008 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding info)

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm

well i re-installed it but is still crashed

Last edited by mepsipax on Sat May 17, 2008 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i just found this out)

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 17, 2008 4:39 pm

How about your graphics card drivers?
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sat May 17, 2008 4:43 pm

i dont really know much about them, but other games work fine, so surely it should work on this one aswell, and i know this sounds stupid but i cant actually remember how to check what graphic card i have. ive poked around a bit but cant find anything that tells me what my graphics card is Rolling Eyes

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Go the Start Menu, click "Run" and type "dxdiag" without the quotes.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sat May 17, 2008 5:14 pm

right, done, which bit of information do you need to know?

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't really need to know anything, look at the manufacturer of your graphics card, go to their website, get the latest drivers for your card?
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 6:10 am

argh! i think i give up with PSO... i deleted it all, theres no point in a non working game
thanks for the help

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Argos Sun May 18, 2008 8:11 am

Did you use hacks or different versions of the *.exe files? Sometimes when using different versions of the online and offline exe - for things such as using hacks - the data structure seems to be messed up and area transitions are pretty much screwed. This usually happens when using the "UnlockAllArea" file, which writes a few KBs of info into the main executable, but then cause problems between area transitions. An example being that you can only go through the first level of a given area (ie., Forest 1, Ruins 1) in Offline Mode, and you can visit every single area in Online Mode, but transition between these areas in either mode usually causes an error and quits the game to the desktop.

If it's a problem with the files, you should remove everything and perform a clean install.

Argos

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 am

i still have the RAR files, but i haven't used any hacks or different versions that i know of, but if there is any hacks or versions, Aleron should know about them because its the version i downloaded from him, if he hasn't put any hacks in then there isn't any hacks. The game doesn't quit, it just freezes my whole computer so i cant go to the desktop or anything. Mouse can't move, and i cant do anything with the keyboard

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Argos Sun May 18, 2008 11:16 am

Oh, I'm not accusing anyone Smile I just remembered that a very similar problem had occured with a friend of mine, who had made a mess of the executables by switching between different versions. Even with the right ones replacing the changed ones, he couldn't fix it since the extent of the changes also affected the files in the Backup folder, where savegames are stored - which also saved the changes.

If your case is different - and it sounds like it, considering you are using Aleron's files and they were, as you say, unchanged - then it might be some other issue, probably a graphical one.

Argos

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 11:29 am

i only said it was Aleron's version, so he should know of any hacks/versions on it, but ive tried reinstalling it, nothing, tried extracting everything over again, then reinstalling, nothing, same places all the time, i'm going to try get some screenshots or videos of the areas where it crashes so you can get a better idea of the problem, but some of the files may of been corrupted when i downloaded them, or i just did something wrong... Rolling Eyes

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun May 18, 2008 11:42 am

mepsipax wrote:i still have the RAR files, but i haven't used any hacks or different versions that i know of, but if there is any hacks or versions, Aleron should know about them because its the version i downloaded from him, if he hasn't put any hacks in then there isn't any hacks. The game doesn't quit, it just freezes my whole computer so i cant go to the desktop or anything. Mouse can't move, and i cant do anything with the keyboard

If you have RAR files, then you do NOT have my version. Mine comes in a ZIP file named PSO_PC_Ives_ISOs_v2.zip. It contains two ISO images and some executables.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 11:53 am

i have your one, but all my downloads from utorrent open with winRAR... i dont know why but they do, and the user i got the download from is Aleron Ives, the second version that, if thats not you, they put on TPB
winRAR is my default zips and all them types, so it says its a winRAR file... thats why i said they are RAR files
i've sorted the RAR/ISO thing out by uninstalling winRAR, now they show as the proper types, not RAR archives. so just forget about that thing with the RAR files? (i didn't explain it enough) Smile
well that made it worse, it wont extract now, but i'm going to redownload it, and hope it works.

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun May 18, 2008 2:17 pm

The only thing you have to extract is the 5 files from the ZIP file, you do not extract anything from the ISO images. You either mount them with a virtual drive or you burn them to a CD-R.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 2:26 pm

i was trying to extract from the .zip but it extracted the readme, then said something about an end, but nothing extracted from that file and it said it was corrupted or invalid
and that might be the problem why i had the problem, i extracted everything because i couldn't use a virtual drive as it showed up as a RAR Archive
problems just pile up don't they Sad

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 pm

...It sounds like the ZIP file is corrupt and you have to redownload it. >_> Keep the ZIP file and add the Torrent to your BT client again and tell it to recheck the pieces. If it's corrupt it should try to redownload the pieces that are corrupt and not the whole thing.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mepsipax Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 pm

i've redownloaded it all, mounted, but when i run it i get the message "not support language", any ideas on that? (i've used 2 different virtual drive mounters but both say same on both discs)
hah, i guess this is why i should always read the readme carefully Razz

mepsipax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down