Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC)

3 posters

Go down

An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC) Empty An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC)

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, let me start off by saying, I recently got EUv2 DC, and it came with unique serials.
So, I was wondering if this was possible:

1. create a pc character (same type, RAmar, with same name, Moop)
2. go online DC and use /save command to save myself to schtserv along wiht stats and held items
3. go on psopc and use /restor command to backup my character, then /save to resave
4. flash DC bios, and then put in USv1, when asks for serial, put in (after reconfiguring dial-up/BBA settings)
5. put in usv2, when asked for serials, put in
6. put in real euv2, put in unique serials, recreate Moop
7. go online with EUv2, hitting /restor to bring my char back

My questions are: will this work? and will I keep my unique serials of EUv2 if I do this? ( i know the /save screwed up my shared serial)

p.s. I know it may seem weird, but I want to have my USv1 serial (i have a RAcast) and my USv2 serial (for posterity)
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC) Empty Re: An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC)

Post  hayame Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

*shines ives light bright through the night sky*
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC) Empty Re: An idea of mine that I had that involves multiple version oof PSO (PC, DC)

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:17 pm

If you can't use /save and /restor between DC and PC because you have a different Guild Card number, use pPSOs. You aren't registered there and your GC# will be name based.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

That's not what my problem was... my problem was that the /save and /restor commands reset or something my guild card for the DC ver... it's now only 4 digits long...

Also, ever since I ran a system restore and reinstalled psopc, It's been laggy like poo...
I hope NIS 2005 doesn't have anything to do with it... (it was fine before I sys restored)
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 am

If NIS is Norton, lol. Norton is terrible unless you have the corporate edition.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm

yeah NIS is norton. but PSO was fine b4 I used system resotre (I had norton b4 system restore)

EDIT: hunh, it magically sped up! yay, no more lag!

Edit years later or not: It turns out that my problem was that my laptop was on battery power. No matter what configurations, PSO PC just doesn't like running on battery n.n

(who is ever going to read this)
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down