Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New blood!

2 posters

Go down

New blood! Empty New blood!

Post  ceramicsaturn Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:53 am

Hoping to get started here soon. Been finalizing my general setup after many months of planning. While my Naomi 2 is on hold for parts, moving onto the DC and try my hand at PSO for the first time online. I had a DC towards the end of the lifespan when EB Games had them for a 20 bucks and the software was about 5-10 a piece, and as a poor college student just never could afford to get online.

I have a GDEMU for the Dreamcast I'm unsealing and have a Broadband adapter. My friend who's setting up my card for me says the files have to be gdi files, cdi files don't work. I saw the GDEMU friendly file here, but it's cdi. I'm honestly not sure why he claims cdi files don't work, but that's kinda where I'm at. I know about the file needing to be in folder 01 so I think I'm set on where to put it. Not sure if there's a way to convert the file to a GDI format or not...

That said, I'm going to try and fumble my way through this process. I'm honestly so SO excited to dive into this for the first time online. Looking forward to meeting others here. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way, so I won't be a stranger Smile.
ceramicsaturn
ceramicsaturn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-10-08

Back to top Go down

New blood! Empty Re: New blood!

Post  ceramicsaturn Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:55 am

Also, isn't folder 01 reserved for the GDEMU? Maybe I read that wrong...

EDIT: Just learned CDI files will work, just need to rename the file name to disc.cdi ... the more you know
ceramicsaturn
ceramicsaturn

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:57 pm

GDEMU supports CDI just fine. GDMENU sometimes has problems with PSO, but you can avoid that by putting PSO on its own SD card so you can boot it directly without GDMENU interfering. You can also put PSO in folder 1 and GDMENU in folder 2, and then press the button to select GDMENU when you want to play another game.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

ceramicsaturn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ceramicsaturn Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:GDEMU supports CDI just fine. GDMENU sometimes has problems with PSO, but you can avoid that by putting PSO on its own SD card so you can boot it directly without GDMENU interfering. You can also put PSO in folder 1 and GDMENU in folder 2, and then press the button to select GDMENU when you want to play another game.

Great to know! I'll get it done up that way, then! Thanks!
ceramicsaturn
ceramicsaturn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum