Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format

3 posters

Go down

Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format Empty Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format

Post  fadafou Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:33 am

I have seen your amazing works in your last release on the isozone.

this .cdi looks perfect but I want to add the intros in others langages in a .gdi file, I have seen you have to remove them for have a 80min cdi. How can I add them ?

I tried to mix the .cdi files with the .gdi without success. It's strange because I have seen some pso_op3600.sfd, pso_op3600e.sfd, pso_op3600f.sfd etc... when i run them it's effectively the intro files in the pso folder; the intro doesn't have subtitles during the game and after is in french if I select french in my dreamcast bios...

a lot have today dreamshell, or a gdemu or an usbgdrom or an emulator the .gdi format is now really appreciate.

I see, all the pso_op3600.sfd have the same size, i replace by the originals FMV, now it must be good. the size is almost the same.
But when I want to repack the .gdi, it takes me is too huge. How could you build a 80min cdi size with files bigger than a gdi...

Thanks for your help

fadafou

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-08-09

Back to top Go down

Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format Empty Re: Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

The CDI only has the English opening movie, since there isn't enough space on a CD-R to hold all five movies. If you want to watch the intro in another language, just stick your GD-ROM into your Dreamcast and idle on the title screen until the French intro plays. Wink You never see the movie in the course of actual gameplay, so there's no need to have all of them when it's easy to watch the movie using the retail disc.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format Empty Re: Aleron Ives Edition 4.0 psov2 2015 in .gdi format

Post  fadafou Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 am

Ok I know it's just a detail ;-)

I see in the files you have the five SFD intro movies with the same size, I played them and they are all the same files in english... The size difference is really small between the 5 langages, I understand if you have remove the movies in order to win some data space but you have left them. Why have you done that ?

I tried to do a .gdi with your cdi and the datas are too huge ^^ How have you repack the cdi, I am really impressed ? ^^

Last request, which 1st_read.bin have you used ? did you changed something in it ?
I try to "unbinhack" it but no success.

Thanks again for all you have done with PSO :-)

fadafou

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:21 pm

The English intro plays no matter which language you select, so that the game doesn't crash or anything if you try to create a new character when your language isn't set to English. Wink The game thinks there are five intro movies, but really there is only one.

The 1ST_READ.BIN in PSOv2 isn't the game binary; it's just a boot loader. PSOv2 has many more protections than most DC games and has a more complicated boot process.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fadafou Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 am

Ah ok I understand better.

i will try to build a version with french intro and the sparckle patch.

Thanks again for all your work :-)

fadafou

Back to top Go down

Post  fadafou Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Here the version with pal release (I have no succeed to keep your web adds, I'm sorry).
I add the sparckle patch to the last released in .cdi format and I build a gdi with french intro :-)

If you agree, I will released it in theisozone but I have to do more tests:
https://firedrop.com/02de0522a41b7d6af89ecd3f05c5558d

fadafou

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:24 am

I do not approve any uploads of modified images, as I have nothing to do with the changes and can't vouch for whether the modified images work properly.

There is no point in doing anything with the old PAL releases, since they have the problem of crashing when you load character data outside of Pioneer 2. Just try to play the Battle Training quest a few times to see what I mean. You should eventually crash in Forest 1, either when you teleport into Forest 1 or when you talk to Ash at the end of it.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mistamontiel Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 am

wsups fafadou !?

Finally I hit level 82 =} Is ye down to ULT with me for a few !?

Cheers much ..!!
mistamontiel
mistamontiel

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-03-28

https://www.youtube.com/mistamontiel00

Back to top Go down

Post  fadafou Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:32 am

I understand, I just want to help.

I have no time to play at the version but there is probably some bugs as you said.

I let your release like it this, I share anything. And I'll remove mine.

Hi mistamontiel, as you can see, I follow to publish some isos with more or less success ^^
And you what's up, some new ?

Well done for you level :-) I go in holliday soon, I can't play for now.

fadafou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down