Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSO pc problem

2 posters

Go down

PSO pc problem Empty PSO pc problem

Post  chidotepes Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 pm

well here we go again sorry for post confusion

i have the same problem like Aurelli, in a brief i followed all the readme when i'm installing pso and when i abaout to play the game a black screen appear and a few seconds later it closes with a error message,my pc is running win7 and i'll try all the option you give to, exclued the system folder from the antivirus, turn off antivirus, disable de UAC, lower resolution and i've tried all the pso.exe on psopalace and now i don't know what to do if you want the screenshots i can upload it again

chidotepes

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Back to top Go down

PSO pc problem Empty Re: PSO pc problem

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Can you upload a bigger screenshot of the Event Viewer? The text in the previous image was too small to read. Are all of the pso.exe errors the same event number and reason?
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chidotepes Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:26 pm

here is the screenshot

PSO pc problem YpfkZt

chidotepes

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Ugh, according to Microsoft, Event ID 1000 just indicates a generic program crash, so that's no help.

Try creating a shortcut to pso.exe, but before you run the shortcut, right click on it and select properties. In the program path field of the shortcut, place -online after the closing quotes, so the path should look like:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PhantasyStarOnline\pso.exe" -online

Save the shortcut, then run it. Does PSO still crash?

The only other thing I can think of to try is to replace pso.exe with the one that PSO itself installs (the one that tries to connect to Sega's server and thus would require you to play in offline mode by default). Does the default pso.exe crash, too? (Don't try to apply any patches such as window mode to that pso.exe. The patches won't work and will corrupt the pso.exe file.)
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chidotepes Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 am

still crashes, i made the shortcut thing and give the same result and i reinstall and only replace the autorun.exe and still crashes.... i think i gonna give up and continue playing with my laggy emulator

chidotepes

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:13 pm

The only good news is that you're on Windows 7 while Aurelli is on Windows 8, so it shouldn't be a problem with Windows itself, since other people are known to be able to use both 7 and 8 with PSO. The only course of action I can think to take is for both you and Aurelli to post your lists of startup items from msconfig.exe as well as your list of processes from the task manager. If you both have the same program running that the rest of us don't have, then that may be the program that's crashing PSO.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chidotepes Mon May 04, 2015 2:13 pm

good news, i make it works but on winxp, i install it on a virtual machine on my win7 and works perfectly, maybe the game dosen't work on my win7 because some program make it stop like you saying but now i can play on xp wich is nice, very much thanks you buddy for helping me Very Happy

chidotepes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down