Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to PSO

5 posters

Go down

Back to PSO Empty Back to PSO

Post  doitonlan Sat May 07, 2011 3:01 am

I started playing PSO v2 on my PC and introduced my gf to it a couple of weeks ago, and I wondered whether this server or schthack had more frequent people playing on it. I hate to ask such a question, but after leveling to 55 I have only seen one player on the schthack server and he tried to get me to use his cheater needle and other hacked and duped items (non-legit items make me quit and not want to play the game very quickly Crying or Very sad ). I just was hoping there were people to play with...otherwise I might have to go buy a psp just to play psp2 so i can get my pso fix on.

doitonlan

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Back to PSO Empty Re: Back to PSO

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 am

Both communities are pretty small, but I think it's easier to find people on Sylverant because mostly only v2/GC players are those who show up in the list of people on the ships (v1 does, but it's just very rare).
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Sylverant has more players it seems, and it also seems to have a higher quality of legit players as well. Furthermore, if you want to play in an open team, you can enable legit mode by typing /legit once you create a team, and then anyone who tries to join will be subjected to a legit check. If they're using hacked items, they won't be allowed to join, so you can play in peace. Wink

Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Sat May 07, 2011 7:37 pm

You are very welcome on sylverant... You will not be disappointed! Everyone my wife and I have met and played with are very civil, and fun to play with.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  doitonlan Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Ok sounds great, but where are you guys (lol jk). What ship/block should I be playing on?

doitonlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Iselia is BlueCrab's ship (the "demo" Sylverant ship, if you will), Vega is the Dreamcast-Talk ship, and Altimira is the PSO Palace ship. Of course the people here would probably tell you to play on Altimira, but that's up to you. Razz

Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  doitonlan Sat May 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Well I have gotten quite the introduction on these forums Very Happy I could only imagine playing on altimira. Do you guys usually play based on whether you see people in game or organize games through the forum? I would love to start playing in larger groups with other people.

Thank you guys for answering my questions and being very friendly so far!

doitonlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 am

It depends, really. One of the most useful features is that you can view your in-game friend list from the main Sylverant web site. If you create an account and add your serial number and access key (assuming they are unique), you can then see all the friends you have added to your list while online, and you can also see if your friends are online, what character they are using, and where they are. Of course, if you see 0 players online, you don't need to look at your list, but if you decide to go online by yourself, the list feature makes the odds fairly good that somebody will notice you online and join. bounce

Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  doitonlan Sun May 08, 2011 12:22 am

EEK. I am not using a unique serial =( I never expected to get back into pso and used the default serial that came with the download. Is there any way to change to a unique serial?

doitonlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun May 08, 2011 1:19 am

Are you using PSO PC? If so, a unique serial is required to play on Sylverant, because registration is mandatory. If you register a shared serial, multiple people will have the same Guild Card, and if one of them gets banned, you get banned, too. Furthermore, none of you would be able to play at the same time. You have two options:

The surefire method is to reinstall the game from the ISO images and use a unique serial. You would of course lose your characters, but you could have a friend hold all your items and then transfer them to your new characters. If you're below level 100 and haven't beaten Challenge mode or gotten 1,000 Battle wins or something, this may be the easiest thing to do, especially if you're using a hacked-up installer that didn't come from the original installation CD images. Leveling to 100 doesn't take that long, after all. I'm even planning to remake one of my characters this summer, I hope.

The other way is to use the PSO serial changer to convert your old characters into using a new serial. When you make a Sylverant account, go to the section to manage keys, and generate a new key for PSO PC. Next, download the serial changer. IIRC, some antivirus programs may consider this a virus. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully. If you do things wrong, you'll end up destroying your characters and then you'll be forced to pick option 1. Razz The general idea is that you have to load PSO offline in window mode with the trainer running, and tell it your old serials. You select a character and start the game, and then you plug in the new unique serial you generated on the website into the trainer, and then you quit the game. The trainer will cause PSO to save the new serials into your save file, and now PSO will tell you that character is corrupted and cannot be loaded. Repeat this process for all your characters until all of them say they are corrupted. You can now delete the serial number, access key, and e-mail address registry entries, run the autorun again, and re-register with your new serial number and access key (and the same e-mail address you used last time). Once you do, all of your old characters will no longer show as corrupted, and you'll have your old characters with new serials.

Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun May 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
Spoiler:
To add on to this: Don't forget to back up first (so that way you could try again in case of error).
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  doitonlan Sun May 08, 2011 3:13 pm

When you say backup I imagine that you mean to copy the whole directory correct? I will give this a shot and see if it works. I don't know if I will have enough free time as I have procrastinated studying for my last final on Tuesday more than I would like to admit to. More than likely it will be on Wednesday, but if I work some miracle and study like a maniac loaded up on energy drinks, which I have already loaded up on, in order to finish studying early, I will let you know.

I look forward to playing with you guys. Look for either Brettacus, my character's name, or Riza, my girlfriend's name, and we would love to play with you. I might actually try and sign my girlfriend up first, since she does not have finals Laughing and is about 30 levels behind me as well as she is brand new to the game. Thanks again for your help!

doitonlan

Back to top Go down

Post  DoctorN Sun May 08, 2011 5:43 pm

im the only one who plays v1. however i do not have dial-up nor a bba. probably never will.

DoctorN

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun May 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Last edited by Moopthehedgehog on Sat May 14, 2022 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  doitonlan Wed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

The past couple of weeks have been hectic for me, with finals, moving, and work, I have not had any time to play PSO! I have been really looking forward to play, but I don't know if I will play since I now have a group of friends that are going to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 with me. Thanks to everyone that welcomed me to the community; perhaps I may come running back to PSO if PSP2 sucks Razz

doitonlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum