Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changing the controls?

4 posters

Go down

changing the controls? Empty changing the controls?

Post  vanheart Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Ok so i have been playing PSO offline and all i want to do and i will be the happiest man alive. all i want is to make WSAD movement.. i cant seem to find anywhere to change that. I see in the options in game i can change the mouse controls and key mapping but i cant really do anything but edit what the number pad does... and because i have a cracked copy i cannot open options.exe in the folder so what can i do anyone? I just want wsad movement plz anyone help me

vanheart

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

changing the controls? Empty Re: changing the controls?

Post  Moopthehedgehog Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:25 pm

you can't open options.exe, you need to use autorun.exe to get to options.

you can't change the keyboard movement, only controller/gamepad buttons from the 'options' in the in-game esc menu.
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm

vanheart wrote:Ok so i have been playing PSO offline and all i want to do and i will be the happiest man alive. all i want is to make WSAD movement.. i cant seem to find anywhere to change that. I see in the options in game i can change the mouse controls and key mapping but i cant really do anything but edit what the number pad does... and because i have a cracked copy i cannot open options.exe in the folder so what can i do anyone? I just want wsad movement plz anyone help me

I say if you have a controller go for it, it saves a lot of frustration lol, but I believe Moop is correct, going to your menu in game its under options and I believe controls or something of the like, there is a gamepad setting and a keyboard setting, not sure if the directional keys are hard coded but I figure its worth a shot to try.

I'll edit if I log on tonight and actually get the correct names of the menus xD
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

MuCast wrote:going to your menu in game its under options and I believe controls or something of the like, there is a gamepad setting and a keyboard setting
No, there isn't. All keyboard controls are unchangeable.

Last edited by Aleron Ives on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

changing the controls? Empty i looked

Post  vanheart Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 pm

In game if you go to options there is controls but under key mapping u can only change what the numbers do... its kinda crappy if u play on laptop cuz the numbers arent like how they are on a keyboard ...

vanheart

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:40 pm

vanheart wrote:In game if you go to options there is controls but under key mapping u can only change what the numbers do... its kinda crappy if u play on laptop cuz the numbers arent like how they are on a keyboard ...

well push comes to shove, you could always just get one of those USB number pad plug ins and attach it on the left side, a bit cumbersome but it would probably work just fine. I'll be honest though, a gamepad is the most effective way to play, they run pretty cheap too, and I don't mean to be pushing you towards how you wanna play but it just works a lot easier (thinks of the one week I played using the KB Mad )
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 pm

vanheart wrote:In game if you go to options there is controls but under key mapping u can only change what the numbers do... its kinda crappy if u play on laptop cuz the numbers arent like how they are on a keyboard ...
The numbers refer to the button numbers of your controller, not keys.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down