Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pso bootable iso

2 posters

Go down

pso bootable iso Empty pso bootable iso

Post  SHADOWROD Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 am

Hello there,

I have been trying to change some pso music, and i know how to do it. However, making a bootable iso for it have been a pain for me. Some pso disc images has two sessions and i just can see the session that contains iso in deamon tool. Then i extract all to a folder named "data". Next step, I binhack some important boot bins
( 1st_read.bin, Maigo.bin, 2_DP.bin and Sg_DLPDR.bin) and add ip.bin too, and after that, i use mkiosfs but the resulting image is always bigger than the original one. Last, I add some adx in place of the original ones and create a cdi using CDI4DC. Unfortunately my DC can´t read the disc image burned.
Can someone tell me what is wrong in all these task? Is there a link to a PSO disc image, .iso or ngr instead
of cdi to download? Do I need to extract also the session 1? If so, how do I do it? The echelon guide is too confusing to me...
SHADOWROD
SHADOWROD

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

pso bootable iso Empty Re: pso bootable iso

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Making a bootable Dreamcast image is a difficult task, and it's particularly difficult to do with PSO. Even if you do it all properly, you have to alter the game's main executable in order to bypass Sega's extra layer of protection against copying the game. (If you don't, you will see the license screen, and then you'll get sent back to the BIOS.) Dreamcast games have to have two sessions. The old method is to make the first session audio, but those discs will only boot on launch Dreamcasts. Making the first session mode 1 data will allow the disc to run on any system.

Also, I guess this goes in the dev section.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SHADOWROD Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks Ives,

Anyway after several tries I gave up and made the music changes on PSO BB.Now i´m playing bb version.
SHADOWROD
SHADOWROD

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum