Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Introduction

5 posters

Go down

My Introduction Empty My Introduction

Post  Calverz Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Guys! Recently downloaded PSOPC through torrent so thank you Ives! I also seeded it for a couple of days too;)

However as always with new users I have a few questions and would be delighted if somebody could answer them!

OK so i downloaded the game and my characters name is Calverz. I currently play with my flatmate and have a couple of others who may join at a later date. My OS is Vista Home Premium

1) When I go online, what server do you guys play? Currently me and my mate are legitimate players and play on the PC/DC server which often has like 4 people in it lol.

2) Why is there a big 21 on pioneer 2 accompanied by the famous 2001 a Space Odyssey music played over it?

3) Now this is important, I cannot chat. I understand it is because I use Vista. Now in the other forum I did everything somebody posted and it does not work. It is to my understanding that it only works with Vista Ultimate. I would like to point out that the majority of ppl buying laptops these days will use vista premium. Is there a fix coming out or can someone work it out? Because right now I have to rely on my mate to chat for me since he is playing on XP.

4) The home page of this site states the server is offline. Which server is this and when will it be back online?

Thank you to anybody who can answer any of these questions. It would be greatly appreciated and thank you for making the best game ever available to download and play. Laughing

Calverz

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

My Introduction Empty Re: My Introduction

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 pm

1) DC/PC Only is the best place to go. Since not many people like Ver.2 anymore, finding other players is difficult so we all need to gather.

2) We're in 21st Century Mode which was designed to celebrate the year 2001 but is used as the new year's mode here.

3) Read the guide on the SCHTServ forum for typing in Vista with Japanese input. If this doesn't work for you, there's nothing you can do except install XP.

4) Ignore the server status. It doesn't work right. Very Happy
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calverz Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks for the reply!

I already tried that changing the IME to Japanese and it still dont work. Im screwed then. Surely there must be a way no?

Yea we're gonna play PC/DC only from now on. Just to ask, does PSOPC have episode 2 levels like in the gamecube veresion? I know its version 2 but does episode 2 have to be unlocked or something?

Also why do ppl run around as tails and stuff? Because I cant type, my mate cant set up password protected parties so cheaters join dropping ridiculous amounts of meseta. We took an oath to not pick it up. I could be rich but I currently only have like 2000meseta lol

Calverz

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm

PSO PC is an almost direct port of PSO Ver.2 for Dreamcast. Episode II hadn't been created yet. People run around with skins because they are uncreative and apparently can't find a normal costume combination that they like. Rolling Eyes

As for your typing problem, install XP. Razz Vista sucks anyway Cool (or dual boot if there's something in Vista you find useful.)
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

My Introduction Empty Hello

Post  MuCast Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello there, Calverz! welcome to the server!

ok, the tails thing is a skin, skins can be applied by gms and the gms can make sonic, tails, rico, ninja and i think knuckles? might be wrong on the last one tho

in terms of the players you were referring to, one way to remedy this is to have your friend make the party type this in

/legit

this makes your game green in name and shows the rest of the lobby that your playing without hacked items and typically it keeps them away, tho some may join occasionally

since you cant type and want a password, when you re playin with a friend, have them make the game and set no password upon making it, then IN GAME, have your friend type this in

/setpass XXXXXXXXXXX

this sets a password to your liking (substitute the Xs for whatever pass u want) just make sure not to leave the game lol Very Happy or if u do, then have your friend take off the pass by typing /setpass and nothing after, then remake the pass if u want to by the method stated above

Hope to see ya around online, the character i usually play with is a Humar named Colin
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:PSO PC is an almost direct port of PSO Ver.2 for Dreamcast. Episode II hadn't been created yet. People run around with skins because they are uncreative and apparently can't find a normal costume combination that they like. :roll:

Hard to be unique with limited resources like a few costumes. Not to mention some of those character designs aren't very appealing to everyone. One arm bigger than the other... a fatass with a crazy arabian hat? Yeah... I'd pick a skin over those anyday.
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

My Introduction Empty Hey there!

Post  Flash T.H. Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:51 pm

It's nice to see people downloading PSO PC and actually playing it. I hope we can be online together as soon as I get a wireless router (when I go to college, if my sister gives me the computer) Just 9 more years to go!
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down