Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famitsu?

3 posters

Go down

Famitsu? Empty Famitsu?

Post  Melkane Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 pm

I was going to ask about a particular online quest. On the Dreamcast version 2 Sega back in the day they released an online quest called Famitsu that if you went through it collecting these items you can buy items like Samba Maracas, Toy Hammer, Chameleon Scythe. It was by far my favorite quest and I ran it over and over and over again. Though it never appeared on the GCN version or Blue Burst versions of the game.

Title: FAMITSU -MAXIMUM ATTACK-
Client: A gentleman
Type: Defeat
Quest: The only Famitsu quest open to non-Japanese players, the object is simply to clear out as many enemies as you can within the 20 minute time limit. There are three areas to mop: Forest 2, Caves 3, and Mines 2. The total number of monsters in the quest is 587, although some can't be accessed when playing alone. Clear out 500 or more and you'll be given access to a secret room which contains treasures and a few Weapons Badge Bronzes. Three Weapons Badge Bronzes equal one Weapons Badge Silver; every three Weapons Badge Silvers equal one Weapons Badge Gold. Talk to the fat WEAPONS member near the Check Room and you can trade three Weapons Badge Gold items for one of three rare weapons: Toy Hammer, Samba Maracas, or Chameleon Scythe.

Being that PSO PC is a port of the Dreamcast Version 2 is this quest available to play some how?

On the subject of online quests. I wanted to setup a private server on my own PC just for myself to be able to do some of the online quests.

However I don't currently have an internet connection at home so I don't have an IP address (at home). Being that my server and the game would be on the same PC is it possible to trick the game in anyway so I can play on the private server?

Melkane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Famitsu? Empty Re: Famitsu?

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 am

FAMITSU-MAXIMUM ATTACK- does exist on GC as Maximum Attack 1. It also exists on BB as AOL Cup-MAXIMUM ATTACK-, though this version of the quest is particularly bastardized. Neither of those versions give the original prizes, though.

To answer your question, I converted FMA for PC some time ago. I don't know if it's up on all the ships, but I know it's on Cephei.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melkane Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 am

Aleron Ives wrote:FAMITSU-MAXIMUM ATTACK- does exist on GC as Maximum Attack 1. It also exists on BB as AOL Cup-MAXIMUM ATTACK-, though this version of the quest is particularly bastardized. Neither of those versions give the original prizes, though.

To answer your question, I converted FMA for PC some time ago. I don't know if it's up on all the ships, but I know it's on Cephei.

Hmm they must of put them later after I quit playing GCN and BB versions. Well I'm glad to know whenever i can get back online at home I can log on to your servers and play it.

Is it available for use in a private server we setup for ourselves?

Melkane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Flash T.H. Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:33 am

Since most of the quests from schtserv are in my private server when I do a test, I would probably think so.

Probably. (I haven't looked at all of the quests yet) (My private server isn't finished, I haven't quite figured it all out yet.)
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Melkane wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:FAMITSU-MAXIMUM ATTACK- does exist on GC as Maximum Attack 1. It also exists on BB as AOL Cup-MAXIMUM ATTACK-, though this version of the quest is particularly bastardized. Neither of those versions give the original prizes, though.

Hmm they must of put them later after I quit playing GCN and BB versions. Well I'm glad to know whenever i can get back online at home I can log on to your servers and play it.

No, only the official quests are in pPSOsv2. Sega never ported FMA to PC.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down