Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent  Empty Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent

Post  FantasticDan Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:09 pm

I tried back in April and again just now and there hasn't been anyone seeding the game. Is there an upload on mega or another similar sharing site, or can someone seed please? I'm trying to connect from a seedbox, so there shouldn't be any connectivity issues.

Thanks!

FantasticDan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2021-09-21

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent  Empty Re: Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Do you have DHT enabled? I think all the trackers died some years ago, so everybody has been seeding via DHT ever since.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent  Empty Re: Does anyone have a copy of PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 somewhere? No seeds/peers in torrent

Post  FantasticDan Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:35 pm

I have peer exchange enabled, which I think is DHT, but haven't had any hits yet. The torrent does look like the trackers are dead, at least it has the red error icon, but other than that I'm not sure what else I could be doing. I haven't found it on any private trackers either.

FantasticDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:14 pm

PEX an DHT are not the same. PEX lets you give the IP address of somebody you're connected to directly to another peer you're connected to so they can connect to each other without waiting for the tracker to update. DHT is a distributed alternative to using a tracker, which is more robust since it can never go down. Most clients use the mainline DHT, but Azureus/Vuze/BiglyBT has its own separate DHT implementation that is not compatible with mainline.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FantasticDan Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:15 pm

I looked into this a bit and the version or ruTorrent that's on the seedbox doesn't look like it has DHT or its been disabled. The reason most likely is that private trackers typically ban for having DHT enabled, also for using peer exchange, so I'll need to turn that off as well.

Is there any way you can seed somewhere, or upload a copy to mega.nz? I could reseed on some private trackers also if you like.

FantasticDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:04 pm

Yeah the DHT ban is stupid, but it's common.  The correct approach is to ban clients that don't respect the private torrent flag, not to ban DHT. All good clients prevent private torrents from accessing DHT, so leaving it on isn't a problem.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down