Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running PSO on Linux?

3 posters

Go down

Running PSO on Linux? Empty Running PSO on Linux?

Post  Treamcaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Is this possible? I tried to run the installer on wine but got an error.

On a side note, it would be nice to see a "PSO Palace installer.exe" setup file with integrated patches/ fixes, instead of downloading and mounting the old discs.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Running PSO on Linux? Empty Re: Running PSO on Linux?

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:37 pm

Mount disc 1, copy everything to a folder, then mount disc 2 and copy the cab file to the same folder, then run the setup and don't install the movie. You may need winetricks to install DirectMusic and DirectSound if you want the music to work. PSO looks like garbage in wine, but it does run.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 am

Aleron Ives wrote:You may need winetricks to install DirectMusic and DirectSound if you want the music to work.

I've typed the following in the terminal:
winetricks directmusic

Also on wine config I didn't find any "DirectSound" file in the DLL libraries, but instead a "dsound" file, which I think it might be the same?

Anyways I've added both files and PSO doesn't output any background music still. Sound has always worked, even without any of these tricks. I wonder what I am missing...

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen 6 Gamer Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Treamcaster wrote:

I've typed the following in the terminal:
winetricks directmusic

Also on wine config I didn't find any "DirectSound" file in the DLL libraries, but instead a "dsound" file, which I think it might be the same?

Anyways I've added both files and PSO doesn't output any background music still. Sound has always worked, even without any of these tricks. I wonder what I am missing...

dsound is correct.

Also, you want to only select to install only the high end music. Installing both causes them to interfere with each other for some reason. Remember to select the high end music in the options when you first launch the game as well.

Gen 6 Gamer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum