Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help with Language Support

5 posters

Go down

Need Help with Language Support Empty Need Help with Language Support

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm

I just barely got this (a little late, I know) because I really miss this game, and after reading through the readme and getting the game set up, I can run it just fine from the online_offline.exe, except that I can't open up autorun.exe, option.exe, or any other exe without it telling me "Not Support Language" or doing what appears to me as nothing at all. I have East Asian Languages installed on my computer. Do I need to set my locale to Japan to get this to run or something? I can't figure it out.

Edit: By the way, it's good to see a surviving community of gamers with good taste. Very Happy
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Need Help with Language Support Empty Re: Need Help with Language Support

Post  hayame Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 pm

As Ives would say, RTM lol, but really dont click on autorun.exe, you must click on setup.exe to install it. (exact same information off the readme, presuming that you are trying to install pso.)

hope to see you on soon!
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:42 pm

I don't mean the autorun.exe in the disc, I meant in the folder after the install. I wasn't using it primarily, though. I originally used the online_offline.exe to start the game, and that works. I wanted to register the serial and access keys I generated so I could actually play online, but I can't get to the options or anything because the exe's aren't working for me. Sad
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Aeromessor wrote:I don't mean the autorun.exe in the disc, I meant in the folder after the install. I wasn't using it primarily, though. I originally used the online_offline.exe to start the game, and that works. I wanted to register the serial and access keys I generated so I could actually play online, but I can't get to the options or anything because the exe's aren't working for me. Sad

you should be able to run the options from opening up the autorun.exe and choosing option from there on, also to register you run the autorun.exe and click on online game, then click on user registration.

Also, make sure that you copied over the .exe's from Ives torrent over to the ../sega/phantasystaronline folder
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 pm

I did copy the exe's, and I even tried the backups of the originals. When I use autorun.exe, it says "Not Language Support" without fail. That's why I can't get to the connection options or the registration. I simply cannot run the autorun.exe or any other exe besides the online_offline.exe from the Ives torrent.
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 pm

That's rather odd, this goes past my line of "help" Neutral , but have you tried re-installing pso and see if that helps you out? and if everything else fails your best bet is to wait for Ives/bluecrab to see this post..

just to make sure, did you copy the RIGHT autorun.exe? not the one from the .iso but rather from the zip file
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I suppose I may have to reinstall it. I didn't have this problem on my other computer, so I'll try registering there the next time I go back. For now, I guess I'm stuck playing all by my lonesome. xD
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Woo! It's working back at home, so that's in order. Razz Now I just need to get back into the groove of the game. xD
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

You should only get the language error with the original autorun.exe. If you use the new one, it shouldn't do that, at least on XP. Vista/7 is sort of an unknown in most things PSO, since the game doesn't like those OSes.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:You should only get the language error with the original autorun.exe. If you use the new one, it shouldn't do that, at least on XP. Vista/7 is sort of an unknown in most things PSO, since the game doesn't like those OSes.
I've never had the patched autorun.exe give me any problems on Vista or Windows 7. Granted, I don't use either very often, but I have used PSO on both of them in the past.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeromessor Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah. Next time I'm on the other computer, I'll just try removing PSOPC and running a clean install. Both machines run Windows XP, so other than the language compatibility, I haven't had many problems. The game runs very smoothly on both machines, and I connected online with this computer no problem.
Aeromessor
Aeromessor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeFIler Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Might as well post here :)I'm having the same issue as well. I copied the autorun from install CD 2 as well as the patched PSO exe and Online exe. I re-installed the game and still nothing. Is there a specific folder that I am supposed to place the data2 file? Oh yeah my brother is running Windows 8 64 bit.

Thanks
TheDeFIler
TheDeFIler

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 pm

What "data2" file? The autorun2.exe is included with the torrent. If you try to use the original autorun.exe, you'd have to set your OS language to Japanese to not get the language error. All of the binaries go in the main PhantasyStarOnline directory.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeFIler Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:What "data2" file? The autorun2.exe is included with the torrent. If you try to use the original autorun.exe, you'd have to set your OS language to Japanese to not get the language error. All of the binaries go in the main PhantasyStarOnline directory.
Holy shit! Honestly, how the hell did I miss that. Sorry Ives I completely looked over that. My bad and thank you for the patience. I'm up and running.
TheDeFIler
TheDeFIler

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:30 am

That's good, at least it doesn't mean PSO is incompatible with Windows 8, for those poor souls who are stuck with it. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down