Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about HUmar Techs

3 posters

Go down

Question about HUmar Techs Empty Question about HUmar Techs

Post  Argos Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 am

Hi Smile

I've recently started replaying PSO PC again, though I think I've encountered something strange. Here's the deal: last week I was playing late, like 3 AM, and was fairly sleepy to boot, but my HUmar found a couple of Tech Discs. I thought HUmars could not use Shifta or Reverser, but - if I'm not mistaken - the Discs were simply greyed out, which should mean I could learn them, just once I reach higher levels. But from memory, they couldn't learn those (along with Grants and Megid and Deband).

I can't open the game and check it now since I'm moving in a couple of days, and everything's packed right now (typing this from an older PC), though I was wondering if I was just sleepy or does the PC version really let HU's learn those. For reference, all I have installed are the original (Ives' version) and I *think* the Offline Map pack.

Argos

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Question about HUmar Techs Empty Re: Question about HUmar Techs

Post  mahkbooks Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 am

I think you were mistaken before. Ever since playing V2. on Dreamcast (which is the port to PC I think), non-android hunters can use all techniques up to a certain level: for Hunewearls, it is up to level 15. You simply need enough mind attribute (MST) to learn them.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Sega revamped the Technique system in GC. It restricts Reverser, Grants, and Megid to Forces, Megid only pierces if you're a FOnewearl, and HUmar is forbidden to learn Shifta and Deband, while RAmar is forbidden to learn Jellen and Zalure.

On Ver.2, all classes can use all Techniques; Hunters and Rangers are limited to level 15, Forces are limited to level 30, and Megid pierces on everyone. You're also allowed to use an unlimited number of materials (except for HP and TP, which are both capped at 125 each). Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Argos Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

It's amazing and embarassing the things I forget about games I like. I've had an on/off relationship with PSO ever since its first release, and am now back to both the PC and GC version, but I had totally forgotten some things. Shame on me. Kudos once again Smile

Infinite materials. Oh man, now I remember. That's why I'm always fumbling with my Mags and stats, since I'm never sure how to develop a character Embarassed

Argos

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 pm

You can raise your Mag however you want, since unlike later PSO versions, it is possible to truly max your character without anything equipped on Ver.2. Once you reach level 150 or so, your Mag is just for invincibility, PB combos, and looks, so you might as well raise one that you like. Razz
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Argos Sun May 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Hmm. I suppose I should look into Mags to cover a character's star needs until I start getting Mats. And if I get lucky with drops, I can always change them later with a Mag Cell. Cool Smile

Only a week and a half/two weeks before I can get back to it though :/

Argos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down