Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V1 Character wont transfer to v2

3 posters

Go down

V1 Character wont transfer to v2 Empty V1 Character wont transfer to v2

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:13 am

Hi guys! long time no see! I've caught up on some info about Schterv...Im sorry to hear that, but Aleron, I'm glad you're stickin' to your guns and serving the V2 community with much diligence!

Anywho, I've been playing PSO on my Dreamcast, and since on V2 I really can't get passed the Gran Squall quest without it freezing, I just said fuck it and popped in V1 and got through it without a hitch. Now, with Gran Squall out of the way, I want to go back to V2, however V1 wont load or upgrade(?). Just keeps saying "reload"...Am I stuck on V1? Or is there some method to this? Because i would really love to enjoy all the tasty add ons of V2.

By the way, hopefully once I get my own computer I'll be back on PSO PC, and the DC port. Try out the new server.

By the by, I missed you guys. Been thinking about ya the entire time I've been playing on DC.
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Back to top Go down

V1 Character wont transfer to v2 Empty Re: V1 Character wont transfer to v2

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:54 am

Hey baron!

If you're trying to upgrade from USv1, you can only go to USv2 (I think--EUv2 may work, too.)
Same with EUv1, but the JP versions cannot be swip-swapped to upgrade the versions.

Might also be a SN/AK issue (and don't we just loooove those Rolling Eyes)...
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Well. That's what I'm doing. Well, I assume anyways. Everything that I know of is US NTSC. Although would it be affected because the copy's are burned? That's really I can do is burned games until I come back from boot camp (if I can get into the Army).

Also, what's an "SN/AK issue"?

Edit: Oh...Serial Number/ Access key...der...Still need help D= I need my PSO fix...Shits like crack for white people.
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Might be invalid Serial Numbers/ Access Keys, or something to that extent, but this as much as I can help you.

Ives would probably help you better than I can.
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:25 pm

If Gran Squall was causing FSOD, that means you were using a CD-R copy of EUv2? If that's the case, your character was already converted to Ver.2, and you wouldn't have been able to play the quest on Ver.1 to begin with. Once a character is converted to Ver.2, you can't go back to Ver.1, so I don't understand the scenario I guess.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah I'm using CD-R's

However, no, I deleted my V2 character to start again on V1 so I can do the gran squall quest without FSOD then upgrade to V2. However. When I get to the load screen on V2 it just says "Reload". I don't know if it'll be a serial problem because I'm not even playing online anyways since I don't have a BBA on my DC, nor the money to pay for a dial up service since I have the 56k port on mine.

Anyways, issue at hand:

V1 character not upgrading to V2. Just says "reload".

Moop said i could be using two different versions (NTSC & PAL). However, how do I tell which ones I have? How do I know if I have EU or US? @.@
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Do you have an American Dreamcast? If you can load your GD-ROM copy of Ver.1 without a boot disc, then it's USv1. Razz
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Yes, it's an American Dreamcast. Unfortunately I don't have a GD-Rom copy. If I did I probably wouldn't be having this problem to begin with since I wouldn't have to deal with the Gran Squall FSOD on V2, since, well, I'd own it already. (but I don't)

There's no way to tell with CD-R burns? Or do you have a link that can point me in the direction of 2 ISO's of the same format? Or maybe even a copy of V2 that doesn't FSOD on Gran Squall?

I mean, even though V1 isn't that much different than V2, I still don't want to miss out on the extra quests and drops.

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I've never seen a CD-R copy of Ver.1. I didn't know anybody even made one. (I was thinking about making one, since I thought there weren't any.) I'm surprised you don't FSOD in a CD-R copy of Ver.1, as well. When it comes to Ver.2, whether you FSOD or BSOD in offline quests with NPCs doesn't depend on the disc image that you're using. What matters is your burning software, optical drive, and media. Some combinations result in working discs, others do not.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Well I use disc juggler and all my games work fine. I've only FSOD on Training grounds once, aside from that, never had any problems with that quest. Just usually on Gran Squall. I've followed all the setting directions and the rest of the game works fine. Just not that specific quest.

On V1 I've never encountered any problems. Game runs completely smooth. Then again I read in one of your various post around the PSO community (Jesus if I had a dollar for every "Aleron Ives" post I've seen I'd be rich!) saying usually it's an Echelon (hate his stupid intros >.<) copy that usually has the problem, and I'm guessing that's what I have..

I think you should make a V1 disc, however add all the elements of V2 if at all possible. Maybe find a way to fix the FSOD problem.

I was thinking about getting one of your PAL copies of V2 and see if that will be a good fix, but even you said some still encounter FSOD problems =(.

So, no way of upgrading my v1 to v2 then? This sucks -.-'

Wish I could
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

You can't add any Ver.2 content to Ver.1 without making it Ver.2, meaning using the Ver.2 executable, which means you're not playing Ver.1 anymore. Echelon's version may or may not FSOD offline, depending on whether your Dreamcast likes the discs made in your burner. For whatever reason, it seems to like mine. I don't FSOD in the offline quests, at least last time I checked.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Well crap. Ah well, thanks anyways Ives. Maybe I can con someone into buying the GD-ROM so I don't have to deal with the issue.
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Buy a copy of USv2 from eBay for 3$. Aside from configuring the BBA, that's the only thing it's good for, anyway.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Lol, yeah except they're 10 bucks now. Still cheap though.
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down