Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 or v1

3 posters

Go down

v2 or v1 Empty v2 or v1

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Does it really matter which you use to get online? (I know v2 has a boatload more quests, but otherwise, does it make too much of a difference?)
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

v2 or v1 Empty Re: v2 or v1

Post  MuCast Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 pm

well, lets see
V1 generally has more glitches, such as the infamous walk through walls glitch, but unfortunately you cannot play with v2ers on several quests and ultimate as well as challenge and battle mode, seeing as all of these things are v2 only, v2 also has several more items (even though most are unfindable without ives' patch pale )
one other feature is that in vhard and hard mode ruins you dont find SPECIAL WEAPON like 4000 times, as most are simply varistas, db sabers and the like, in v2 such weapons are visible and do not require tekking. However apart from them, any rare weapon found still requires a tekk. In terms of online play, aside from ultimate and some quests and other things, it isnt too much different, but in all reality, you may as well play v2, as you are only more restricted playing v1 in an already very small community
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 am

The main problem is that Ver.1 is limited to level 100 and Very Hard mode, while Ver.2 has Ultimate mode and a maximum of level 200. Ver.2 players don't want to play with Ver.1 players because it's very easy to reach level 80 and enter Ult, and once you get to that point, playing Very Hard is a snoozefest. The only things you would want to do with players outside of Ultimate are Battle and Challenge since they reset your levels, but Ver.1 doesn't have those modes, either. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Let me be the devil's advocate here:
What about just getting online?
Isn't USv1 the only US for Dreamcast to go online, while EUv2 and PC are the only v2 that can go online?
QuestionQuestion

I'm just asking this as question for region-specific play.
I also don't know if it is worth having a v1 and a v2 char, or if I should convert my v1 to v2 and let my v1 waste away pale
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Moopthehedgehog wrote:Let me be the devil's advocate here:
What about just getting online?
Isn't USv1 the only US for Dreamcast to go online, while EUv2 and PC are the only v2 that can go online?
QuestionQuestion I'm just asking this as question for region-specific play.
What's the point of going online with a copy of PSO that can't really do anything? Even if it wasn't a matter of other people not wanting to play with you (which would assume that there's people online, which there often aren't), soloing on Ver.1 is also boring since Very Hard isn't difficult. There's no reason not to use EUv2 since selfboot copies work on any Dreamcast, and the only thing selfboot copies can't do is play Challenge mode. Since Ver.1 doesn't have Challenge mode, you're not missing out on anything by using a CD-R copy of Ver.2.

Moopthehedgehog wrote:I also don't know if it is worth having a v1 and a v2 char, or if I should convert my v1 to v2 and let my v1 waste away pale
You can't do that. EUv2 won't accept your USv1 serial. You would have to use an EUv1 serial and EUv1 to be able to play both.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
You can't do that. EUv2 won't accept your USv1 serial. You would have to use an EUv1 serial and EUv1 to be able to play both.

mmm... yeah about that... I didn't say anything about using a USv1 serial...
----EDIT----: I can't play with both, or I can't convert my USv1?
How I converted a USv1 character to EUv2 without flashing bios and kept USv1, USv2, and EUv2 serials in 8 simple steps:

1. Pop in USv1, play Smile
2. convert char to USv2 Neutral
3. OH no! USv2 cannot go online! what to do? scratch
4. create another USv1-he works online fine Cool
5. use that for a while. now want to move on. Arrow
6. get EUv2, and use that to play because it is the only working online v2 Like a Star @ heaven
7. asks for EUv1 original serials, I give to the game (random EUv1 ones I found online) as Original EU PSO serials silent
8. Hey it works! put in EUv2 serials generously provided with disc, and voila! Lvl 7 RAmar originally from PSO USv1 and without flashing bios, online ! Shocked
-Created By Moopthehedgehog

That is exactly how I did it, and I don't have EUv1
So, all you need to do is really convert the char with USv2, then use it with EUv2, entering legit EUv1 serials when it asks you cheers

Last edited by Moopthehedgehog on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 am

Unfortunately that doesn't work for the people who already have USv1 and USv2 characters.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 am

So, you mean, if I already have a USv2 char, and used it with EUv2, I can't convert my new USv1 char??
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make much sense if that's the case...
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 pm

No, I mean for those of us who have characters that were created on USv1 and converted to USv2, that method won't work. A Dreamcast can only have 3 serials saved to its flash memory. If you try to use 4, your flash will corrupt and any character you use will be destroyed. I lost one of my characters that way.

Since I used USv1 and USv2 on Sega, my characters have both of those serials saved in them and my Dreamcast has both USv1 and USv2 in its flash. When I try to create a new character on Ver.2, it asks for my Ver.1 serial, and I must input my USv1 serial. EUv2 won't accept it (and even if it did, I then must enter my USv2 serial, which EUv2 definitely won't accept). I can create a new character with USv1, but I can't convert it to Ver.2 because when I try to go online the first time, I'll still have to input my Ver.2 serial which EUv2 won't accept. There's no way around the problem unless I delete all my Sega characters and start over. PSO PC FTW.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Let me see if I understand this... (please bear with me if I don't)
Aleron Ives wrote:Since I used USv1 and USv2 on Sega, my characters have both of those serials saved in them and my Dreamcast has both USv1 and USv2 in its flash.
Ok.
Aleron Ives wrote:When I try to create a new character on Ver.2, it asks for my Ver.1 serial, and I must input my USv1 serial.
wait, which ver.2 is this? If it's EUv2, this doesn't make sense. If it is USv2, this makes sense.
Aleron Ives wrote: EUv2 won't accept it (and even if it did, I then must enter my USv2 serial, which EUv2 definitely won't accept).
EUv2 won't accept USv1? That's why I used a EUv1 serial--it doesn't save it, it's just for confirmation.
Aleron Ives wrote:I can create a new character with USv1, but I can't convert it to Ver.2 because when I try to go online the first time, I'll still have to input my Ver.2 serial which EUv2 won't accept.
go online for the first time in EUv2? or USv2?
EUv2 didn't care that I had USv2 saved to my flash. Why does it care about yours? At this step, I had USv1 converted to USv2--that's done, I didn't need USv2 after that. I put in EUv2, accessed my newly converted EUv2 char, went to the Enter Original EU serials-did that, with any random valid EUv1 serial, and it worked. Enter EUv2 serials, did that, and it worked.
Aleron Ives wrote:There's no way around the problem unless I delete all my Sega characters and start over.
So, then is it because your chars have been on the official servers that this problem is a problem?
Aleron Ives wrote:PSO PC FTW.

affraid Razz lol!

P.S. I went online with USv1 before I went online with EUv2, if that matters...And my USv2/EUv2 was originally played on USv1, and it asked me to input my serials before playing that character offline...
P.P.S. will this at least work with people who have characters that have not gone onto Sega servers?
P.P.P.S. the only thing I did not do was go online with that character before I converted from USv1 to USv2--but I now have a USv1 that works online fine.
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 pm

You can't input an EUv2 serial if you have a USv2 serial saved to the flash memory. PSO makes a "BZZ" sound effect and clears the input field since the serials don't match. You can go online with a USv2 character using EUv2 yes, but you can't make any new characters. PSO only requires you to enter your serials the first time a character goes online.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:49 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH...... So, meaning, if you have been online with USv2, you can't do either of these things: USv1-convert-to-USv2-then-play-with-newly-converted-character-on-EUv2, or create-USv2/EUv2-then-play-online-on-EUv2?
Can you at least create a USv1 and use that online by itself?

Will my guide work for people who have not been on Sega servers/online with USv2?
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

If you never played online using USv1 or USv2, then going online is easy. Use a shared EUv2 serial and start making characters. Razz
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down