Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garon's Shop

+2
Treamcaster
Aleron Ives
6 posters

Go down

Garon's Shop Empty Garon's Shop

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Garon, a
greedy trader,
runs a shop.
What lies
within?

Client: Garon
Quest:
This isn't exactly a
quest... I just want to
invite all hunters to
my shop. Come see
what you can buy!
Reward: 0 Meseta

The shop quest is now available on DC/PC Only. Sega added a shop quest for GC, so it seems high time that we have one of our own. Razz This quest offers several services:

1. Weapons can be upgraded to have percentages. This system works differently than on GC. You can give a weapon percents on any area (in your face GC, we get Hit Razz), and you can have 1-3 percentages. Rare weapons will have 30% on the selected areas, while RED weapons can have 20%. Your current percentages and grind value are lost, so there is a tradeoff involved. The quest is good for upgrading mediocre equipment to become more useful; however, if you have a weapon with 45% and you want to give it another percentage, you must choose between having one good percent, and having multiple percents that are lower. GC can get away with letting you upgrade weapons to the maximum since percents don't mean much on GC, but since our percents are very strong, it wouldn't be fair to allow that kind of upgrade.
  2. Armour can be given slots.
  3. Armour and Shields can have their DFP and EVP values maxed.
  4. Units can gain + and ++
  5. Lower level units can be combined to create higher level units. For example, 2 Devil/Battles can be combined to create one God/Battle.

Now the question: What's the price? Services can be purchased for a fee of Photon Points. Photon Points are awarded at the end of certain quests and based on difficulty level. Each quest has a base Photon Point value. In Normal mode, this value is used. In Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate, the value is multiplied by 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Here are the current quests that give Photon Points and the base number of points they give:

Lost HEAT SWORD: 3
Lost ICE SPINNER: 5
Lost SOUL BLADE: 8
Lost HELL PALLASCH: 10
Resurgent Darkness: 11
Fragments of a Memory: 12

Mop-up Operation #1: 4
Mop-up Operation #2: 6
Mop-up Operation #3: 9
Mop-up Operation #4: 11
Endless Nightmare #1: 2
Endless Nightmare #2: 4
Endless Nightmare #3: 7
Endless Nightmare #4: 9

The NPCs in the quest will give more detailed explanations and prices for their services. The quest is also capable of upgrading equipment based on the original item statistics, as well as the new ones offered by the Enhancement Pack. The EP should be released soon if all goes well... muahaha.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Garon's Shop Empty Re: Garon's Shop

Post  Treamcaster Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Oh my f***** god. I can't believe this came out! This is unbelievable god dammit. I never thought we would ever get this. AMAZING FUCKING JOB! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Add slots...man that's insane! FUCK YEAH, I gotta hook up my Dreamcast! bounce

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeFIler Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 am

You know, my BBA can't get here fast enough cheers
TheDeFIler
TheDeFIler

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Garon's Shop Empty Where is it?

Post  Radigan Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:58 am

I just joined the forums, so hello to everyone first. Smile

I saw this quest here on the forum and thought, "Wow, that's f***in awesome", but when i went online, I couldn't find it, I have Photon Points, but can't find this quest, was it taken down? If not, where is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it, great job on keeping PSO alive BTW, lovin' it all over again. Smile

Radigan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:54 am

I've just made a long overdue, although probably unpopular, update to this quest.

• "No" is now the default option when you start the quest, since people who don't know about the Enhancement Pack are more likely to just click the default option than people who are using it.
  • The "Other" category for unit combinations has been removed.

It was honestly too powerful, as the units in that category are really the only ones anybody ever uses, since having infinite materials makes the stat-boosting units pretty useless once you're well into Ultimate. It never worked properly on DC anyway, so it's finally gone. You'll have to hunt those units properly in Very Hard or Ultimate Ruins again. Shocked
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nightstalker Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 am

hey Ives, glad to see you still working on good old stuff like this quest. Keep rollin! Very Happy

nightstalker

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-12-30

Back to top Go down

Garon's Shop Empty garon's shop update

Post  mahkbooks Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:36 am

I hear you are updating the shop.  I still feel it is too easy to receive the upgrades.  Could you perhaps make the upgrades more expensive to obtain, say 10x?  That way people will not max out their photon points as often, and the rarer % and upgrades will be much more meaningful and treasured.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes, that is one of the major problems the update is going to address. Smile
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member