Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Stand?

+15
sosickwitdit
Gillaclva
Pumpkin
KoNeko
Radkin
aaron_yume
startrekfan39
stasher
Treamcaster
Bob Dobbs
Darian Braver
Flash T.H.
Wing
Caboose
Aleron Ives
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty Rangers cont...

Post  MuCast Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Yea, really the hunters are the only ones who have it decently easy, probably the best weapon a ranger can get that isnt statistically impossible to find or very hard to get would be an s rank needle or mechgun, if your lucky maybe a yasminkov if your lucky enough, its a shame too because i really like to use rifles but not many can even hit or do damage in ultimate

Its a shame we cant change the stats or weapons rangers can use to at least give them a chance without having to be in a party
Sad

Edit, three people online! Yays

Last edited by MuCast on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: A Final Stand?

Post  Wing Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm

lol. I was fixing a grammatical error, and you posted. Nu moar IMz? Dx

Rangers just don't have enough weapons that hit multiple enemies and actually does decent damage, lol. Did you say FIND an S-Rank?

Razz
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty no

Post  MuCast Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:53 pm

no, well maybe it looked like it, I meant getting an s rank in cmode
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:05 pm

@ Wing

Well since I'm fixing the drops, Rangers will have a lot more equipment to choose from. Razz I think I'll probably make PHF usable by RAmar since it's retarded that he's the only one who can't use it.

MuCast wrote:Its a shame we cant change the stats or weapons rangers can use to at least give them a chance without having to be in a party
Um, we can, and I'm going to. o.o
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty ...

Post  MuCast Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:01 pm

yay
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seismica Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

I was going to post this last night, but my internet cut out Mad It does that a lot.

...So heres what i was goi ng to post:

I also read earlier that the Spread Needle is usable by Hunters?

!!!!!!!

That is an outrage, probably the best multi hit gun weapon, that is not exclusive to rangers.

And why is there no Red Rifle? Or Red Shotgun for that matter? And no more powerful equivalents for either of those... The Red handgun is usable by all, and the red mechgun has a 1/82000 or so drop chance from a Govulmer (according to PSOworld). The good weapons in the game are clearly geared towards hunters (who already have higher base ATP).

I think you should hike up the attack power of the rarer rifles in the game to make them usable Razz

I want an anti android rifle, but by the time i get to mines, i probably won't need it anymore Razz It has fairly average drop rates so not too hard to find i guess. (anyone have a spare one? Razz )

Right about now my internet has crashed so i will post this tomorrow lol...

Well that was it...

Oh and also,

How is this patch going so far anyway Ives? Close to finishing? Despite the downfalls (from not being able to introduce a 5th difficulty), it is a definite improvement to the game, and it will stop me from moving on to Blue burst Laughing Trust me, i'm tempted lol Razz

Seismica

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 am

Seismica wrote:Blue Bitch Laughing Trust me, i'm tempted lol Razz

Fixed.

PSO has always been a melee based game anyways. That's why magic sucks.

Not the case on PSZ though.... lol.

Aleron Ives wrote:Yeah, PSZ = 2 Rafoie and everything is dead I guess. xD

xD

SEGA is notorious for making something more imbalanced than another. They've always sucked at making everything fair in their games. If they fix one thing, then they will inevitably screw up another.... They always do.
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Seismica wrote:And why is there no Red Rifle? Or Red Shotgun for that matter?
Rico is a Hunter; she couldn't use those weapons. Razz

Seismica wrote:How is this patch going so far anyway Ives? Close to finishing? Despite the downfalls (from not being able to introduce a 5th difficulty), it is a definite improvement to the game, and it will stop me from moving on to Blue burst Laughing Trust me, i'm tempted lol Razz
The patches for Ludicrous mode and the weapons will be easy to do because there's no variability in them; all I have to do is change the stats and I'm done. I'm still working on the drops, because there's so much randomness involved it's terribly hard to get it right.

Ver.2 has a horrible drop system; it tends to get stuck and generate similar results repeatedly. What this means for players is that you generally either find very few decent rares, or you get showered with them. I have been moving the rates up and down, and in the end it took me around 30 runs to find Handgun: Guld, which is one of the rarest items. The problem is, is 30 runs too easy? Well, someone who's luckier than me might find it in 20, and someone less likely might need 50. For all I know, it was simply a fluke that I didn't find one sooner, or it could be a fluke that I found one as soon as I did. There's no way for me to know, so I fear that my only option is to just make a decision and hope that PSO behaves and players aren't disappointed. -_-
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

ah man. I know what you're trying to do, Ives. However those are some massive risks. I personally don't want the entire community walking around with shit they found in a couple weeks that took me like.. years. XD

Or it could be the other way around and be worse... I suppose we won't know till you try.
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty Re: A final stand

Post  Flash T.H. Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm BAAAACK!

Gah, I hate Blue Burst. Oh, and I'm making a tour of PSO PC for Youtube, but since I can't go online on the PC PSO is now installed (and the only one on it), Dark Falz Hard+ mode won't be up for a while.
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Seismica Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Ver.2 has a horrible drop system; it tends to get stuck and generate similar results repeatedly. What this means for players is that you generally either find very few decent rares, or you get showered with them. I have been moving the rates up and down, and in the end it took me around 30 runs to find Handgun: Guld, which is one of the rarest items. The problem is, is 30 runs too easy? Well, someone who's luckier than me might find it in 20, and someone less likely might need 50. For all I know, it was simply a fluke that I didn't find one sooner, or it could be a fluke that I found one as soon as I did. There's no way for me to know, so I fear that my only option is to just make a decision and hope that PSO behaves and players aren't disappointed. -_-

How many people are testing it? just you?

If say 3 or 4 people tried it for a few weeks then we would see the true effect of the drop rate change. Sure its all still based on luck, but if say in 30 runs out of 4 people, only one of them finds a hangun: guld, then you can be fairly sure it was just a fluke.

Seismica

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:58 pm

Wing wrote:ah man. I know what you're trying to do, Ives. However those are some massive risks. I personally don't want the entire community walking around with shit they found in a couple weeks that took me like.. years. XD

Or it could be the other way around and be worse... I suppose we won't know till you try.
The trouble is that you were lucky to find stuff over the course of years that most of us have not found, since most of us have bad luck. D:

Seismica wrote:How many people are testing it? just you?

If say 3 or 4 people tried it for a few weeks then we would see the true effect of the drop rate change. Sure its all still based on luck, but if say in 30 runs out of 4 people, only one of them finds a hangun: guld, then you can be fairly sure it was just a fluke.
It's mainly me. I've sent it to a few other people, but I'm doing the majority of the runs. It's very hard to test this when there are so few players left, and most of them either don't have characters in Ultimate that they can use to test or aren't willing to hack proper test characters to use for the testing process.

Ver.2's handling of droprates is very odd. From my experience, I would hold the following statement to be true:

When you start Ultimate mode at level 80, Vulmers will drop Red Daggers fairly easily, and you can get 3 - 4 of them by the time you reach level 100. However, at some point, be it 100 hours, level 100, or something else, Vulmers stop dropping Red Daggers and you never see another one on that character.

Now, if PSO was simply doing identical calculations each time, this would not be possible, yet it happens, at least to me. Some other factor(s) must play into the drops which we can't control, which basically unbalances everything. When you think about it, Vulmer is probably the most prevalent enemy in the entire game, with Claw being second most common. Every room in Cave has like 5+ Vulmers, and sometimes they spawn like 10 at a time. With such an obscene number of Vulmers, you'd think that you would find Red Daggers fairly easily at any time.

Vulmer has a rare rate of 0xB9 (185) for Red Dagger. If 0xB9 is that bad on an enemy that appears so frequently, then would that not make a rare impossible to get on an enemy that appears less often? Ver.2 does not seem to like anything in the B range very much. Tollaw has a rate of 0xB4 (180) for Plantain Leaf, which took me a good five years to get to drop. There are far fewer Tollaws in the Forest than there are Vulmers in the Cave.

Right now, I have the rarest items like Lavis Cannon, Guld/Milla, at 0xC0 (192) for the most part. A few IDs have a worse rate of 0xBF (191), and others a slightly better rate of 0xC1 (193), depending on their affinity for different types of weapons. 0xC0 is not very far from 0xB9 (192 and 185); only 0xBE (190) stands in between them. Personally, I'm a bit scared to drop rates into the B range since PSO doesn't seem to like it, because after six years of playing this game and finding crap, I don't want things to still be very difficult. We have very few players and a small selection of equipment compared to the other versions. Perhaps it would be better if, instead of having a really hard time finding all these items, finding them was not the biggest problem, but rather finding them with good percents. People don't have to stress about Red Handguns because they know they can find them, but just finding one with 0% is fairly dull. People continue to look for ones with better percents, because that's what really matters in Ver.2.

For the record, Red Handgun has a rate of 0xDC (220), which is a good bit higher than rares like Lavis Cannon, so obviously you won't be finding a Lavis every other run. Still, we can't spam quests and Ver.2's ability to randomize its drops sucks, so maybe it's not such a bad thing if rares don't take months of constant spamming to acquire?
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Well if that's true, then it would explain why I haven't found daggers in awhile.

I noticed newer characters do seem to find them a lot.
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty ORLY

Post  MuCast Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:45 pm

ive only ever found one pair and it wasnt my game T_T
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Perhaps then I've just about finished adjusting the rates, then. If I go much lower, things may become too hard to find due to Ver.2's... finicky handling of drops. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

A Final Stand? - Page 3 Empty Insert Generic Subject topic here

Post  MuCast Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:41 pm

I see, well im curious to see what this is like once finished elephant
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:32 pm

You keep saying that, and I'm not sure I like the sound of it. xD
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 pm

What i mean is, ive heard a lot of talk about it and im interested to see the result is all
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  furrypaws Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Is the Tech resistance patch included in the Enhancement Patch, or do I have to install both? Thought I'd get that question out there before Serena got higher up.

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 pm

The Resist Mod is for use without the EP. If you have the EP, you're playing Ludicrous mode, which has already been designed for Forces in mind.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 pm

maybe porting to other consoles such as a psp would help get more players and what not..

or not lol
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum