Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character transfer from computer to computer

5 posters

Go down

Character transfer from computer to computer Empty Character transfer from computer to computer

Post  Flash T.H. Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:58 am

Okay so... I just recently got a new, shiny computer, with amazing graphics and everything that you could possibly want.
I'm redownloading PSO (and all of its patches) onto the computer as I type, but that is not what this post is about.
From my past experience with transferring character data from computer to computer, at least one of the characters goes corrupt due to the fact that the character has connected to a server, be it Schtserv or Sylverant.
The new computer runs Windows 7 64-bit, and the old one runs XP 32-bit. Is there a way I can transfer the characters without corrupting any of them?
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Character transfer from computer to computer Empty Re: Character transfer from computer to computer

Post  mahkbooks Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 pm

I have never had any problems transferring any characters on psopc. I have characters transferred from win98 to vista to windows 7 32 to windows 7 64 bit. I simply overwrite both the backup and log files with the ones I want transferred. I hope that this helps. Perhaps you should also keep copies of these 2 old folders before you start connecting so that you have backups.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Character transfer from computer to computer Empty Re: Character transfer from computer to computer

Post  Aurelli Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm having a little problem with this. I want to move the characters I backed up from my HP laptop (which I registered a Sylverant guildcard for and whatnot.)

THIS is why I'm trying to do this by the way.... XD

Anyway, I copy them over and go to play, and when I get to the character screen, every file that had a character on it says "Damaged file."

Maybe I missed something? XD

Aurelli
Aurelli

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Before you can use your old characters, you need to use the autorun to insert the same serials as before and then go online with a new character that you create, which will cause the game to create the five backup files. After you do that, you can overwrite the new files with the old ones, and you'll have all your characters back. Without the proper information in the registry, PSO won't load your old data.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 pm

I see.

Thanks a lot then. XD
I really appreciate it.. Especially since I doubt I'll have my HP laptop back in usable shape anytime soon >.>

Edit: Nevermind I guess.. I forgot that I registered seperate serials on this laptop for some reason. So now I guess now I need a way to change the serial and access key on this laptop.. x.x
Aurelli
Aurelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:30 am

Reinstall PSO or delete the registry entries for serial/access/e-mail manually.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 am

Any (reasonably easy) way I can find these entries? x.x
Aurelli
Aurelli

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sonicteam\PSOV2 in regedit.

Right-click the values you're looking to delete (ACCESS, E-MAIL, and SERIAL), and you should be able to do so.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I haven't had a chance to import them yet, but I did delete the keys, and that worked so far, so thanks. :p

Funny thing, my HP laptop is finally back, but.... Well, let's just say I don't think I'll be using it anytime soon..

Check my newesr posts in the link above to see what's REALLY going on.. lol....
Aurelli
Aurelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down