Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamcast Serials

3 posters

Go down

Dreamcast Serials Empty Dreamcast Serials

Post  Little Vamp Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 pm

At first i want to thank Blue Crab for a new home and for that he really cares about this place (Providung us with news regularly on the boards and twitter feed...)

Secondly i want to thank Aleron Ives for keeping his effort high in having a nice home for Dreamcast Players.

there is something i would like to ask:

1 - How is the current process of registering Dreamcast serials to Sylverant.
2 - Is it possible just to use the ones you already registered on schthack? (You once helped me out with serials just within a few hours. That's what i call SERVICE)
3 - Does the Guildcard issue (shared serials for unregistered users) we know from schthack appear on sylverant, meaning you can not contact users via simple mail on next login?

No need to rush on this one, just sth. which might be usefull to know Smile Keep up the good work!
Little Vamp
Little Vamp

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-01-29

http://dcarena.de

Back to top Go down

Dreamcast Serials Empty Re: Dreamcast Serials

Post  BlueCrab Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Little Vamp wrote:At first i want to thank Blue Crab for a new home and for that he really cares about this place (Providung us with news regularly on the boards and twitter feed...)
You're welcome. Always glad to hear people saying thanks! Very Happy

1 - How is the current process of registering Dreamcast serials to Sylverant.
You do not have to register Dreamcast serials to use Sylverant, however you are encouraged to do so, as new features may require it in the future. To do so, sign onto the PSO server once with the game to register the serial/access key in the database and get a guildcard number (you'll need the guildcard number to register on the website). Then, sign up for an account on the website (sign up here). Once you do that log in and click on "Manage Serial Numbers/Access Keys", then "Register New Dreamcast Key". You'll need to put in the Serial Number, Access Key, as well as Guildcard number assigned by the game in online mode.

2 - Is it possible just to use the ones you already registered on schthack? (You once helped me out with serials just within a few hours. That's what i call SERVICE)
You'll have to register them separately, as Sylverant isn't associated with schtserv in any way. You should be able to use the same serial/access key though (you will end up with a different guildcard number).

3 - Does the Guildcard issue (shared serials for unregistered users) we know from schthack appear on sylverant, meaning you can not contact users via simple mail on next login?
Nope, it shouldn't.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, Sylverant gets around the problem of people having shared serial numbers on the Dreamcast by not using them to assign Guild Card numbers at all. Instead, Dreamcast users are registered by the hardware ID of their Dreamcasts, meaning your Guild Card number is tied to your specific console, not your serials. On the plus side, you don't need a unique serial number to have your own Guild Card number, but on the minus side, you'll get a new number if you have to replace your Dreamcast, AFAIK. Maybe registering your unique serial number and access key could override that problem in the future or something, assuming I understand the situation correctly.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Vamp Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks for the fast reply.

thats good to hear, that cards work perfectly even on unregistered "visitors". And if the DC crashes, the char is toast anyway as it is hardware coded so its pretty much perfect as it is right now. Smile
Little Vamp
Little Vamp

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-01-29

http://dcarena.de

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, Sylverant gets around the problem of people having shared serial numbers on the Dreamcast by not using them to assign Guild Card numbers at all. Instead, Dreamcast users are registered by the hardware ID of their Dreamcasts, meaning your Guild Card number is tied to your specific console, not your serials. On the plus side, you don't need a unique serial number to have your own Guild Card number, but on the minus side, you'll get a new number if you have to replace your Dreamcast, AFAIK. Maybe registering your unique serial number and access key could override that problem in the future or something, assuming I understand the situation correctly.
Well, actually the guildcards are assigned by the combination of Serial/Access Key/Dreamcast ID. The rest of what was in there was spot-on though.

The way that duildcards are assigned to the Dreamcast version is the reason why you can't register a Dreamcast serial/access key to your account until its been on the server.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Little Vamp wrote:Thanks for the fast reply.

thats good to hear, that cards work perfectly even on unregistered "visitors". And if the DC crashes, the char is toast anyway as it is hardware coded so its pretty much perfect as it is right now. Smile
...That's not true, you can carry your old characters over to a new Dreamcast. You just have to enter the same serial number and access key on the new one that you used on the old one, and then all of your old characters will be recognized. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down