Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Curious.

4 posters

Go down

I'm Curious. Empty I'm Curious.

Post  MuCast Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 am

I have a bit of a question for those who currently own the Phantasy Star Online Strategy Guide released awhile back. I owned one years ago and I forget a certain bit of info out of it. In the part of the book that talks about the areas and shows the maps, I remember it listed variations of the maps in there. Would anyone be willing to peruse their guide and let me know if the Variations are in Numbers or Letters? (Variation 1 vs Variation A and so on)

Thanks in Advance!

Very Happy
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

I'm Curious. Empty Re: I'm Curious.

Post  Treamcaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Letters.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Treamcaster wrote:Letters.

Ah ok thanks alot! I hate to ask further but do you know to which letter they go until? if all of them have the same amount of variations anyway
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

PSO Oficial Perfect Guide:

ABC - Forest 1/2; Caves 1/2/3;
ABCDEF - Mine 1/2; Ruins 1/2/3

I see why you might be asking this... some JP guides state different patterns with number and letter, letter, or just number I guess.
Any question just ask. I own almost all of the PSO guides released.

Edit:

It's plain funny how Versus Books got bored when they released ep.1 and 2 guide. Poor graphical job with the overall image design, and lazy new content. No map variations for ep. 2. Ep. 1 is a rushed copy of the first guide.
The only good thig about it is that they've corrected a few mistakes, like the one where they mentioned weapons could reach "100%" on its atributes. No wonder why there were so many newbs online with hacked stuff saying it was legit. Neutral

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Well Like I said I was pretty much just curious, had to check a hunch I had awhile back and see if it had any validity at all, thanks for the info though Very Happy

Actually I should probably ask too, the variations were for the entire run, not just one area correct? What I mean is, if Variation A was played, it would be the set up for say, caves 1, 2, and 3 instead of something like Variation A for just Caves 1, then perhaps two different variations for the other two?
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 pm

MuCast wrote:
Actually I should probably ask too, the variations were for the entire run, not just one area correct? What I mean is, if Variation A was played, it would be the set up for say, caves 1, 2, and 3 instead of something like Variation A for just Caves 1, then perhaps two different variations for the other two?

Hrrmm, can't find that info in the guides. I guess we gotta try it ourselves to see if it's not random... but that's an interesting question. I may check that later.

There also says (in both US perfect guides) that the are two more forest 1/ 2 online variations, not present offline, however they don't cover them up. Call me noob, but i don't recall seeing more than 3 start points in the forest...? I could be proven wrong though...

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:42 pm

weird thing is, i actually own this guide.
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm

hayame wrote:weird thing is, i actually own this guide.

Lol, so what? I don't get it, you feel dumb for having it? LMAO

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Treamcaster wrote:

ahh i guess you beat ives to making fun of me.

It's not that i feel dumb for having it, it's just weird that someone would bring it up as a topic.
hayame
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:35 pm

hayame wrote:
Treamcaster wrote:

ahh i guess you beat ives to making fun of me.

It's not that i feel dumb for having it, it's just weird that someone would bring it up as a topic.

YOU CALLIN ME WEIRD?!!!

Anyway the topic title indicates it all, but it would be nice to know for sure, I would bet Ives would likely know though. Very Happy
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 pm

You need to be consistant with the terminology. "Maps" generally refer to how many possible room configurations exist for each floor, which is unrelated to the possible variations in free play. Forest 1/2 obviously have only one map each, whereas Cave 2 and Ruins 1, 2, 3 have five each, and Cave 1, 3, and Mine 1, 2 have six. That doesn't mean all of them are used, though. Map 5 is only used in Challenge mode and Towards the Future, while Map 6 is only used in Famitsu-Maximum Attack- for Cave 3 and Mine 2. Cave 1 and Mine 1 map 6 are never used.

Configurations used in free play do not necessarily use different maps; they simply alter your starting and ending positions in the same map and move the enemies around. There are six configurations for every area except Forest 2, which only has five. Offline, Forest and Cave only have three configurations. On Sega's server, certain maps were always tied together, so that if you started with a certain configuration in Ruins 1, you automatically knew what Ruins 2 and 3 layout you would have. It's totally randomized on SCHTServ, I think.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down