Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to re-format, Character backup directions?

3 posters

Go down

Need to re-format, Character backup directions? Empty Need to re-format, Character backup directions?

Post  Nythain Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Not sure if this has been posted in a single easy access spot, but i need to re-format my machine and was wondering if anyone could tell me pretty simple instructions on backing up my character info/hunters guild file(s)? i am pretty clueless as to what files are what in my Phantasy Star Online folder and im not sure if just dumping the entire thing works like it theoretically sounds
Nythain
Nythain

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Need to re-format, Character backup directions? Empty Re: Need to re-format, Character backup directions?

Post  Moopthehedgehog Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:16 pm

there is a folder in C:\program files\sega\phantasystaronline called backup.all your files that you need to backup are in there. All you do is copy it to a flashdrive or something, and there you go.

That should be it, afaik. There may be more info, someone back me up?

One of the few things sega nicely did for us Smile
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Need to re-format, Character backup directions? Empty Re: Need to re-format, Character backup directions?

Post  Nythain Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:21 pm

thanks much... sounds simple enough
Nythain
Nythain

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:46 pm

If you only want to back up your characters, save the PSO_COM, FLS, GUD, SYD, and SYS files from that folder. It also contains your Download Quests and your screenshots. You can save those, too, if you want.

The most important thing to remember is when you install PSO again, you need to use the same serial number, access key, and e-mail address that you used before. Once you've re-registered, create a new character (all your save slots should be empty). This will prompt PSO to create those five files in the Backup folder. Go online with your new character and to be safe, check to make sure that your Guild Card number is what it should be. Quit and save, and now overwrite the Backup folder with the copy you made from your original installation. You should have everything back again. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nythain Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 pm

thanks again for the further information, still simple enough even a Nythain could do it Smile hope to be playing again soon
Nythain
Nythain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nythain Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am

yay, all is well and good, though the game looks funny windowed and maximized at 1600x1200 Razz

thanks again everyone... its good to be back
Nythain
Nythain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down