Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help burning a Half Life DC nero image?

:: Off-Topic :: Off-Topic

Go down

Help burning a Half Life DC nero image? Empty Help burning a Half Life DC nero image?

Post  furrypaws on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Now, I got a torrent for Half Life DC. It was unreleased, and I thought it'd be a neat addition to my DC library. It finished, and when I unzipped it, I got 16 .rar files (15 of which are all the same size, 19.1 MB) an .nfo file, and a .sfv file. This is where I begin to get lost. The total of the rar files (since the other two are negligible) is about 300, 310 MB. I think an unzipped file is around 500 MB, and this is where my confusion really picks up. They all appear to be the exact same unzipped nrg file, which I know to be a Nero file. "Ok," I think. "I'll just burn one of the unzipped nrg files on Nero and see what happens." Burn is successful, yet when I pop it into the Dreamcast, it "reads" it as a music CD with 61 minutes and 53 seconds (which is probably the space it takes up) and unplayable tracks.

Anyone want to help me out here? I could probably load up all of the files one by one since they're so tiny (19.1 for 15 of the 16, 4.1 for the 16th, and again, just text files for the other two which provided no assistance to me whatsoever.)

The 16 pieces, by the way, are each labeled halflife-dcgold-xanadu.part##.rar, with ## being (obviously) the number of the part.

Any help would, as always, be immensely appreciated, even if it's just a link I overlooked...somehow.

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Help burning a Half Life DC nero image? Empty Re: Help burning a Half Life DC nero image?

Post  Aleron Ives on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:36 am

Um, if you click the first file in the archive series, your decompression program should put all the pieces together and show you the Nero image which is constructed from all the pieces, and that's the image you should extract. As for burning, I have no idea how to burn Nero images. I've only seen DiscJuggler tutorials.

Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2172
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Help burning a Half Life DC nero image? Empty Re: Help burning a Half Life DC nero image?

Post  furrypaws on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:53 pm

I'm telling you, this is causing me all sorts of grief. Apparently, new versions of Nero don't actually support nrg files (...>_>; ), I've tried like 20 conversion programs and a bunch of programs which say they support burning nrg files, but either they don't, or...

Or I just wasted like 5 hours trying on a file that doesn't work. ._.; If this next attempt doesn't work, I'm finding a cdi image and that's that. >_<

The same thing happens every time. The Dreamcast sees the disc, sees that there's space taken up on it, shows me it as a music CD but no tracks can be played. Baaaaaah.

EDIT: After looking up some more information, I came across the fact that this might not be a self boot disc. I already tossed like 6 copies that weren't working...time to burn a bootdisc, and try all of them...x_x;

*crosses fingers*

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down