PSO v2 EP won't load via GDEMU/GDmenu

Go down

PSO v2 EP won't load via GDEMU/GDmenu

Post  fester on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 am

Hello,

The disc drive laser in my DC recently stopped working and I replaced it with a GDEMU. In the process of moving everything over from discs to the SD card, I ran into a problem with my PSO loader images (Sylverant and Schthack) not being recognized by the GDmenu program which lead me to the Ives images as alternatives. I've been able to get the standard v2 cdi image to load successfully, but unfortunately the Enhancement Pack fails to run. (When I select the game in the menu list, it kicks me back to the default DC menu screen and complains about needing to insert a disc.) Is there a trick to getting this to work or is the EP option just not possible when playing via GDmenu?

Thanks!

fester

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SD Card Issues?

Post  68k-dude on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:43 am

Hello fester,

Firstly, welcome aboard.

I have used the GDEMU for some time now.  I have also used the EP image without any problems.

The only problems I have ever had were at the start of my time with the GDEMU.  I went through at least a dozen SD cards from several manufactures.  I was experiencing load failures at start up and crashes during game-play.  I eventually went to first principles and got a card from Toshiba, the inventors of flash.  I got a Toshiba Exceria PRO N401 type.  Since using this card I have had no issues.

I have tried a few others since just for laughs and found a Sandisk Ultra that seems to work and a PNY Elite Performance that too seems to work.  I don't use them for serious PSO game play.

With all that said, try a different card or ten.

I hope you get it sorted so we can join you keepin' the Booma population under control  \o/

Best regards

68k-dude
68k-dude

Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PSO v2 EP won't load via GDEMU/GDmenu

Post  fester on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:21 pm

68k-dude wrote:Hello fester,

Firstly, welcome aboard.

I have used the GDEMU for some time now.  I have also used the EP image without any problems.

The only problems I have ever had were at the start of my time with the GDEMU.  I went through at least a dozen SD cards from several manufactures.  I was experiencing load failures at start up and crashes during game-play.  I eventually went to first principles and got a card from Toshiba, the inventors of flash.  I got a Toshiba Exceria PRO N401 type.  Since using this card I have had no issues.

I have tried a few others since just for laughs and found a Sandisk Ultra that seems to work and a PNY Elite Performance that too seems to work.  I don't use them for serious PSO game play.

With all that said, try a different card or ten.

I hope you get it sorted so we can join you keepin' the Booma population under control  \o/

Best regards

Thank you for your reply. Your situation got me to try another (newly formatted) SD card with just GDMenu and PSO and that worked fine. Then I went back to my original card, reformatted it, and loaded everything back...and it's all working perfectly now. Thanks again!

fester

Registration date : 2018-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  68k-dude on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Excellent work  \o/
68k-dude
68k-dude

Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Note that PSO does not work properly with GDMENU: for one thing, you won't be able to play Battle mode. Loading PSO directly without a menu works properly, though.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2137
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down