Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing a PSO Panel

3 posters

Go down

Doing a PSO Panel Empty Doing a PSO Panel

Post  A_Man_Named_Jayne Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Hello fellow people of Ragol,

Being a long time fan of the Phantasy Star franchise in general especially PSO I was looking to do a panel at a convention. I'm shooting for next years TooManyGames (July). I remember having some great conversations with every here and in other forums about the history and lore of the game. I have a pretty good knownledge of the games but I know there's always more to be known about. I also plan on plugging the great work Aleron Ives has done keep the this awesome game alive and still refreshing. Seriously, you are the back bone of this community. So if anyone would like to add anything to this that would be great. I will also give credit to anyone's idea or information that I use in the panel.

Thanks

A_Man_Named_Jayne

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-08-15

Back to top Go down

Doing a PSO Panel Empty Re: Doing a PSO Panel

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:47 am

That's a pretty broad topic. Just explaining the difference between V1, 2, 3, and 4 is enough to make people's heads spin and/or eyes glaze over. Razz Hopefully a convention wants to devote time to such an old game. I bet there are plenty of people out there who played PSO and are still sad it's "gone", because they don't know it's still around.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I bet there are plenty of people out there who played PSO and are still sad it's "gone", because they don't know it's still around.

Maybe it's time for PSO Palace to get more advertising Cool

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Man_Named_Jayne Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am

Aleron Ives wrote:That's a pretty broad topic. Just explaining the difference between V1, 2, 3, and 4 is enough to make people's heads spin and/or eyes glaze over. Razz Hopefully a convention wants to devote time to such an old game. I bet there are plenty of people out there who played PSO and are still sad it's "gone", because they don't know it's still around.

Was hoping to do a quick history of the series. Most likely a quick rundown of the main changes between iterations and that the community is still going on till this very day. Probably break into some lore as well while giving you credit for being a big part as to why the DC and PC version is still played till this very day (with your blessing of course). I can't count how many times I would bump into people that loved the various iterations but have no idea that private servers are a thing. So I would definitely love to shed some more light on that.

A_Man_Named_Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Man_Named_Jayne Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am

Treamcaster wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:I bet there are plenty of people out there who played PSO and are still sad it's "gone", because they don't know it's still around.

Maybe it's time for PSO Palace to get more advertising Cool

Always down for some more advertisement cheers

A_Man_Named_Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Well, I don't really know much about the original PS games, other than that they exist. Laughing
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Man_Named_Jayne Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Well, I don't really know much about the original PS games, other than that they exist. Laughing

No need to know the original games. This will strictly be PSO and PSO only. Not even the spin offs on the DS, PSP and Vita. I mean I could spend hours on the original series alone. I will only have an hour to hour and half so I'm looking to hit key points. I have a while until I am presenting so I have a lot of time to gather info.

A_Man_Named_Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum