Keyboard in Windowed mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keyboard in Windowed mode

Post  ImportantGuy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:00 pm

I've got everything working on Windows 10, including the windowed exe on the downloads page, I got onto the server first try. Trouble is, my keyboard only works with the exe that was packed in, and not the windowed one. Is there a fix for this? Ideally I would want Full screen 4:3 on my 16:9 monitor, but it stretches to fit the screen. If I could do that, I wouldn't care about launching in windowed mode.

P.S.

Heyyy I'm back after a 7 year break! A friend and I were having a pow wow about emulators, dreamcast came up, PSO was mentioned, I remembered playing on this private server, I looked it up, and proceeded to shit my pants upon seeing that it's still online. He might even join me for some throwback adventures; he hasn't played since PSO was first released on DC! Sorry to hear about Crono being an asswipe btw, I hate to see a community be dragged down by one person's negligence.
ImportantGuy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keyboard in Windowed mode

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:14 pm

I thought Windows 10 was able to force pillarboxed 4:3 full screen games on 16:9 monitors? Previous versions of Windows can't do that AFAIK, so your only options are to use window mode or buy a different monitor. Razz

I've never used PSO on Windows 10, so I don't know why you can't type in window mode. You used the window mode with the typing fix, right? Vista and newer require it for direct input in both full screen and window mode.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2111
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ImportantGuy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm

How ya been Ives!

I tried both the regular windowed exe and windowed with mouse exe, neither of them allow for keyboard chat. I have another issue now; I can't tab to another program without the game closing on me. I'm going to try to reinstall. I seem to recall some relevant settings during installation that I no longer have access to. I'll let you know how it goes.
ImportantGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ImportantGuy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 pm

Update:

Did a clean install. Nothing different this time, just using the win vista/7 pack that I totally didn't notice before. I can type in window mode now. Tabbing doesn't crash either. The only problem I have left is that I have to manually resize the window now, and I don't quite know if I'm playing in 4:3, but oh well I'll live.
ImportantGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:47 am

Alt+Tab always closes the game in full screen, because PSO can't continue if it loses focus. If you want a perfectly sized window, you can either use deathrabbit's loader or use a program called Sizer to force a specific window size. Note that window borders are included in window sizes, so you need to measure the number of pixels used by window decorations on all four sides and add them to your dimensions if you want a perfect 4:3 window. Wink

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ImportantGuy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:21 am

You're a god. I installed a bunch of your patches, and after about an hour of yelling at sizer, I figured out the exact multiplier by which it was screwing up the window resize. It was .666667. Now I have optimal graphics on an optimal display with optimal sound on what I'm certain is an utterly functional server. A belated Happy Halloween to you Smile

So Ives, do you ever play PSO anymore or are you content to just enable everyone else to do so?
ImportantGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:18 am

I don't have much time for it lately. I still play when I can but mostly on GC. I'll probably start playing V2 again whenever I feel like making a new character.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ImportantGuy on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Roger, I was just curious. You been in it longer than most if not all, it wouldn't surprise me if you were just bored with it.
ImportantGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top