Hamburger mag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hamburger mag

Post  mahkbooks on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm

It seems that when Serena equips the hamburger, her MST goes up, moreso than normal. Is it peculiar to this particular mag? I didn't know that any mags had this ability.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hamburger mag

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I've never heard of a Mag having a stat bonus, but I suppose it's possible. How much does it increase on top of the Mag's MIND bonus?

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:33 pm

And I guess you never will because I am mistaken. The curious thing that happens is when you unequip a summit moon or twinkle star, the game reduces your MST, even if you are already maxed out. If you do any technique attacks, you do less damage. But if you then unequip your mag and reequip, your MST returns back to normal, and your attacks are normal once again. I was mistaken because when I switched mags and I saw my TP go up, I thought it was due to the new mag.
On a separate note, of all the Frantic Fauna mags, I would probably rate Kapu Kapu as the best one, since it gives a high probability of going invincible on 100% pb. This happens with Hamburger and Devil Wings too, but not as often. With Angel Wings, it seems to cast shifta/deband at 100% pb. With Chu Chu, when you get very dangerously low on hp, you will go invincible a lot of the time. Since these mags have only 2 blasts at lvl 200, which are obtained randomly at the time of acquisition, you have to make sure that you only feed the worthwhile ones.
I guess that's my mag report. Sorry about reporting my confusion.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 pm

I figured there was something like that going on. Weapons that boost your MST are a little buggy, because they boost your base MST, rather than your total MST (to prevent you from ever exceeding the cap). As a result, equipping a weapon like Summit Moon gives you +50 MST, which enables you to learn new Techniques that your MST is too low to use without the Summit Moon equipped. The problem is that the MST boost also allows you to bypass the requirements for MST-based weapons, so you can for example equip a Wand to get the extra MST necessary to equip a Striker, but since the Striker doesn't give you extra MST, your MST decreases when you equip it and the Striker becomes greyed out. You still get to use it, but if you use an item it causes the Striker to unequip, because you're using it without the necessary MST.

As for the Mags, all of the new Ver.2 Mags are pretty much terrible. Mag S/D is only level 6, which makes it too weak to be useful, and Mag Resta is still based on your MST, so for organic characters you would be better off using Resta yourself, and androids still have to use a healing item, because Mag Resta only gives them 50 HP, due to their 0 MST. As a result, the only useful Mag bonus is invincibility, which means the only end-game Mags that are useful are those which have invincibility on all three triggers. None of the new Ver.2 Mags meet that requirement, so they all pretty much suck, especially since they are limited to 2 PBs. The only benefit of Ver.2 Mags, besides their fashionability, is that they can be raised easily and make low-level characters much stronger. Once you approach max stats, you're better off using a regular Mag that only does invincibility, since the bonus and PBs are all a Mag can give you once you're maxed.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top