Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are any new quests forthcoming?

2 posters

Go down

Are any new quests forthcoming? Empty Are any new quests forthcoming?

Post  mahkbooks Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm

All of the new quests in the last few years or so have been very enjoyable. The ports from the other platforms have also been very well done. If it would be possible to port some more quests over to ver 2., I would certainly undertake them. Whether online or offline, any new quests would be great fun.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Are any new quests forthcoming? Empty Re: Are any new quests forthcoming?

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

As it so happens, Cranberry and I are planning to translate another JPBB quest.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:27 am

It is really nice to know that you are still collaborating. Its good to know that there are still some very nice people at schtserv.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Are any new quests forthcoming? Empty Frantic Caves?

Post  mahkbooks Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

How about a quest involving frantic caves? Don't know how you can make lilies more frantic, but because the caves are so expansive, you could put a real good story line in there... with room for an elegant side-quest as well.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 am

I'm still contemplating what to do. A simple killing quest is easy, but more complex quests require more planning. If you implement a quest feature (e.g. Ruins ghosts) in a way that's annoying (e.g. ghosts appearing too often), then nobody wants to play the quest, so it's a waste.

That reminds me, I still need to fix the ghosts in Fragments of a Memory, because Ruins 3 in that quest is much more annoying than fun. Mad
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:12 am

Actually, it is an exercise in patience, but I don't mind it too much. It is an important feature of the quest though, and the story is good. Also, I really love Halloween Horror. That and Frantic Fauna are my favorites. The caves have such nice scenery. They are also vast. They would make a good background for a story of some sort. As for rewards... how about perhaps one of those impossible to get lvl 30 disks for a tough side quest? As for what kind of great story, I will leave that up to your great creativity!

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm

It's pretty easy to fix Fragments of a Memory, though. All that needs to happen is the time between ghost appearances needs to be longer, so they aren't popping up every 20 seconds. It's hard to get anything done (or even move to the next room) when you have to keep stopping so often to avoid getting caught. The ghosts in Halloween Horror have more down time between appearances, which makes them less annoying (that, and they require you to run away, rather than stand still and get pummelled by enemies to avoid getting caught). FoaM would be much less annoying if the ghosts would wait 40 seconds before pestering you again, for instance.

The days of quest rewards are coming to an end. I've made almost every item in the game obtainable now, so there isn't much left to use as prizes. I already have a story for the next quest in mind, though. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:22 pm

No you haven't! How about a piece of armor that has intrinsic state maintenance? Actually, i was also wondering about Rico's pieces of equipment. Wouldn't it make more sense if they were units instead of barrier/shields? That way we could wear more than 1 item. But I am raving about things that don't exist in the game. One thing that v2 doesn't have tho, is a way to unseal a sealed j-sword, which i think is available in some of the other versions. Maybe you could do that, or something similar.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:32 pm

You can already unseal the Sealed J-Sword, just as you can create a Double Cannon, provided you have the necessary items... Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:10 pm

I thought that was only on gc and x-box

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Tsumikiri J-Sword became obtainable on Ver.2 around the same time I released the Enhancement Pack. The method for obtaining it is different from the way you get it on GC, of course. The Sealed J-Sword uses one of its percentage slots to count kills on GC, and once you've killed enough enemies with it equipped, you can "Use" it to unseal it. Ver.2 has no kill counters, so the unsealing method is completely different.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Does this mean that conversion can only happen on PC? Or is it also enabled in the ep? If this is so, perhaps you could make the TJS available as a prize in an upcoming side-quest.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:43 pm

TJS is way too good to be a a simple prize item, and both DC and PC can get it now, so there's no need to give it away for beating a quest. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 pm

How is conversion to TJS possible on DC ver 2 if it only became available around the time the EP came out?  Didn't SEGA stop support on DC after 2001?  

Anyways, I think that here are many cool quest prizes that can be made available... such as perhaps random lvl 30 techs or other types of items that are only available to certain section ID's.  Some of these, I may never otherwise even see, since I may never have characters with that ID.

Last edited by mahkbooks on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comments)

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Obviously the conversion process I created wasn't sanctioned by Sega, just as none of my other patches or quests were. Razz
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 pm

So it is only available on the EP then? OK that is very interesting... I will try out the things that are the most logical! I may ask for hints later. This is a side quest within the main game itself!

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

You would need the EP to have any reasonable chance of finding a Sealed J-Sword, but you can technically unseal it without the EP.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down