Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Reports

+13
Little Vamp
TheDeFIler
Seby
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
aphrodia81
Aurelli
SHADOWROD
EvilMag
BlueCrab
Moopthehedgehog
MuCast
Wing
Aleron Ives
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bug Reports - Page 4 Empty Re: Bug Reports

Post  mahkbooks Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 am

I attempted last evening at 1800 h CST. I will try again tonight and let you know around the same time.

Thanks, BlueCrab

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:40 pm

I restarted Altimira this morning once everyone was offline, so it's running r516 now. Don't worry, Rolf and I encountered the same problem yesterday with r511. Thankfully, BlueCrab was on top of the problem as soon as I reported it. Cool
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I restarted Altimira this morning once everyone was offline, so it's running r516 now. Don't worry, Rolf and I encountered the same problem yesterday with r511. Thankfully, BlueCrab was on top of the problem as soon as I reported it. Cool
Well, almost as soon as you reported it. I did have other issues to take care of that I was in the middle of, after all. Wink

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 pm

works great now... thanks

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Bug Reports - Page 4 2fe181be68b0e0a3c2d84dc445a78fb9

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 pm

No idea on that one... I have my doubts if that's something that I've done, since I don't even have documented the packet to create pipes (its some subcommand of the 0x60 packet, I'm pretty sure, which I just pass on untouched)...

Also, lag issues are not something I can do much about, unfortunately...

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:37 am

There's another bug related to Telepipes, but to my knowledge it's not the server's fault, because even Sega's server did it. You can randomly check somebody's pipe on Pioneer 2 and have it say just "Cave" or "Ruins" instead of saying "Cave 1" or "Ruins 3". PSO does strange things sometimes. Razz

Also, since enemies are independently controlled by each player's client, lag doesn't have any effect on the spawn process.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:19 pm

There seems to be another password problem. Upon registration for a group, it seems that although a pw is entered, no pw is required when anyone wants to join. No big deal, since it's great to play with everyone here, but I thought that you should be aware of this.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm

mahkbooks wrote:There seems to be another password problem. Upon registration for a group, it seems that although a pw is entered, no pw is required when anyone wants to join. No big deal, since it's great to play with everyone here, but I thought that you should be aware of this.
Was a stupid bug. Should be fixed now. Wink

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

So I was playing, hurpaderp, got done and logged out through the normal menu Quit button.
Then I came back later to find this. Razz

Bug Reports - Page 4 2nveyps

Maybe it's not a bug, but possibly the result of some form of lag?
Either way, I thought I'd post it.

I was on Altimira if that matters.
Aurelli
Aurelli

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:30 am

How much later did you get back on? Sometimes if there's lag between your endpoint and the server, it won't see your disconnect message for whatever reason. It then takes a bit before the server "knows" that you're not connected anymore.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Specifically, the timeout for your ghost should be 2 minutes.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Specifically, the timeout for your ghost should be 2 minutes.
It is a bit more than that, due to various issues with getting it exact, usually with regard to being the last person on a block.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm

I had checked back about an hour later on the site and it still said there was one person online at Altimira and one game active. (I was in a game when I logged out) And sure enough, My guildcard was still online.

but I DID notice it was empty this morning. Razz
Aurelli
Aurelli

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Bug: When you change to another lobby and create a team there, after you quit that team you return automatically to the first lobby.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Wow, someone finally noticed that. Very Happy

It won't get fixed until BlueCrab implements inventory tracking and other player-specific features, and that is on the back burner while he works on server-side drops. Surprised
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 am

Treamcaster wrote:Bug: When you change to another lobby and create a team there, after you quit that team you return automatically to the first lobby.
Technically, you don't always return to the first lobby. If its full, you'll be in the second lobby (and so on and so forth).

That said, I don't know if we've ever actually filled up a lobby without something breaking. Laughing

Last time I remember a lobby being full was back when Altimira was first set up, and it crashed for some reason when it happened.

Like Ives, I'm actually somewhat surprised it took this long for someone to actually notice that. Laughing

EDIT (less than 2 hours later):
Well... Its fixed in r614, which is running on Iselia already. I'd have restarted Altimira as well, but there were people playing when I looked, so its not fixed on there yet.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 am

Aha! The client does request a lobby... and here you thought you'd have to track it. Wink
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am

Bugs of the day

Quest bug:

The Tinkerbell's Dog 2 - when this quest is done by two players, the first turns out to a lvl 0 char named "---", completely trashed, while the second player transforms into CICIL NPC lvl 13.

Here's another bug you guys are probably aware of:

Joined a team with two players, created by v1 player. Can't see one of them. Although if he uses word-select phrases, I see those as NPC bubble chats (white bg with no name on top of it).

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Thu May 03, 2012 8:06 am

Treamcaster wrote:Bugs of the day

Quest bug:

The Tinkerbell's Dog 2 - when this quest is done by two players, the first turns out to a lvl 0 char named "---", completely trashed, while the second player transforms into CICIL NPC lvl 13.
That quest can only be played by a single player. On Iselia, it should already be limited as such by the server (i.e, it shouldn't even show up on the quest list if there's more than one person). However, that will only happen on Iselia, as no other ships use the updated quest setup.

Here's another bug you guys are probably aware of:

Joined a team with two players, created by v1 player. Can't see one of them. Although if he uses word-select phrases, I see those as NPC bubble chats (white bg with no name on top of it).
Uh... Never heard of that one before?

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

BlueCrab wrote:That quest can only be played by a single player. On Iselia, it should already be limited as such by the server (i.e, it shouldn't even show up on the quest list if there's more than one person). However, that will only happen on Iselia, as no other ships use the updated quest setup.

Yes I know. The other ships should do the same eh? I saw someone over at dreamcast-talk with the same issue, but unfortunately for him, he lost his char.

BlueCrab wrote:

Yes, this is old news. However I was just wondering if you already tried to fix this?

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Thu May 03, 2012 8:38 am

Treamcaster wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:That quest can only be played by a single player. On Iselia, it should already be limited as such by the server (i.e, it shouldn't even show up on the quest list if there's more than one person). However, that will only happen on Iselia, as no other ships use the updated quest setup.

Yes I know. The other ships should do the same eh? I saw someone over at dreamcast-talk with the same issue, but unfortunately for him, he lost his char.
I had advised Ives to do so for Altimira a while ago. Don't remember why he never did it...

I think I also mentioned it to Impulse for Vega...

BlueCrab wrote:

Yes, this is old news. However I was just wondering if you already tried to fix this?
No, as in I don't remember hearing about that (doesn't mean I never have, just that I certainly don't remember it). That said I've never seen the bug, and there's no reason that I can think of for it to happen either...

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 am

The invisible player with a white NPC bubble is just another manifestation of the joining bug. When it happens to the leader, the new player can't join. When it happens to someone who isn't leading, the new player joins, but the old player will be invisible to him, and the chat messages of both players will appear in white NPC bubbles to each other. This is the first time it's been reported with Ver.1, but that's only because so few people use it. It isn't surprising that it can happen on any version. The only way to fix it is for the old player to go back to the lobby and join the team again, after which everyone will be able to see each other. It's a common misconception that the new player is the one who has to rejoin, but doing that will accomplish nothing, as it's the old player who's bugged.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab Thu May 03, 2012 10:38 am

Aleron Ives wrote:The invisible player with a white NPC bubble is just another manifestation of the joining bug. When it happens to the leader, the new player can't join. When it happens to someone who isn't leading, the new player joins, but the old player will be invisible to him, and the chat messages of both players will appear in white NPC bubbles to each other. This is the first time it's been reported with Ver.1, but that's only because so few people use it. It isn't surprising that it can happen on any version. The only way to fix it is for the old player to go back to the lobby and join the team again, after which everyone will be able to see each other. It's a common misconception that the new player is the one who has to rejoin, but doing that will accomplish nothing, as it's the old player who's bugged.
Aha... Makes a lot more sense that way. Wink

Don't mind my insanity, I've been sitting here grading assignments for the class I'm the TA for, and well... If you've never graded programming assignments before, consider yourself lucky. Rolling Eyes

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Battle mode not working? Tried playing it with faithy and after 2~4 seconds it times out.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: