Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bug Reports

Post  BlueCrab on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Hrm... Not sure what's going on with that Neutral
Code:
[2011:02:20: 14:35:38.032]: Potentially non-legit item dropped in legit mode:
30000201 00140000 00000003 00000000

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, which may not be for a while yet... Lots of stuff to do for work/class unfortunately.

EDIT: Hrm... I can't seem to recreate the problem. No matter what I do with that particular item code, it seems to work fine both on Iselia and Altimira when in legit mode. confused

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://sylverant.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm stumped, too. The only thing that should cause the legit checker to deny a shield is if the DFP or EVP is beyond the maximum allowed value. I checked the legit file, and the specified values are correct, and according to that drop log, the Hunter's Shell that dropped was also within the parameters. There's no reason from a configuration standpoint for that item to have been flagged, so my only guess is that it's a problem with the checker code that's making it block items even when they conform to the limits file.

Did anything else out of the ordinary happen, Ryuu?

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinySun on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 am

it seem that nothing wrong when i was playing, the orther drop item work well

ShinySun

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 am

Well if it makes you feel any better, I lost a Magical Piece due to the legit checker eating a drop a while back. Sad Thankfully, it led to the discovery of a bug that has since been fixed, so I hope your loss is not in vain, either.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinySun on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 am

its fine xD, because its not the item i want after all Very Happy

play some VH Ruin run today still cant find any PB/create or PB/generate, but found a lot of God and Devil/ battle bounce

ShinySun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 am

Aleron Ives wrote:I'm stumped, too. The only thing that should cause the legit checker to deny a shield is if the DFP or EVP is beyond the maximum allowed value. I checked the legit file, and the specified values are correct, and according to that drop log, the Hunter's Shell that dropped was also within the parameters. There's no reason from a configuration standpoint for that item to have been flagged, so my only guess is that it's a problem with the checker code that's making it block items even when they conform to the limits file.
The thing is that I generated that exact item, made a game, and enabled /legit. It didn't flag it as non-legit. I put it in the bank, pulled it back out, and didn't get kicked or anything. That's why it has me quite confused.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 am

ShinySun wrote:found a lot of God/battle bounce

...unfair.
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinySun on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:51 am

BlueCrab wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:I'm stumped, too. The only thing that should cause the legit checker to deny a shield is if the DFP or EVP is beyond the maximum allowed value. I checked the legit file, and the specified values are correct, and according to that drop log, the Hunter's Shell that dropped was also within the parameters. There's no reason from a configuration standpoint for that item to have been flagged, so my only guess is that it's a problem with the checker code that's making it block items even when they conform to the limits file.
The thing is that I generated that exact item, made a game, and enabled /legit. It didn't flag it as non-legit. I put it in the bank, pulled it back out, and didn't get kicked or anything. That's why it has me quite confused.
'

its so wierd Neutral, so the checker only lock it when it drop from a box Question

i actually couldnt see it, just saw a white message pop up

ShinySun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 am

Wait, so the white message popped up when you picked up the hunter's shell from the box you got it from? Or was this after you got the item and took it out from your bank? I'm just confused on the whole situation lol.
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:31 pm

ShinySun wrote:i actually couldnt see it, just saw a white message pop up
By "it" do you mean you couldn't see the Hunter's Shell, and you just saw the white message saying that it got blocked, or do you mean that you couldn't see the white message?

MuCast wrote:Wait, so the white message popped up when you picked up the hunter's shell from the box you got it from? Or was this after you got the item and took it out from your bank? I'm just confused on the whole situation lol.
The drop checker doesn't work like that. If legit mode sees that a dropped item doesn't conform to the legit parameters, it immediately deletes that item from the floor, and then it sends a message to everyone in the team saying that it detected a hacked drop of item x.

Theoretically, the drop checker should flag the same kinds of things that legit mode would flag if you tried to take them out of the bank, so BlueCrab tested by creating a Hunter's Shell, turning on legit mode, and taking it from the bank. He didn't get kicked, so it passed the legit check.

I think this is a good time to reiterate that legit mode won't eat items you already have, because PSO sends different packets for items that drop from enemies or boxes versus items that you drop from your inventory. The legit checker only scans and deletes hacked items that drop from enemies or boxes, but it never does that for items that you drop from your inventory. (If legit mode was enabled, you couldn't have a hacked item in your inventory in the first place. You would have been prevented from joining the team if you had it with you while you were in the lobby, or you would have been kicked when you removed it from the bank, or legit mode would have refused to activate if you had it with you when the leader tried to enable legit mode.)

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinySun on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 am

im sorry if my bad english make you confuse

when i hit the box a white message pop up say it block Hunter Shell, i cant see the item

Edit:O.O i just got a similar problem in Ruin, when i hit a box a white message pop up and say it block God Shiled Byakko

Edit 2: now i so confuse, when i use a telepipe,back to pioneer 2 to refill my trap then get back the Shield is on the ground

ShinySun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 am

Code:
[2011:02:22: 12:37:41.915]: Potentially non-legit item dropped in legit mode:
2e000201 001c0000 00000000 00000000
That one is actually not a legit item, according to the legit.xml that is configuring Altimira... It has a DFP enhancement of 28, and according to the legit.xml for Altimira, the max on that item is 15.

As for why it showed back up... that confuses me. Sadly, I don't really have time right now to look at it due to work and class. Blegh...

Are you playing on a client that has any odd patches applied to it at all?

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinySun on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:42 am

i only install a few patch from PSO palace

ShinySun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 pm

I can only think of two possible explanations. First, the packet format for shields could be reversed and that shield has 28 EVP, not DFP, which is possible. The log looks kind of weird, namely,

2e000201

should be

002e0201

That extra 00 is what's normally used for grinder values on weapons or Photon Blasts on Mags, and on shields it's not used. Why is it in the middle of the item code instead of at the end like for weapons? I have a hunch that maybe DFP and EVP values are swapped somehow, too.

The alternative is that this is another flaw in PSO's drop generation, like giving grinder values to weapons that can't be ground. Maybe PSO just assigns a random amount of DFP or EVP to shields, even if those values aren't possible. I have a feeling this isn't the case though, since if PSO did that, lots of Dreamcast users would have shields with invalid DFP or EVP values.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:That extra 00 is what's normally used for grinder values on weapons or Photon Blasts on Mags, and on shields it's not used. Why is it in the middle of the item code instead of at the end like for weapons? I have a hunch that maybe DFP and EVP values are swapped somehow, too.
Its done that way for compatibility with PSOv1. Since we're talking about a V2-specific item, some things had to be done to make it so the v1 clients would see something at least mostly sane there, so v2-specific items masquerade as v1 items in such ways.

As you said, the byte used for grinding on weapons is unused on shields, so v1 ignores it. In this way, v2 can use it to hide a v2-specific item behind a normal v1 item. There's a whole set of rules, which I've mapped out previously that the game has built-in.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh, so that's how Ver.1 is able to see "Barrier" when you drop any Ver.2 shield. Shocked I think I'm going to have to set up another test to see if I can get the drop checker to freak out over shield drops like I did with weapons if we're going to track down the cause of this...

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun May 15, 2011 1:00 am

After quite a bit of testing, the legit checker should no longer incorrectly block shield drops on Altimira. Like with the weapon grinder problem, the error was actually due to a bug in PSO, so it wasn't the legit checker's fault. Razz

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:33 pm

I broke Altimira somehow by loading into an area (on DCv2) while someone (a PC player) joined (or so Ives tells me).
Sowwy....
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 pm

The best part is, Altimira now crashes any time somebody tries to connect to it. It's been restarted at least twice now and I still get disconnected if I try to enter BLOCK 01, and Altimira crashes at the same time. When Moop breaks the server, he doesn't fool around. Cool

*edit*

BlueCrab already found the bug, so he's updating to prevent ships from re-crashing. cheers Next he's going to look at the logs I made to see if anything can be done about the invisible joining player problem. bounce

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:The best part is, Altimira now crashes any time somebody tries to connect to it. It's been restarted at least twice now and I still get disconnected if I try to enter BLOCK 01, and Altimira crashes at the same time. When Moop breaks the server, he doesn't fool around. Cool

*edit*

BlueCrab already found the bug, so he's updating to prevent ships from re-crashing. cheers Next he's going to look at the logs I made to see if anything can be done about the invisible joining player problem. bounce
The reason why it started doing that when Moop caused the first bug is because when it was restarted, a newer (buggy) version was in use. Sorry to bust your fantasies of breaking things severely there, Moop. Cool

Anyway, I found the bug pretty much immediately and fixed it, so all should be well now. As for what broke it in the first place, I don't really know. Unfortunately, the logs say nothing of use, and there is no coredump to debug it from. I did fix things while I was at it so that core dumps should be generated now, if further crashes occur. Wink

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Hrm... it looks like whatever Moop did to crash it the other day happened again today. However, I have no idea what went wrong, since it looks like the coredump got corrupted or something. I now have Altimira running in a debugger to catch it if it happens again though...

EDIT: As a side note, I'm doing some work on the shipgate, so it may appear that there are no ships available for (hopefully very short, as in less than a minute or so) periods of time tonight and tomorrow. If you don't see any ships up, reconnect after a few minutes, and the issue should pass.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Hm... I wonder what I did this time... Rolling Eyes
All that happened was me transporting to Ruins 1 on Ultimate, and someone tried to join while I transported. It didn't disconnect me for about 30 seconds to a minute, though, if that helps at all.
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Moopthehedgehog wrote:Hm... I wonder what I did this time... Rolling Eyes
All that happened was me transporting to Ruins 1 on Ultimate, and someone tried to join while I transported. It didn't disconnect me for about 30 seconds to a minute, though, if that helps at all.
Well, you didn't crash it this time, it seems... Considering its still up at this point.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mahkbooks on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 am

Cannot log into a passworded team. This has never happened before. The team leader is on DC, and I am on PC, but this has never been a problem before this weekend.

mahkbooks
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueCrab on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 am

mahkbooks wrote:Cannot log into a passworded team. This has never happened before. The team leader is on DC, and I am on PC, but this has never been a problem before this weekend.
When did you last try, because I just fixed a bug that I had inadvertently caused with r500 (that caused all passworded teams to effectively be completely locked). If you haven't tried on Altimira in the past 8 hours or so (its 11:30AM Eastern time as I'm writing this -- Iselia was updated about an hour or two earlier than Altimira because someone was online), then the fix wouldn't have been included yet.

If you're still having a problem and /ver reports anything 516 or later, then let me know.

BlueCrab
Power Member
Power Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next