Non-torrent download? (At college, torrents are blocked)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Non-torrent download? (At college, torrents are blocked)

Post  baf1 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:14 am

Hi there. I'm wanting to get into PSO PC, but the only download link I can find is a torrent, which I can use since my campus is blocking them. I had BB installed but was just told that it won't work for cross-compatible play between PC and GC, so here I am. I also have a Dreamcast on the way so I want to be able to play all three together.

Anyway, would it be possible for someone to upload the installer for me, or send it to me directly using any method outside torrents? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

baf1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Non-torrent download? (At college, torrents are blocked)

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 am

I have been known to send the zip over AIM on occasion, but that was with the official client, and it took a while. It might be even slower now that I have to use Pidgin. Also, you really should get a GC if you want to play with them. Compatibility between Ver.2 and 3 is rather low.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:50 am

2x 700mb files are also tough to put anywhere except a torrent...
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baf1 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I have been known to send the zip over AIM on occasion, but that was with the official client, and it took a while. It might be even slower now that I have to use Pidgin. Also, you really should get a GC if you want to play with them. Compatibility between Ver.2 and 3 is rather low.
I do have the GC version, complete with the broadband adapter and everything, but I'd like to mess around with the cross-compatibility and see what I can do with it. Like I said I also have a Dreamcast on the way and would like to at least try networking them together.

If it's 2 700MB zip files, any chance you could put them on megaupload? With a free account you can upload whatever you want, and without requiring others to pay, files up to 1GB are free to download. An example is a file I uploaded: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DY0FTW7 (It shows the message that files under 1GB are fine, so the 700MB zips should be all right.)

Thanks!

baf1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I do not use those sites, because they remove content periodically either because it's not popular, they think it violates some law, or they just feel like it. Direct download free hosting sites are too unreliable.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  baf1 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:I do not use those sites, because they remove content periodically either because it's not popular, they think it violates some law, or they just feel like it. Direct download free hosting sites are too unreliable.
Well any way of getting the files are cool by me, I just thought that might be easiest, since it's free and all.

baf1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top