Banned from the server

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Moopthehedgehog wrote:Now, Lee had to ban an entire ISP BECAUSE OF THIS! It's not Lee's fault; Lee's just doing his job. Seeing as how Mr. Phonton still tries to evade the ban (or so I've been told), this causes problems for innocent people who just want to play an online RPG. SO STOP BLAMING LEE!
This is where your argument falls apart. Mootwo (hereafter referred to as "it") was banned for being similarly annoying as Kireek, except an ISP ban was not used. Why? It lives in a country that has a lot of PSO players, so banning an entire ISP would cause a serious inconvenience to a lot of people. Kireek, on the other hand, lives in a country that "nobody cares about", so it is easier to just ban his ISP instead of going to the trouble of banning him repeatedly. Furthermore, security in the server could be increased to block all unregistered users, thus preventing him from logging on regardless of his ISP. Even without such a security increase, it's not that hard to just re-ban him. It's not like there's a sea of Ver.2 players around for him to hide in. Banning any ISP on account of one player is nothing less than lazy.

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 am

Aleron Ives wrote:
Moopthehedgehog wrote:Now, Lee had to ban an entire ISP BECAUSE OF THIS! It's not Lee's fault; Lee's just doing his job. Seeing as how Mr. Phonton still tries to evade the ban (or so I've been told), this causes problems for innocent people who just want to play an online RPG. SO STOP BLAMING LEE!
This is where your argument falls apart. Mootwo (hereafter referred to as "it") was banned for being similarly annoying as Kireek, except an ISP ban was not used. Why? It lives in a country that has a lot of PSO players, so banning an entire ISP would cause a serious inconvenience to a lot of people. Kireek, on the other hand, lives in a country that "nobody cares about", so it is easier to just ban his ISP instead of going to the trouble of banning him repeatedly. Furthermore, security in the server could be increased to block all unregistered users, thus preventing him from logging on regardless of his ISP. Even without such a security increase, it's not that hard to just re-ban him. It's not like there's a sea of Ver.2 players around for him to hide in. Banning any ISP on account of one player is nothing less than lazy.

Oh. haha, thanks--that was the part I was most unsure about. *Fixed*
avatar
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Lee on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 am

Aleron Ives wrote:Found him online again on DC/PC as _HUGO_, lulz. IP b&. -_-


I'm not the only person who is lazy and ip ban's...

There was a day when he kept comming back taking the piss saying i could never ban him, was on skyline at the time. each time I ip banned him i noticed him in the same subnet range, this is the subnet that was subsequently banned, it's not a whole ip but 254 ip's in a single range of thosends.

Actually all the bans on kireek add up to aboue 2 subnet bans, and there are actually more usa and russian ranges banned then portugual.

It's just unfortunet that portugal is basically a 3rd world country and only has about 3 isp's to begin with....

Lee
Member
Member

Number of posts : 29
Age : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:19 am

Why can't you ban his Dreamcast?

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Lee on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 am

Aleron Ives wrote:Why can't you ban his Dreamcast?

he's not using a dreamcast. I checked.

Lee
Member
Member

Number of posts : 29
Age : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:52 pm

So it just isn't possible to just block his specific router/modem's MAC address, serial number, computer itself, etc.?
avatar
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Treamcaster on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Lee wrote:
It's just unfortunet that portugal is basically a 3rd world country and only has about 3 isp's to begin with....

QFT.

Edit:
Kireek told me in the other day that he laughs of everyone who tries to "attack" him. He's probably doing it right now, while eating popcorn, as he says...
He also claims that he wants to see schtserv going down, with staff that ban everyone because they can't handle the situations.
The thing is, Kireek isn't showing up on the server because he doesn't want to, while in the meantime other people can't join... he sees this as an amusing thing to do. Apparently he's doing it for fun and to show schtserv management flaws.
As he would say, since he hasn't been online bothering anyone for a long time, he takes no responsability to what is happening to innocent players right now. It's all schtserv staff fault he adds, while laughing at the PSOBB screenshot I posted and saying "I'm not playing on this server anymore, this is so stupid to be happening to you.".

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 437
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  MuCast on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Its not worth arguing logic with Kireek, so many flaws in his logic has been constantly been shown to him time and time again that it adds even more to the point that its not worth even talking to him. There are multiple threads on multiple forums that show that, and yet he goes about arguing his points are truth.

E.G: I use no wep drop, he defines legitimacy as black and white, you are either or not, I traded with him a long time ago, which means by his standards he has illegitimate gear, therefore hes "illegitimate" by his own standards, I noticed this on a thread on apso awhile back mag was loling around on.

It won't ever be admitted directly that he may be wrong, but everyone is pretty much done with him, at this point hes just doing what he typically does and is attempting to instigate another pointless bawfest at the cost of perhaps a few people who would like to play this game because he dislikes schtserv.

I'm sure if hes truly still active, I'm sure this will be quoted, then placed on apso with special commentary and his "logic" thrown in to try to prove I said something that will likely be placed out of context many, many times over, to be frank, its just not worth even paying attention to.

so Tream, just go find him irl and kick his ass till he quits pso for good xD
avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  ducky on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 am

MuCast wrote:Tream, just go find him irl and kick his ass till he quits pso for good xD

I quote this as a second. I will also give you ten dollars if you do.
avatar
ducky
Member
Member

Number of posts : 22
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:29 am

ducky wrote:
MuCast wrote:Tream, just go find him irl and kick his ass till he quits pso for good xD

I quote this as a second. I will also give you ten dollars if you do.

10 dollars? I'll give you a black Dreamcast BBA!
avatar
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Lee on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

His latest ban was:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 pm

by ives above.

so much for not doing stuff recently, the shit that comes out of him is amazing...

Lee
Member
Member

Number of posts : 29
Age : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  MuCast on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Pointless.
avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Treamcaster on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:16 pm

And the legacy continues... Kireek IS BACK ON SCHTSERV.
(Images sent by Kireek himself)





It seems Lee's ban wasn't that affective after all.
Thanks to Lee, the whole IP got banned, involving innocent players for nothing.

Here's what me and other players face off when trying to connect to the ships:

What a shame! Evil or Very Mad

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 437
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Maybe you should just do what he's doing, lulz. Rolling Eyes

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Treamcaster on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Maybe you should just do what he's doing, lulz. Rolling Eyes
Then I would be sued for not being "legit".

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 437
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  MuCast on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

[/quote]Then I would be sued for not being "legit".[/quote]

Confused.

Also I find it funny that out of the pictures Kireek could post, he decides to post a picture of himself holding a weapon and a mag in the lobby, makes me laugh a bit.

But most of all I would say if Kireek is able to get back on, then do what he is doing, its more than likely you won't get banned because Kireek is on a list of ban-on-site players, and you are not, so if you are able to bypass the ban, its just another innocent player playing on the server, I don't believe that Lee would see the harm in that, seeing as afaik you have never done anything terrible on the server, at least in my time on schtserv xD

avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Treamcaster wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:Maybe you should just do what he's doing, lulz. Rolling Eyes
Then I would be sued for not being "legit".
Nobody is anymore, anyway.

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  EvilMag on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 pm

I still don't understand why Kireek still comes on this server, clearly no one on this server likes him but when he does come, why skyline? Why the most popular ship? Are you trying to set yourself up to get banned again? Why can't he just go back to his precious group who uses stolen server software. (I am aware BlueCrab knows about it.) When you keep coming back over and over again, it gets annoying. It's not Lee being the one whos to blame for the reason you can't play Tream. Its Kireek seeing how he still doesn't get the message that He's BANNED! At first I said that Lee went to far but I can see why, because Kireek doesn't get the message that he's not allowed on this server. No one wants him on.

Inb4shittalkonAPSO.
avatar
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

The problem is that Lee's policy is pointless. It's doing no good and only harm. Hugo is still here and Tream isn't.

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  EvilMag on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Well then why isn't Tream using what Hugo is using to get on here?
avatar
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:33 pm

He apparently doesn't know how. Even if he did, why should be be forced to pay for Hugo's faggotry?

_________________
"Fear the HUnewearl."
avatar
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  EvilMag on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Guess you raise a good point, so what can we do?
avatar
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Treamcaster on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Ives's right. When I asked Kireek how he done, he answered he just tried a whole bunch of different proxies. As of right now I have not time or the patience to be looking for every possible proxy that could possibly work with this, having to face trial and error. That's not supposed to be the users' work if ya feel me..

I just posted this as an update to the current situation. There's nothing to be done about this anymore I guess. Kireek wont stop, Lee's not giving up the ban and other players will never be able to join again on Schtserv, either on PC/DC/GC or BB versions.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 437
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  MuCast on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Treamcaster wrote:Ives's right. When I asked Kireek how he done, he answered he just tried a whole bunch of different proxies. As of right now I have not time or the patience to be looking for every possible proxy that could possibly work with this, having to face trial and error. That's not supposed to be the users' work if ya feel me..

I just posted this as an update to the current situation. There's nothing to be done about this anymore I guess. Kireek wont stop, Lee's not giving up the ban and other players will never be able to join again on Schtserv, either on PC/DC/GC or BB versions.

Well, there is always Izakaya lol :p

But seriously, the ban is particularly pointless, in all honesty, its probably perpetuating the whole cycle of Hugo going on, Hugo getting banned, the fact that he can just get around the protection just gives more ammo to him to say that schtserv sucks. Of course none of us care that much, but Tream is of course the person having trouble, if the ban was lifted, my best guess is that at first he would be on, but would likely fade away over time. I mean what is the most he can do online anyway? Mail us if we are in locked games? Say stuff to us as we walk to the lobby counter? There is always /ignore and Its not like anyone should take something said by someone they don't know online as exact truth automatically and get pissed about it. I don't think I would see him as any more of a nuisance than the BRs, just lock your game and you're good to go.

I don't really see the point in the ban, if all its doing is not letting people on v2 who actually want to play, and one annoyance who is logging on for the sake of pissing people off. I don't have much of a care what Hugo says or does, as long as it doesn't directly or indirectly harm players on this server, he can go talk on APSO if he chooses, as long as he keeps it away from Schtserv and it's respective forums.
avatar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  DoctorN on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:45 pm

theres always other private servers Smile but none are nowhere near as cool as schtack. like, nowhere.

DoctorN
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned from the server

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum