I will look like a noob...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I will look like a noob...

Post  Treamcaster on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm

...but whatever.
I did a clean installation of win7 and now I installed PSO and here's what shows up in the registration menu:

Can't input serials...

Neither does it work with winxp and other compability retro functions:
Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I will look like a noob...

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

It worked on a previous installation?

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Well, I think so... I don't know if this has anything to do with the modded version of the OS I've installed: win7 gamer edition x64...
Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

*calls MuCast*
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 am

I dun liek takin calls.

Anyhoo, I know mag had a few complications when he upgraded to Win7 regarding his save files, but I don't think it was anything of this magnitude, frankly for me I have Win7 Home Premium x32 bit and I didn't have this problem, perhaps a re-install may work? idk man Mad
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Any way do inject serial data through regedit or hexedit?
Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

If you saved the original registry entries, yes. If you didn't, no.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:18 pm

does this have something to do with the fact that there is a 64 bit OS involved, even though 64 bit supposedly runs 32 bit?

@treamcaster
can you run it in windows 98 mode? or winnt 4.0 or windows 2000?
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

about the 64 bit running 32bit

Post  gyedion on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Well 64 bit will run 32 easily and even 16 with a bit of a pinch. If it does do it on its own but if you have this is what I found by playing around and running all sorts of custom operating systems on my laptops.
My biggest surprise was a friend gave me an os to try. I was having trouble running it ran slow and the graphics were iffy most the time. He came over to give it a look and it had both 32 bit and 64 install files. I had managed to install and make a 64 bit os run on a 32 bit laptop it would push simple games.

So I say check that your computer or laptop is actually 64 bit to be able to handle the os and then if it is and it still doesnít want to let you put in your data. I suggest grabbing (be it a download or an actual disk) a non custom os. Then tearing in to it and pulling the registries from it. Placing a full registry from the stock os in your registry and then use regedit or registry edit tool of choice to get rid of copies ect. Then reinstall the game and try your luck then.

I will warn you now the tearing a disk apart and getting the registries from it take a lot of time but if you get it right and running exactly the way you like. Then make a new os install disk as well so you donít have the problem again no idea if you solved the issue yet but the last post isnít a thank you so I hope this will be help full and I recommend downloading a live boot os (os on a cd/DVD no install required) a full one. So more than 2.3 GB and tear the iso apart and then grab the registries from that itís a lot easier that way.

Good luck and happy gaming Smile
edited to be more readable enjoy

Last edited by gyedion on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
gyedion

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ducky on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:11 am

Jesus dude, lrn2english

seriously, I see a massive wall of text and my eyes subsequently begin to bleed.
ducky

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 pm

gyedion wrote:Well 64 bit will run 32 easily and even 16 with a bit of a pinch. If it does do it on its own but if you have this is what I found by playing around and running all sorts of custom operating systems on my laptops.
My biggest surprise was a friend gave me an os to try. I was having trouble running it ran slow and the graphics were iffy most the time. He came over to give it a look and it had both 32 bit and 64 install files. I had managed to install and make a 64 bit os run on a 32 bit laptop it would push simple games.

So I say check that your computer or laptop is actually 64 bit to be able to handle the os and then if it is and it still doesnít want to let you put in your data. I suggest grabbing (be it a download or an actual disk) a non custom os. Then tearing in to it and pulling the registries from it. Placing a full registry from the stock os in your registry and then use regedit or registry edit tool of choice to get rid of copies ect. Then reinstall the game and try your luck then.

I will warn you now the tearing a disk apart and getting the registries from it take a lot of time but if you get it right and running exactly the way you like. Then make a new os install disk as well so you donít have the problem again no idea if you solved the issue yet but the last post isnít a thank you so I hope this will be help full and I recommend downloading a live boot os (os on a cd/DVD no install required) a full one. So more than 2.3 GB and tear the iso apart and then grab the registries from that itís a lot easier that way.

Good luck and happy gaming Smile
edited to be more readable enjoy

honestly, i know for a fact that 64bit doesn't kill psopc like this.
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

View user profile http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gyedion on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok its running just fine on my laptop its 64 bit that wasnít my point.

What Iím saying is that he might be trying to run a 64 bit system on a 32 bit computer, or there may be missing registries. A 32 bit computer will run a 64 bit os. But it doesnít run right that could be the problem.

Iím using 64 bit os and computer and its working awesomeÖ after I dumbed down the power my laptop used to play the game.
gyedion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:05 pm

gyedion wrote:Ok its running just fine on my laptop its 64 bit that wasnít my point.

What Iím saying is that he might be trying to run a 64 bit system on a 32 bit computer, or there may be missing registries. A 32 bit computer will run a 64 bit os. But it doesnít run right that could be the problem.

Iím using 64 bit os and computer and its working awesomeÖ after I dumbed down the power my laptop used to play the game.

You cannot install 64bit that is not supported by a cpu, therefore he wouldn't have 64bit windows/(other) on there in the first place.
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gyedion on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 pm

yes you can install a 64bt os on to a 32 bit computer if you dont beleive me come visit ill show you the laptop! GUES WHAT though it runs slow as fuck and is touchy and doesnt like to ever load but that could be becaues the cpu was only 1GHz the fsb was ~.72GHz and 512 ram now fuck off i been at this shit since i was 10 and have alot of shit that "cant happen" happen you dont like it ill gi ve you my address you come and see it your fucking self!
gyedion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:44 pm

gyedion wrote:yes you can install a 64bt os on to a 32 bit computer if you dont beleive me come visit ill show you the laptop! GUES WHAT though it runs slow as fuck and is touchy and doesnt like to ever load but that could be becaues the cpu was only 1GHz the fsb was ~.72GHz and 512 ram now fuck off i been at this shit since i was 10 and have alot of shit that "cant happen" happen you dont like it ill gi ve you my address you come and see it your fucking self!

I would prefer it if you don't go around flaming people for their own opinion, its the kind of thing that looks unappealing relative to someone's viewpoint of the person saying it, and more importantly, it causes people to shun the person saying it and to disregard any views they may have.

The part starting at "now fuck off" was entirely pointless to say, congratulations, you are acting no different than the millions of other internet d-bags that go around trying to start flame wars, whether it was your intent or not, why don't you go take the time to actually be polite and revise your words instead of acting like a pathetic, pretentious little child and throw f-bombs and curses from behind your computer screen. I'm simply saying this to keep up this forum not being some stupid fucking flame topic over and over again like there has been in the past on the main schtserv forums. Have you seen many flame or troll topics here? There are very few, and they are usually taken care of quickly.

So please, next time you respond to someone who has a different opinion or different experience, whatever, please take the time to be nice enough to phrase your words a bit more eloquently, I'm not fond of logging on and watching people throw flame comments as I'm sure the majority of the community is either, thank you and have a nice day.

tl:dr version: trollmoar
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:04 pm

gyedion wrote:...i been at this shit since i was 10...

You certainly type as if you were 10. No.. wait. That's giving you too much credit. I've seen 10 year olds actually type more coherently.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:48 pm

MuCast wrote:
tl:dr version: trollmoar

Let him Troll away, I honestly could care less if he wants to stay an idiot.

Wing wrote:
gyedion wrote:...i been at this shit since i was 10...

You certainly type as if you were 10. No.. wait. That's giving you too much credit. I've seen 10 year olds actually type more coherently.

lmfao.
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:05 pm

gyedion, nobody is going to want you here if you continue to ramble with a combination of incoherent and rude posts. Either learn to use periods and to respect people, or find another forum to haunt.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gyedion on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:50 pm

ok fair enough im sorry for snapping just a little stressed today. Im sorry i guess i took it out in the post with out thinking about it. ill take the time to read and keep posts more user friendly in the future. but my offer will stand to show a 64 bit os running an a 32 bit laptop i still have the os and the laptop and the laptop needs to be reformatted any way.

im just saying it CAN happen not that it did but its some thing to check. He said it wasnt a stock os he was using well if the guy he got it off stripped the 32bit side to make it smaller it might have installed the 64 bit instead.

think of it as drivers for say your graphics card you can use any driver it wont work right but you can do it if the os doesnt have the right drivers in 32 it might try to push 64 like the os i have does with my laptop.
gyedion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gyedion on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 pm

gyedion wrote:well I did actually fail English all the way through school and had to go to summer school from 1st grade on up because of English. Iím sorry Iím a horrible speller and grammar has never been my thing

know what im sorry some of use are just stupid in some aspects spelling punctuation and grammar are my weakest point but i cant shoot a man at 500 meters just fine with rco or iron sights. i dont meen to be an asshole and im sure you have all had a bad day and posted some thing and when you went back was like wtf i dont remember posting that or i cant believe i posted that. it happens and like i said im sorry i fucking fail ill leave this thread alone and go and just tend to the one i started because i wanted to help.
gyedion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Thank you very much for respecting the other people on this forum, we've all had bad days, but it doesn't do any further good to take it out on others, though admittedly, its a lot easier said than done sometimes. Crying or Very sad
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:01 am

It's rare to see someone apologize that quickly for a situation such as this. It shows a lot of maturity, so perhaps you were simply having a bad day. In that case, I apologize as well.

If you can shoot as well as you say, then that's certainly a handy gift. I appreciate the big boys like yourself keeping the enemies at bay and our families back home safe. I come from a very military family, and my own brother is in the army right now, so I understand somewhat. I'll be more patient with you in the future.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lawl

Post  ViennaMoose on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:10 am

Hmmmmm, I'm using Win 7 64-Bit, and it runs fine if that helps any.

ViennaMoose

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top