Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions from a new guy

4 posters

Go down

Few questions from a new guy Empty Few questions from a new guy

Post  Danbo69 Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 am

Hey guys,l I've recently downloaded PSO for the PC and its working great.
I started playing online without the serial but now I've recieved the serial. Is there much point to registering my serial other than lobby msuic and guild cards?
Also if I did, would i lose my current character?
On another note, if I open up the online.offline from anywhere else than where I originally opened it from, I lost my character? Is there anyway to keep the same character no mater where you open the file from, and also is there anyway of using teh same character on a different/new/reformatted PC?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this and it's all a bit confusing for me. My main worry is I'll get to a high level and then lose my character and have to start at level 1 again...

Cheers!

Danbo69

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Few questions from a new guy Empty Re: Few questions from a new guy

Post  MuCast Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Alright lets see if I can be of assistance here:
1. Not really, except your character is now tied to the server, if you arent registered you are assigned random shared serials when going online sometimes, which means there are some that have been banned lol, im pretty sure koneko went through this but not sure, having unique serials seems to be better.
2. I dont believe so, provided you arent already registered, if you dont have a serial on them already I dont believe they are erased
3. Im not too sure about this one, what I would recommend is leaving the online.offline in wherever you found it in the first place so it brings up your characters and making a shortcut to put on your desktop for it, that way it doesnt cause problems in the future

Also, welcome to Pso pc Very Happy
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Danbo69 Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Cheers mate, that's cleared up a few of my problems for me Very Happy

I used to love PSO on the DC/GC, finding this PSO on PC is bringing back such awesome nostalgia Razz

Danbo69

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Your Guild Card is essentially useless if you're not registered, because each of your characters will have a different number. Consequently, nobody will be able to find you unless all your characters have the same name. It also means that you won't be able to save cards from anyone else, which means you won't be able to check if your friends are online. Registration is highly preferrable.

As for online.offline, the loader only launches pso.exe. It would always be in your main PSO directory. If you want to be able to keep your characters from one PC to another and if you want to be safe in the event of possible corruption, you should make regular backups of your character data. PSO saves 5 files in the Backup folder, PSO_COM, PSO_FLS, PSO_GUD, PSO_SYD, PSO_SYS. Copy these 5 files somewhere else on a regular basis, and also make sure that you save the serial number, access key, and e-mail address that you use when you register PSO. You can use the information/files to restore your characters on another computer.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Danbo69 Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Ahh I see, thats removed my fears of losing my character..thankyou!

I'm sorry to be of more bother but where can I find the backup folder Embarassed I've searched for it with no avail!

Danbo69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm

C:\Program Files\SEGA\PhantasyStarOnline\Backup
cheers
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Danbo69 Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Thankyou!!!!

I don't think I've ever been on a forum as helpful/quick to help as this one Razz

Thanks for all the help guys Very Happy

Danbo69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Danbo69 wrote:I don't think I've ever been on a forum as helpful/quick to help as this one Razz
You should check the chatbox Wink Idea
Moopthehedgehog
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down