Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSL Story... I lol'ed

2 posters

:: Off-Topic :: Off-Topic

Go down

DSL Story... I lol'ed Empty DSL Story... I lol'ed

Post  stasher Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:29 pm

So, I'm downloading the PSO PC torrent and about a third of the way through, I lose my DSL. I try to troubleshoot, but with no luck. I call AT&T, go through multiple people who perform multiple tests. Then they finally send someone out to me. Day two: The AT&T guy fixes my connection problem and tells me why I lost my connection: The way I had my wiring and filters set up was actually filtering out the DSL signal! The only reason I was getting a signal at all was because my house is so close to the station that the signal, for the most part, just powered its way through my filters! So, for all this time, by luck I was getting through. Laughing Plus, he explained that the phone line surge protector I was using was useless... pretty much the same with all surge protectors. Evil or Very Mad
stasher
stasher
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://stasher-dragon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

DSL Story... I lol'ed Empty Re: DSL Story... I lol'ed

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm

We had a similar problem to that once. When the power went out my mom unplugged the cordless phone so we could use a corded one, but when she plugged the cordless one back in later she used the wrong side of the DSL filter so it fucked up both the DSL and the phone line. D: It took quite a while to figure it out lawl.

...Unfortunately ever since DSL was installed where I'm living now the phone line has been fucked up constantly. It always has static and tends to disconnect multiple times each day.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down