Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pillars?

3 posters

Go down

Pillars? Empty Pillars?

Post  furrypaws Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 pm

So, on my epic beginning of v1, I noticed that the graphics are...beautiful. Why didn't they reupdate them with GC, or even BB? ;-; But, anyways...

Trotting along Forest 2, I came across the pillar which I remember from past experience was pushed to unlock Ruins, along with a pillar in Caves 2 and Mines 2. Examining, circling, and casting spellstechs the pillar, I found no way to activate it. Is it still necessary for Ruins, or is there something I'm missing. I looked around, and from what I gathered, do I have to push the one in Mines 2 first, then go back and get the other ones? That might be a bit time consuming, yet...fun, in a weird way. I've also heard you can pipe through the door, which I'm not doing anyways.

Any help is wonderfully appreciated.

I also noticed the sound effects used for casting Foie. Is it just me, or did that add a whole new epicness to the tech?

EDIT: Go figure, I missed the Version 1 section. Go ahead and move it there, unless it's the same scenario in v2. But really, doing this type of thing while doing my homework...generally isn't a good idea, as I think we've all seen by now. >_>

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Pillars? Empty Re: Pillars?

Post  Wing Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 pm

You're doing it wrong. On V1/2, you have to actually defeat Vol Opt first. Head back to the city. Then talk to Principal Tyrell, and you can activate the pillars. It goes by the storyline. Your character wouldn't have known how or what to do to activate them, before getting to the point of the door on Ruins and reading all of Rico's messages up to the Ruins Entrance.

If you want, you can also wall-glitch through the wall.

By the way, Ives. Do the Pillars stay off or activate after glitching into Ruins? Never bothered to look.
Wing
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:32 pm

The pillars won't activate on their own if you proceed into the Ruins without activating them. Razz

Sega was paying more attention to the story in DC, so as Wing pointed out you have to do the areas twice to unlock Ruins. If you do it all in one sitting it's kind of fun as the area map is still filled and all the items from your first run are still on the ground. Laughing

Ver.1 has the best graphics of all the PSO versions. It has a fluid framerate and excellent special effects. The graphics were toned down in Ver.2 to help reduce slowdown, because PSO is too graphically intensive for the Dreamcast to handle, lawl. As for the sound effects, that's the one area where the Dreamcast falls behind. The Dreamcast has the worst sound effects of all PSO versions because its effects are sequenced rather than streamed. Still, the epic graphics of Ver.1 make up for it. Razz
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  furrypaws Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:37 pm

While I personally like the idea, I can see why it was scrapped, considering probably more than 60% of the PSO players don't actually pay attention to the story the first time around (for good reason I suppose), not to mention back-tracking can be a little painful sometimes.

I think it's neat though. I'll need to keep that in mind.

I thought Foie's sound effect made it cool. ._. It was kinda like, "fwooooOOOOOOSHH! Take that, Booma!" The 60 FPS is too pretty though, and I also think I noticed a few extra graphical effects in the areas.

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum