PSO PC Ult mode enemy Resistance Mod Ver. 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSO PC Ult mode enemy Resistance Mod Ver. 2.0

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 am

I'm finally ready to release Ult Resist Mod 2.0. I believe I have improved upon the weaknesses of version 1.5 to make the most well-rounded version yet. You can get it here:

http://psopalace.schtserv.com/downloads/PSO_PC_Ult_Resist_Mod_ver2-0.zip

As usual, here's a copy of the README:

Code:
Phantasy Star Online PC
Ult Monster Resistance Mod
version 2.0
created by: Aleron Ives

------
Intro:
------

Welcome to the resistance mod for PSO PC. The purpose of this mod is to make Force characters more useful offensively in Ultimate mode. As any PSOv2 player knows, Forces do very little damage with magic in Ult. Most people would say this isn't fair, because they have to spend all their time supporting Hunters and Rangers with Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure and Resta, but they can never kill anything because techs do such little damage. They also can't play offline very easily because there are no Hunters or Rangers to kill things for them. This project was created to change that. With this modification, Forces are able to damage things in Ult with magic.

--------------
What to do:
--------------

When you unzipped the zipfile, you should have gotten a main directory of "Ult_Resist_Mod_ver2-0" with 2 sub directories "Sega" and "New" as well as this README.txt file. Both subfolders contain the files "BattleParamEntry_on.dat" and "BattleParamEntry.dat". These are the files PSO uses to control enemy stats. To install this modification, simply go into the "New" folder and make a copy of both "BattleParamEntry_on.dat" and "BattleParamEntry.dat". Then navigate to where you installed PSO. Usually this is

C:\Program Files\SEGA\PhantasyStarOnline

however it might be different for you. This folder contains files like pso.exe, autorun.exe, and online.exe. You should see a folder named "Media" here. Go into this folder, and you'll find a subfolder named "PSO". Go into this folder, too. Now paste the "BattleParamEntry_on.dat" and "BattleParamEntry.dat" files here. Since PSO already has these files, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the old files (the old files are in Read-only mode as well, so it may warn you about that. Overwrite the files anyway.) Now the modification is complete. If you for some reason want to restore Sega's stats for Ult monsters, copy the "BattleParamEntry_on.dat" and "BattleParamEntry.dat" files contained in the "Sega" folder of this installation and paste them into the Media\PSO directory again, overwriting the modified versions you previously installed. That's it!

-------------------
Version History:
-------------------

Hopefully you noticed at the top of this README it says version 2.0. So then, what exactly is new? While version 1.5 significantly increased the damage dealt by Techniques, I realized that it really did not fulfill my original goal for the project, which was to make Forces actually want to use their Techniques to kill enemies. While version 1.5 made damage much higher than with Sega's resistances, the damage output was still low enough that, especially in Ruins, Forces were still better off using weapons than Techniques. As such, I decided to make another mod to fix this. This mod differs from both version 1.0 and version 1.5 in two significant ways.

First, the previous versions were based on FOnewearl damage, so FOnewearls could deal the target damage values, while FOnewms and FOmarls would deal less damage because of their lower maximum MST. This mod bases damage off of FOmarl damage, so FOnewm and FOnewearl will be rewarded for their higher MST by doing extra damage above the projected default values.

Second, the previous mods had significant increases in resistance for each area to ensure that enemies were more difficult to kill as players progressed through the areas. The problem with this system was that it failed to take into account the rising HP of the monsters in each area, so by the time players reached the Ruins, damage had decreased so sharply and enemy HP had increased so greatly that Technique damage was far too low to be truly effective. This mod increases the resistance only slightly for each area to fix this problem. It also gave me the chance to fix the problems with some of the very high resistance values in the Mine. As with version 1.5, this version also includes an offline patch in which the resistances are lower than they are online, so Forces can do more damage since they are alone.

-------
Note:
-------

1) This file ONLY modifies the resistances of Ultimate enemies to Techniques. Enemy HP/ATP/DFP/EVP etc. are the same as Sega's stats. Normal, Hard, and Very hard are all the same as Sega's stats as well.

---------
Credits:
---------

1) Lee

Without Lee this project would NOT exist. He figured out what did what in the BattleParamEntry file and told me how to modify it. After this I did a lot of research and testing to balance the stats in Ult, but without him I couldn't have done anything, as I can't hack my way out of a paper bag. We had different ideas on how we wanted this project to be carried out, but despite our differences of opinion you wouldn't be reading this without him.

2) Aleron Ives (hey look! that's me!)

Hey, I gotta credit myself, it was my idea to start this project in the first place. I also had to spend a ton of time recording damages from Vhard and stats in Ult, and then I had to calculate projected damages for Ult, and THEN I had to figure out how much resistance was needed to get those projected damages. Then I could actually modify the file. =P

3) Beta testers: Sly, The Dude, and Pobega (version 1.0)
The Dude, Tarras, Pyro, Hitomi, and Sly (version 1.5)
Fishy and Turey (version 2.0)

Thanks guys. ^_^

That's the end of this README, I hope you Forces out there enjoy being useful offensively for once. =P Also don't forget to visit PSO Palace, the home of this project. Of course, hopefully you got this file from PSO Palace, because I didn't want it hosted anywhere other than my site. =P

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Last edited by Aleron Ives on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PSO PC Ult mode enemy Resistance Mod Ver. 2.0

Post  Treamcaster on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:16 am

Great. I'll test this on the Dreamcast, as soon as the download is finished.
Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well well..

Post  Wing on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:51 am

You finally released it? Surprised

I thought you didn't have enough testers? Neutral

?_?

Oh well. Anyways, nice work as always Ives.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Turey came back so I had him test. Wink

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

lol

Post  MuCast on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm

I was there for that test lol
good times
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:33 am

Well actually Turey had already tested, we were just testing my disc to see if it could play properly, and we did some more Resist Mod testing as a side effect. Razz

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Good work

Post  Flash T.H. on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:46 am

Yes!!! I might actually survive in ultimate!!! Kidding, I would die anyway, whatsoever. Plus... I don't have access to Ultimate yet... so I can't use it yet, but it will help when I have the chance.

Um... question? HOW SMALL IS THAT FILE??? It downloaded on my computer in like... .2 seconds!!! Shocked
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

View user profile http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 pm

The zip is 32.3KB. You could have checked it. Rolling Eyes

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

%#%^$^@^&^!*%^$&%#&^$#

Post  Flash T.H. on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:11 am

OMGWTFWTH IVES? I WAS FREAKING OUT FOR #%$$#$$#$@ HOURS!!! AND $%$##@#$^$^$%$#@#$% MINUTES AT A $^$#@#^%&^%%^%$%% TIME!!!
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Are you on crack?

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

:D...

Post  Flash T.H. on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 pm

lol

No I'm not. I'm only 13... (Kinda joined when I was 12 11 12(whoops), i lied, sorry...)

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I SMOKE CRACK???

...but I do have multiple personality disorder... (made that up, just good at role-playing)

I'm my normal self, Flash the Hedgehog (PSO and Sonic) Lupin, (Tales of Koridon, look in Off-Topic) and Kisame. (Naruto, lol, I betrayed Akatsuki along with Tobi... not in the anime)
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top