Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit??

4 posters

Go down

Legit?? Empty Legit??

Post  MuCast Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 am

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new topic! I would like to know precisely what is considered legit items within PSO and what is considered nonlegit/hacked

I have heard several guidelines from several people but would like to know what everyone thinks

Thanks
Mucast bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
MuCast
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Legit?? Empty Re: Legit??

Post  Treamcaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am

Being legit, means using everything the game drops to you, or even accept "presents" from the others, under the same conditions.

If you use an hacked weapon or mag, than your not entirely following the rules and some legit players may not like playing with you.

It's easy to identify whether the item if fake or not. As for weapons, those which have +99, red name, are hacked. As for armors and mags, if they are good and have 4 slots they probably have been cheated/ if the mag have max stats and is rare it's almost sure to be hacked.

You better not accept gifts from unlegit players. If you were on Sega servers, you would be banned.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Treamcaster wrote:You better not accept gifts from unlegit players. If you were on Sega servers, you would be banned.
Lol the only way to get banned on Sega was to have unobtainable items or use certain codes that the server was actually smart enough to detect. The majority of cheating was unnoticed and wouldn't result in a ban.

These days, "legit" mostly refers to not using items that have been hacked. Any and all truly rare items that players are willing to give away are certainly hacked since nobody finds those items, and if they did, they wouldn't just give them away.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Treamcaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
Treamcaster wrote:You better not accept gifts from unlegit players. If you were on Sega servers, you would be banned.
Lol the only way to get banned on Sega was to have unobtainable items or use certain codes that the server was actually smart enough to detect. The majority of cheating was unnoticed and wouldn't result in a ban.

True, that's what I wanted to say.

Treamcaster
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Legit?? Empty Re: Legit???

Post  Flash T.H. Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:22 am

So, my DB's Saber isn't legit? Cause, the person who gave it to me (Shadow, I think...) says he got it playing online very hard. How do I tell if it's hacked or not, cause he's like Lv. 24... Neutral
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:29 pm

You can't tell if an item is hacked. Hacked items are identical to legitimate ones, the only difference is your perception of having "earned" a legit item while not a hacked one.

The only way to really know is to assess the rarity of the item in question. DB's Sabers drop like hotcakes in Very Hard and Ultimate, so it's highly unlikely anyone would waste time hacking one since it's easy to get and also sucky.
Aleron Ives
Aleron Ives
Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Legit?? Empty Re: Legit???

Post  Flash T.H. Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:43 am

Okay, that's good... except my online file is corrupted... so I have to re-get it.
Flash T.H.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down