PC vs BB

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PC vs BB

Post  MuCast on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:21 am

heh, well its nice to see someone still interested in playing, I've been around pso on and off for 2 years on schtserv and been playing since the game came out offline, and there are many people who have played online for many years more, but in my experience, I have seen a lot of people who get on here and expect a lot more of the game and get pissed when they don't get like 40 weapons every 10 minutes that are rare, which in most cases leads them to quit or go to BB. I have played BB before and it isn't an absolutely terrible game but I absolutely despise the community, the first time I played it was almost 5 games in a row I had someone come into my normal game with a spread needle and destroy every enemy in the area I was at and then leave laughing. Now granted, this experience could be very different from that which you see on the game but as most people will say on this forum (and I'm sure if you have read this topic you probably have seen) is that they much more enjoy v2 more than BB. There may not be as many people online, and the majority of the newcomers may quit within a few days hours or even at first login. But in my opinion, its very nice to see people who decide to log on and play the game for reasons other than leveling like mad or hunting relentlessly for rares and it makes actually logging on to help those people (if they are new) worth doing. Very Happy
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 am

One of the great things about being a complete noob to this game, is that, I don't know which Items are rare, nor do I care, as long as I get a chance to hack/slash at some things and have fun doing it. Like when you and wing talk about those items I have no idea wtf you're talking about so I just go around and kill stuff lulz.
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 am

BB is in no means a terribad game, it's really good but the only thing I don't like is the fact that none of the changes that crono makes is optional.

People say drops are too easy, well no they're not, the rates are based off the GC rates and the GC rates has some drops that are really hard. Ep4 drops isn't any better. I've been though like 30 runs on that Lost weapon quest on mines hunting for s-red blades and so far, nothing as drop except a fucking pd. I hate it when people bitch about RAcast being broken, well there are not, their stat growth is awful up until they reach 130, they have the worst ATA out of all the rangers, they don't get S-red Blades but they get Daylight scars and S-beat blades and S-red blades are really nice for casts when they are soloing. Hunters really got fucking screwed on BB since stuff like Excal isn't exclusive to them, doesn't matter since most rangers use Excals only for a lizard beatstick. HUmars really got held down with the lack of S/D, lv15 J/Z which has a terrible range, and lv15 resta does not heal as much and it heals so damn slow. A lot of people have given Crono the idea to give HUmars S/D and I agree with it.

One thing I am really sick and tired of seeing is playing Ep2 with rangers who do nothing but fucking Hell Needle all the enemies, seriously I would like to join the killing too, this is why I wish crono could just raise the fucking EDK on the ep2 enemies, oh and the enemies have low light residence meaning HP would be broken on ep2 as well. If you ever play BB ep2, watch out for DPers, they will annoy you.

Nuking FOs are annoying as well, why the fuck did crono decided to give fo boosts, they don't fucking need it, if you want broken fos, go play PSZ.

Trading is annoying since if you wanna do forum trades, you have to wait forever for a mod to approve your topic, if you have an uber, you need proof pics and IMO pics don't prove shit because people can easily A: Photoshop B: reuse old pics or C: have a trainer on that force drops the item. It causes more harm then good when it comes to legitmacy. Item blacklist is annoying like seriously, who the fuck would bother duping a Booma's Claw.

Now with all these complaints you would think I hate the game, of course I don't hate it. I like the game and it is really good. Problem is that BB was only made to test the server saving for PSU. But there are some things that annoy me nowadays about bb like crono making the bosses much harder. They're fucking fine the way they are. He made them almost impossible to beat, my buddy Titanium reported getting OHK by falz's swipe with around 1700 HP. At least Ives didn't made the bosses almost impossible to beat with his ep.

Well that's my 2 cents on BB, inb4stfuadeclone.
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Titanium on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 am

For the record, I said that the swipe did 1700 dmg, it didn't OHKO me(HP was 2012).

ELT is actually pretty high in V3 everywhere; DP would be fine if not only ELT was lowered, but also if it was exclusive to Heaven Punisher(MM and HS would not DP; HP would get delinked from MM too); it is an uber weapon after all. Nuking Forces are a good idea, though I don't think Lee pulled off the boosts that well, as I don't think boosts should exist on shields and armors(as people will then use only those shields/armor); they should only be on the weapons. They need to do more than RSDJZ.
Titanium

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:28 am

still did 1700 dmg and still unfair lol. Welcome Very Happy and yeah I hate the fact that he also added the boost on the merges, so annoying. If they want to do more than SDJZ, start being a melee force.
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Baron_Von_Bullsh-t wrote:One of the great things about being a complete noob to this game, is that, I don't know which Items are rare, nor do I care, as long as I get a chance to hack/slash at some things and have fun doing it. Like when you and wing talk about those items I have no idea wtf you're talking about so I just go around and kill stuff lulz.

Ubersquared! (even though I'm a bit paranoid about legit items...)

In the spirit of the topic...

I haven't tried BB, but from what I have experienced from ship-hopping is that it seems like a very mixed community. Some people are really nice, but then you've got those jerks who go around extensively making fun of whatever they can like insecure bullies.

I can't say if BB has superior graphics (better than v1??), or even if the stuff is broken, but what I can say is that I would much rather be in a community like this one of original pso--where everyone, no matter who they are, is supportive and won't make you feel bad for asking a question they think that you should know, even if you haven't heard of the game until that very same day.

This all coming from a person who doesn't have even 1/2 year veteran experience, all I can say is that, community-wise, pso original trumps BB.

Now, from a player's point of view, I can say BB has more, but what really matters is quality not quantity (if only sega would listen...). I mean, would you rather have the most delicious cake in your entire life, or 10 small cakes that taste like crap?
I haven't even played PSO PC all that much; I'm a Dreamcaster. Based off of what I have gathered about BB's gameplay, as compared to DCv2, I can safely say our version here is more challenging. Think about it.

I suppose all this talk of pso generations makes sense, and I can even verify that--the easier games tend to attract more newcomers to video games. You also have those people (unfortunately too many) who say "Old? why would you possibly want that? It probably sucks!" (with or without that last part) and they are usually those same people who don't give it another thought and go play ep IV.
Sadly, this is the case. In their eyes, BB>PC.
In mine, DC~PC>>BB.

That's my 3 pieces of dark mint chocolate.
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2009-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

I've been scarce because I'm devoting all of my time towards my next quest.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2113
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

DC support?

:please::please:
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:41 pm

ehh, i moved from gc to bb and to v2, why? because v2 seems to be.... moar better.
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

View user profile http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 pm

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. After playing many online games throughout the years, I've noticed that a gigantor community isnt always the best one. As far as graphics go...I still play Atari 2600 and Intellivision...and many other older consoles and games, so graphics are hardly ever an issue. However, gameplay is.

Moop, the fact that you play on DC gives you 10 points of awesome. Why? Because I wish I could play games online on my DC ( I has no dial-up ISP...Or even a phone jack in my house...)
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Moopthehedgehog wrote:DC support?

Why wouldn't it?

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 am

Aleron Ives wrote:
Moopthehedgehog wrote:DC support?

Why wouldn't it?

Maybe because you suddenly wanted to unleash your upending wrath upon the world and go "no updates for joo! mwahahahaha"...
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:33 pm

The Hero and Daughter quest isn't on the DC list...

There are only 5 dl quests instead of 6 like on pc...
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayame on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Moopthehedgehog wrote:The Hero and Daughter quest isn't on the DC list...

There are only 5 dl quests instead of 6 like on pc...

ehe 1 difference.
hayame
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-12-17

View user profile http://www.urbanterror.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 am

furrypaws wrote:
MuCast wrote:it seems like the community of v2 is split, about 60% hacker and 40% legit,

So six hackers and four legits? XD
I have a hard time believing there's even 2 legits on at a decent time at once, I've pretty much given up playing my legit characters online because there's just nobody to play with. Suspect
That's one of the main things that keeps me on BB, either you play legit, or you get smacked with a banhammer. =D
The bad thing though... Here's the community you have to play with.

And I question BB having better graphics than PC.. I mean sure, PC has some broken animations and transparency bugs, but BB is missing a lot of textures in EP1 that just make it seem kind of empty compared to PC's EP1 in my opinion. Razz
Aurelli

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 am

Aurelli wrote:
I have a hard time believing there's even 2 legits on at a decent time at once, I've pretty much given up playing my legit characters online because there's just nobody to play with. Suspect

Really? I've actually only noticed that there are only no legit people on at around 8:00am-2:00pm GMT -5 (unless you count the Brs that actually do play legit).

It all depends on what you mean by decent.
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:06 pm

The state of the DLQ ship is beyond my control. Crono's discriminating, not me. Razz Kurama is the only BR to claims to be legit that I've seen at present.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:23 pm

even brs h4x on bb.
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 pm

EvilMag wrote:even brs h4x on bb.
...Do you mean "brs even h4x on bb"? Razz

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
EvilMag wrote:even brs h4x on bb.
...Do you mean "brs even h4x on bb"? Razz
Yes.
> Everybody

friend of mine ran into a br who was a hucast that was firing multiple megids on ba mode. xD

he reported him.
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurelli on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 am

BRs... that's my only real big gripe about PSOPC. (well this, and people who use game breaking hacks like WTW, GOE, fast techs..)
People who can't speak your language normally wouldn't be a problem... Except that half of the ones here don't know how to find WORD SELECT!

Legit or hacked doesn't even matter, this is the most annoying thing here to me. Razz
Aurelli

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 am

yeah, its a bit of a shame too, I know most of the XBRs are on their own ship now but the stragglers and the unaffiliated ones are just plain annoying, like more than the xbrs ever did, was playing in a game with Baron recently and while we were talking (Baron couldn't lock the game because of an odd IME issue, oddly enough)
and went to forest, which was the only map open at the time, and needled everything to death in Forest 1, and then left. Frankly I don't get it, if you're gonna go be an arrogant asshole go play BB, I know from experience that people do that all the time there (first time I played BB, within 40 minutes I had that happen 5 times to me Neutral) but don't go into a game where a lower level character is playing and just fucking rape everything in site, especially when the game is marked legit

I realize the game could have been locked at one point, but this kind of shit happens to a lot of new players who come here, usually in the first day they are already using hacked equipment, usually because they have no knowledge that they are using it or they ragequit because some needle fucker decides to be an asshole and kill everything in sight, then spam ALGUIEN BR? like 5000 times and leave. Evil or Very Mad
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Moopthehedgehog on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:30 am

There are actually 3 brs I can name to [claim to] be legit
>Aleron Ives

@MuCast
The very first day I logged on with DC I was given about 30+ hit mats, and a lvl 200 mag (how could I have known it was a hack on my first day?)

Luckily some guy FSOD'd and Nol'd me {"at the same time"} and I lost it all (yay)

Since the people who did that have gone, the brs have been nothing in comparison. However, annoyance factor = +1,000%

PS: Did you know there is ANOTHER BR clan? They reside on Alabasta last I heard.
Moopthehedgehog
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 pm

well that wasnt necessairily the point, the point I was trying to make was that we have people who are being assholes and scaring off and ragequitting any few new people we tend to get here, the reason I used the Brs is because they are the most well known for doing it, I don't care if they use hacks or are legit if they do that, I don't want to play with them >.> there are brs who claim to be legit, and if they are more power to them but the point is that this happens a lot, heres the cycle in a nutshell

Step 1 new player logs on schtserv

Step 2 they decide to join one of the random games on there, usually happens to have a hacker or is a setlvl game

Step 3 they say hi and walk about 20 steps into Pioneer 2 and see a whole bunch of random weapons and shit on the ground

Step 4 they pick up items and don't realize its hacked (for the most part)

Now this is fine for someone who wants to hack, but for those new people who want to play the game for what it is, this is a serious problem because they can't discern hacked from legit because they simply dont know. This is what frustrates me because I've met some of these people in game and they are really cool, but usually about 2 days later I never see them again, most likely because they got tired of joining hacked games. Now it would help if we had more legit players online but seeing as the population is already as small as it is its unlikely, well now I'm rambling, I'm just gonna stop this rant lol
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 pm

We need CA/Legit.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member