Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PC vs BB

Post  Seismica on Tue May 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Shifta and Zalure are more important than base stats by miles.

So what you are saying is, i picked a RAcast, which despite the accuracy, is one of the weakest characters for dealing damage when soloing because it can't cast shifta? (and i love to solo, you rarely see me online... kinda why i didn't like PSU, offline mode sucked!)

Laughing

Seismica

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue May 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Seismica wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:Shifta and Zalure are more important than base stats by miles.

So what you are saying is, i picked a RAcast, which despite the accuracy, is one of the weakest characters for dealing damage when soloing because it can't cast shifta?
Yes. (Don't forget Zalure.)

Droids suck at soloing. They contribute greatly to team play, but they are the most difficult to use alone.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2102
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

hahahaha

Post  MuCast on Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 pm

makes sense, first time i got to ulty with my RAcast back like years ago i was wondering why i did 0 dmg at lvl 62 XD, was like, ultimate eh? lets try my...Raygun...oh....miss miss 0 dmg XD

actually, the first time i ever used an organic character was my HUmar on here lmao
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue May 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Droids don't have nearly as much trouble offline as they do online, and online they are only handicapped in Mine/Ruins. Forest/Cave DFP values are so pansy that S/Z are not needed to rape the enemies. Of course with Ludicrous mode, that's no longer the case. Cool

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

ludicrious mode

Post  MuCast on Tue May 05, 2009 7:48 pm

you and your mode lol, actually im kinda curious to try it now, of course not immediately though, dont wanna get destroyed too quickly Very Happy

In any case im raising another racast atm and if I can finish cmode and get s rank time, I might make it my main depending on my weapon choice
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Hey, it goes with better drops and better weapon stats. ;D

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Everyone on BB is an Asshole who always wanna be Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all the time
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LKA on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 pm

EvilMag wrote:Everyone on BB is an Asshole who always wanna be Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all the time
not quite

just most of the people are

BB is the version that's easiest to sign up for and install so obviously it's gonna have more idiots
LKA

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  furrypaws on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:27 am

MuCast wrote:it seems like the community of v2 is split, about 60% hacker and 40% legit,

So six hackers and four legits? XD

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MuCast on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:22 pm

for right now, pretty much Sad
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosAngelic on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am

Well, alright, I suppose I just have to mention this. I like how BB character data is stored on the server rather than locally. This makes it a lot easier for me to travel with PSO on my laptop. Plus I have some bad memories of FSODs from PCv2. XD

ChaosAngelic

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilgamesh76 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:10 pm

How the hell do you FSOD on PSOPC confused
Gilgamesh76

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I like character data being stored on my hard-drive rather than the server. I actually own my character.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Gilgamesh76 wrote:How the hell do you FSOD on PSOPC confused
Shop dupe. Rolling Eyes

And yeah, server side saving sucks. Cronub pulls the plug or decides that he's going to change something, and you can't do jack shit about it. All your data goes bye-bye.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosAngelic on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:55 am

Well yeah, there's that. I'd hope that Crono would pass it on if he left, but... you can never be sure. There's always Tethealla.

ChaosAngelic

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flash T.H. on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:06 pm

My experience with BB! *sings* I'm SO happy that's over with.
I played through it in the one-player mode in secret. I hate it.
I didn't like the control set-up. I peeked a little in the online mode and thought the guild system was a near-complete mess.
I hated the character building. Bleh. Limits.
In Episode IV, I thought I saw a Booma. XD
The graphics were great, the music I seriously didn't pay attention to, and the menu system was complete crap for me. I like keeping it simple.
BB is too complex- perhaps that's why it sucks so much.
That's pretty much it. I'm basing it off of a playthrough of Single-player and a bit of Online, so in no way is this a full review.
Now... here's the part where I get shot for Necropost.
Flash T.H.
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-05-28

View user profile http://lupinakaflashth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilMag on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:11 pm

bumping an old topic is win lol

anyways the main problem with Ep4 is that it is down right frustrating for RAs since they can't hit the Lizards because Sega decided to make it where you can't hit Lizards with guns

Ep2 is where sega was lazy and recycled 2 levels from the BA stages and the towers can only be played online so pretty much sega gave a big fuck you to the GC Offline players. It is also really hard as well. back then when I played GC, even at Lv45 I could never beat Olga on normal >_<

another problem with BB is that, once you have your final equips, your never gonna die, thats why no one plays on BA there.
EvilMag
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

PSO+ has East and West Tower offline as well as Episode II "Challenge". Lizards aren't much of a problem for Rangers; they can use Excalifail or even a Charge Gungnir to demolish them.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 pm

No one remembered the f***ing awesome items, that had a red pulsating name, it was the greatest thing ever to have one of these Very Happy

Brian

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilgamesh76 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:11 am

The first thing that comes into mind when I think of those items is hacked. PSOPC has so much hacking, and items with that text just makes me think hacked, even though some of them are common to find.
Gilgamesh76

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:37 am

Text like that does invoke a sense of uber-rarity, lol.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Wing wrote:And that is because, we don't care about shiny rarz, or getting stupid items, or quest spamming to level fast.

We care about having fun and a good time. So the community matters. That's why we're like that.

Some say we're a bit more tightwadic (a word? lol) because we're vets and don't like the new guys.

Well, that is because the new guys is the mentality of bb, they want stuff.

Lots of people who get pso, aren't aware of bb, they get this because they hear their pc can play PSO online.

Most have already been spoiled with new rpgs, and aren't really fond of rusty stuff.

But when you play a game of a series, usually the original peaks your interest doesn't it? Because it started it all and was something new, more ideas, the developers hadn't run out of any yet lol.

Most people who play pso today, have never played the original v1 and v2 first. And that is why they're like that.

I know this thread is old, and i'll probably get a necromancy magic card again but this remark stood out to me, considering I played with you and (just now discovering) MuCast. You guys did seem pretty tightly bound but at the same time, none of you ever showed "GTFO NOOB!" towards me, as I'm a brand new player to pso, hell i havent even been playing for a week yet, since I checked it out on my DC which I got in november of last year. However I have notice just about everyone i've played with have been very supportive, some more than others naturally. The thing is I've played a lot of rpgs in my time, heck since I first got a computer i started playing MMOs and never I have met a friendly community amongst them. This is actually the first "mmo" that i've actually enjoyed playing if I get enough people on a team, especially if they speak english >.< (no offense to anyone out there). To be honest I've thought about BB because of the higher community base, however reading upon it extensivly within the forums, it seems like it would be a bit of a drag...Anyways, just wanted to say thanks guys.. Oh and if anyone wants to play, I'll be on tomorrow from around noonish to 6ish eastern standard time. PSO WOOOO!!! affraid
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm

As you seem to be aware by your use of quotation marks around "MMO", PSO has a different feel from most online games because it isn't really a "MMO" game. It sort of lacks the "massive" part, and that seems to make a big difference. PSO is treated more like a splitscreen multiplayer game that just happens to use the Internet so you get to use your whole TV, and that four-person team dynamic seems to make for a much better community than games like WoW where you just get randomly shoved into a server with 1,000 other players. The differing mentality between Ver.2 and 3/4 stems from the fact that Sega made the default drop rates in Ver.2 abysmally bad and the leveling-up process tediously slow, and as a result, before Ver.3/4 existed, people who started on the Dreamcast learned to play PSO not for items or power leveling, but just to chill, chat, and kill some Boomas on the side. The result is, at least for those of us here, a much more laid-back and enjoyable online experience than newer online games can provide, including newer versions of this same game that shifted the focus to power leveling and item hunting. Most online games apparently put too much emphasis on making you play long-ass quests that, unless you finish them, yield no results or rewards, so unless you have three hours to play every day, you can't get much out of the game. PSO, on the other hand, allows you to save your progress at any time, so even if you only have fifteen minutes, you can sit down and kill some Boomas, and you get to keep whatever EXP and items you get along the way. Wink

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron_Von_Bullsh-t on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm gonna play with you one of these days Ives...Mark my words...One day...But yeah a lot of it seems laid back which is nice. Though some get a little pushy, as if they're in a hurry or something..Gets kinda irritating when people go "hurry up!" -__-' Though I did play with Wing and MuCast once again today. Coolest bunch of mofos I've come across in the game. I seem to be quite the popular one lately since i'm always on it and use only one character for the moment...It's kinda nice because there's no shortage of people to play with lately Very Happy
Baron_Von_Bullsh-t
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next