PC vs BB

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Neato

Post  MuCast on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Sweet, while there are a fair amount of hackers, there are some legit players still on the server, I play legit(green name games) as well as a few others so feel free to pm or otherwise if you want to play Very Happy
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PC vs BB

Post  Aleron Ives on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm the one who usually makes that observation, if you were still wondering. Razz

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Number of posts : 2102
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://psopalace.funurl.com

Back to top Go down

eh not really

Post  MuCast on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm

ah i see, i remember it being on the other forum but couldnt remember who it was bounce bounce bounce
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LKA on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 pm

i'd play pc more if all of my other friends didn't play bb (and I wanted to raise a FOmarl from scratch again)

wait I do

but I'm lazy

looooollllllll go me >:
LKA

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Well there will be more of a purpose to playing Ver.2 once I release the usable drops / better item stats / harder Ultimate mode, but the game still won't be popular since it has less shiny rarz to collect for e-penis boosting purposes.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LKA on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:05 am

half the shiny rarz from gc/bb aren't that interesting to me anyway so yeah lol

only ones i'll miss are like.. glide divine and heaven striker, but hs is more for the sound it makes and the look than I AM RAPING EVERYTHING IN SEVEN POINT FIVE TWO THREE MICROSECONDS zerk
LKA

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm

I hate Heaven Striker. Heaven Punisher is the most awesome weapon in PSO, and Sega went and nerfed it by making a bunch of lame clones that have the same special attack. Mad

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sideshow on Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:21 pm

I would never consider myself to be a newb at pso. ive played it with my brothers when i was about 9 or 10. I have even enjoyed the older Phantasy star.

to me Pso was the greatest game ever and still is. this is because when i was young and our parents baught us games.. they always got multiplayer titles, simply because they did'nt want to hear me and my brothers fight over whos turn it is to play. PSO was the one game we all wanted to play.. and since we could play it together thats all we played.

years later, tragicly, my brothers and i were seperated. I was adopted by a friend of my father. My half brother is with his mother, and my little brother is with our grandmother in flordia.

well.. one day about three years ago me and my girlfriend were at a gamestop looking through the used titles, and i spotted Pso eps 1 &2. I was in shock, really. I purchased the game for 8 usd and played it for more than 600 hours. (on my main character) before the release of the xbox360 by then i knew just about every thing about this game. however.. for some reason I had never heard of blue burst. or atleast i knew of an episode3 but i was told it was an ubber lame card game.. so i never cared to try it.. besides pso eps 1&2 was already perfect. Though i have to admit.. there is still a lot in the game i haven't done.. like kill a red ragrappy.. never even seen one.. I never played online either. only once when i used the free trial. therefore challange mode and battle was'nt something I played often.
Sideshow

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Um, you mean Blue Rappy's? Those are Al Rappy's. There are no Red Rappies.

Episode 3 is it's own game. Blue Burst was the same as the GC Episodes 1 and 2, with an added episode (Episode 4), tons of new content, and slightly different mechanics. Many refer to it as V4.

Slideshow wrote:besides pso eps 1&2 was already perfect.

lol ok.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Pal Rappies are red and green. ;D

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Pal Rappies are red and green. ;D

Looks orange and green to me.

Also, inb4redantennas.
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Lol, it's hard to remember the colours since you see them so infrequently. xD

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sideshow on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:33 pm

as i said. ive never seen one.. only read about them on some forums.
thanks for the info.

xXsideshow
Sideshow

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Valondra on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:32 am

I always thought PSO Ver 3 was a cheap gimmick, but after borrowing it from a friend and playing it a fair bit, it turned out to be good fun. Turn based startegy, but with PSO! I dont know if its the style of game people like but if it is, its a game to give a go. It's well made and entertaining =]
Valondra

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:53 am

You mean Episode 3? Version 3 is Episode 1 and 2, because it's the third version of the original Phantasy Star Online. Episode 3 was it's own thing since the gameplay totally changed. Storyline, music, graphics, everything about Episode 3 was nice... except the gameplay to me. If I want to go play cards, I'll bust out the UNO deck. xD
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lol card games

Post  MuCast on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

lol (suddenly thinks of playing with pokemon cards as a kid)

good times Very Happy
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:15 pm

I have a few Pokemon cards, but I never played the game and never bought any of them. Razz I got them all for free. xD Whee holographic Mew.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

haha

Post  MuCast on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:19 pm

man back in the day i was obsessed with those games XD
MuCast
Uber Member
Uber Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  furrypaws on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:33 pm

I liked EP3. It was neat, and a good occasional break (to me) of just killkillkill. Especially when I can get a human to play, but since the SCHT version is kinda gimped, and my sister doesn't like EP3 (patience issues) and my brother full out despises the Phantasy Star series, I can't do that often.

Why do the computers have to be so stupid though? D=

Another card series I liked was Lost Kingdoms for the GCN. That game was not the greatest, but...oh, dinner time. Maybe I'll edit this later.

furrypaws
Power Member
Power Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seismica on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Yu-gi-oh was by far better than Pokemon Razz It wasn't as fun collecting them, but the actual game was better.

Never played episode 3...

My favourite pso version is version 3 for the gamecube. I didn't like episode 2, but i had the most fun playing that, although i played it so little i barely got past level 105.

I think version 2 is too biased towards hunters. The fact that HUmars can learn shifta overpowers them. Version 3 was more balanced. I don't like the fact that some special weapons (well the common ones) drop teched, which means you can't tech the stats, so you are effectively losing 10% off an attribute. I suppose this doesn't matter in the later levels, but it is damn annoying.

I'm sure once Ives has finished this patch that he's been working so hard on, version 2 will surpass version 3 in my eyes. When its done we should all have a big party in his honour. With HUnewearl strippers What a Face

Seismica

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wing on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Version one did let you tekk every rare. It was annoying though. If you had to tekk every single one that fell, you'd be annoyed too. Think about how often the regular rares drop. They aren't marked as ?SPECIAL WEAPON, because they aren't unique in look. Notice unique looking weapons can be tekked. The regular rares just change color. They actually have unique appearances on V3.

Also, V3 more balanced? Inb4IvesOMFGGTFOOUTTAMAHFORUMZ!
Wing
Turbo Member
Turbo Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Seismica wrote:I don't like the fact that some special weapons (well the common ones) drop teched, which means you can't tech the stats, so you are effectively losing 10% off an attribute. I suppose this doesn't matter in the later levels, but it is damn annoying.
The trouble is that in the Ver.1/2 drops, Sega defined those rares as basic drops instead of rare drops. Each enemy that can drop weapons (or is it by floor?) has a range of weapons that it can drop by tier, i.e. the rank of the weapon in its series (Gladius -> DB's Saber -> Kaladbolg). Because Ver.1/2 allow the "basic" rares to be in the regular drops, they drop like hotcakes. In GC, the highest regular drops go is the maximum basic item (Sabers stop at Gladius). While you are losing the ability to Tek +10%, it's really annoying finding a ?SPECIAL WEAPON, and then having it turn out to be a DB's Saber. (To some extent, this is the same on GC, since those items are still fairly common.) It's also not a big loss, because those items are useless crap anyway compared to real rares. Razz

Wing wrote:Also, V3 more balanced? Inb4IvesOMFGGTFOOUTTAMAHFORUMZ!
It's true that Ver.3 is more balanced- in some ways.

Seismica wrote:I think version 2 is too biased towards hunters. The fact that HUmars can learn shifta overpowers them.
This is one such example. HUmar is a very broken class because he has so much ATP, and Ver.2 is biased towards Hunters. Ver.3 doesn't really fix anything though, because it's just biased towards Rangers instead of Hunters. Razz Especially in Episode II, the game is massively unfair to anyone who wants to melee. If you don't fight long-range, you get raped. Sega fails at balance I'm afraid, and all I can try to do is damage control. I'm a bit limited in how much better I can make things since I don't have source code with which to enact the massive engine changes that are truly necessary to fix imbalances. If I could just edit the max stats, that would go a long way towards fixing a lot of the problems... Oh well.

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valondra on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 am

Wing wrote:You mean Episode 3? Version 3 is Episode 1 and 2, because it's the third version of the original Phantasy Star Online. Episode 3 was it's own thing since the gameplay totally changed. Storyline, music, graphics, everything about Episode 3 was nice... except the gameplay to me. If I want to go play cards, I'll bust out the UNO deck. xD

You are correct, thats the one I was thinking of. I suppose that particular game is just a case of preference about gameplay, but it was well made hehe. All this talk of new and improved changes for PSO doesnt half excite me. This is what it should have been like back in the day! Sega contacting their fan base and seeing what changes needed to be made. Course, we have Sega V.2 cheers Aleron Ives!
Valondra

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seismica on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:53 am

Wing wrote:They actually have unique appearances on V3.

Unique appearences allows you to keep/drop certain special weapons you find. Although you end up dropping them with low %s like you do on V2. And because the drop rate is much higher for the rare-rares on V3, you tend to get a lot more variety in weapon drops, instead of getting the same rares over and over like you do in V2 (i wonder if Ives managed to fix this, we can hope Razz)

Aleron Ives wrote: Because Ver.1/2 allow the "basic" rares to be in the regular drops, they drop like hotcakes. In GC, the highest regular drops go is the maximum basic item (Sabers stop at Gladius). While you are losing the ability to Tek +10%, it's really annoying finding a ?SPECIAL WEAPON, and then having it turn out to be a DB's Saber. (To some extent, this is the same on GC, since those items are still fairly common.) It's also not a big loss, because those items are useless crap anyway compared to real rares. Razz

Well i said i never really got past lvl 105 on V3, so those common rares with high %s were all i really used (as i never ever found a red handgun, are they super rare on V3 or something?). We found some decent rares, but they seemed to be hunter weapons. Must have been the section id of the first player, as he was always player 1 Crying or Very sad

Aleron Ives wrote:
Wing wrote:Also, V3 more balanced? Inb4IvesOMFGGTFOOUTTAMAHFORUMZ!
It's true that Ver.3 is more balanced- in some ways.

But it did change some things for the worse. V3 has the same limits for material as BB does right? I never found enough materials to find that out on V3. Oh and another thing, Grinders are a lot more common on V2. Go through Ruins on Hard and you can easily find +20 worth of grinders. On V3 you were lucky if you got 1 Trigrinder or Digrinder per stage. and Monogrinders in the shop were rare too.

Aleron Ives wrote:This is one such example. HUmar is a very broken class because he has so much ATP, and Ver.2 is biased towards Hunters. Ver.3 doesn't really fix anything though, because it's just biased towards Rangers instead of Hunters. Razz If I could just edit the max stats, that would go a long way towards fixing a lot of the problems... Oh well.

Oh that explains it... I was a RAmar in V3, and it made me more equal to my mate's HUmar character because i had shifta and he didn't. But in V2 rangers struggle to compete, not just because of the lack of rare weapons for the ranger classes. It doesn't mean they are that bad, it just means that they have to wait a little longer than Hunters before they can handle ultimate because of their lack in ATP. In V3 HUmars struggled the same as rangers did, so the classes were a little more balanced in that respect.

I think the bulk of the problems are level 80-100, and thats the absence of a 5th difficulty as you mentioned on another thread. My problems are just increased by the fact i am a RAcast and can't cast shifta, but a RAmar with shifta is still outmatched by a HUmar without, due to the more powerful weapons that hunters can equip ontop of their higher base ATP.

Seismica

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleron Ives on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Seismica wrote:Well i said i never really got past lvl 105 on V3, so those common rares with high %s were all i really used (as i never ever found a red handgun, are they super rare on V3 or something?).
I believe RHG drops from Pal Rappy or something in GC, and maybe one other enemy, but of course only on like two IDs. That's one thing I hate about the GC drop system- all the IDs are way too unique. Unless you have one of each ID or trade a lot, you can't get the items you want.

Seismica wrote:But it did change some things for the worse. V3 has the same limits for material as BB does right?
Yes. Materials are limted on GC and BB the same way.

Seismica wrote:Oh that explains it... I was a RAmar in V3, and it made me more equal to my mate's HUmar character because i had shifta and he didn't. But in V2 rangers struggle to compete, not just because of the lack of rare weapons for the ranger classes. It doesn't mean they are that bad, it just means that they have to wait a little longer than Hunters before they can handle ultimate because of their lack in ATP. In V3 HUmars struggled the same as rangers did, so the classes were a little more balanced in that respect.
Rangers are only bad compared to Hunters because their ATP growth is slow. The lack of weapons is due to the drops- it just so happens that Sega made the only obtainable drops Hunter only weapons, so Rangers get screwed. Since all items are findable with my new rates, Rangers have access to the weapons that Sega denied them, which makes them far more effective. My RAcast is more powerful than my HUnewearl, BTW. Only RAmar has low base ATP. Razz

Seismica wrote:I think the bulk of the problems are level 80-100, and thats the absence of a 5th difficulty as you mentioned on another thread. My problems are just increased by the fact i am a RAcast and can't cast shifta, but a RAmar with shifta is still outmatched by a HUmar without, due to the more powerful weapons that hunters can equip ontop of their higher base ATP.
I doubt that a RAmar with Shifta would do less damage than a HUmar without. Shifta and Zalure are more important than base stats by miles. FOmarl does more damage when soloing than HUnewearl does, even though she has some 300 less base ATP. Level 30 Techniques make a huge difference. Razz

Socially-Devoid Member
Socially-Devoid Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top